Australians heading to disneyworld.

Congrats on your upcoming trip to the world! We've previously visited in September and it's a great time to go; lower crowds, Mickey's Halloween Party and good weather (but not too hot and humid!). You'll have a blast...but be warned, once you get home you'll be looking to book your next trip!

Once you've been to WDW for the first time, you'll start planning your return trip before you've left.

This exactly! My first visit was 2011, when I planned to go back in 2012 I said I'd be fine to wait a while and explore more of the world before heading back... that clearly didn't happen so WDW visit #6 is coming up in November and #7 being in early discussions. It's the main reason my partner and I broke down and bought DVC, we have skipped Disneyland on previous trips and didn't miss it at all, but no trip to the US is complete for us without a WDW visit.

we are starting in Perth so going be a very long journey.

I'm from Perth as well! You're the first Perth person I've come across on here :D It's a very long journey and the one downside of visiting WDW in my opinion :(

Since you're staying on property, definitely take advantage of the My Disney Experience perks like booking dining reservations and fast passes in advance. Also recommend following other peoples' directions and go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I've only ever been to the Christmas party, but Disney goes all out for their holiday events and I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

Hope you have an amazing time!!! I have been to WDW now 3 times - 2 trips for 6 weeks and 1 trip for 3 weeks, We have been able to do both holiday parties - Christmas and Halloween and Food and Wine. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

We are heading down in August/September, and throwing in everything possible last year. We went back to the UK last year, for our first visit since moving, so there was no WDW trip. We missed it and are really looking for to this one, even if it's something like trip 20! We are doing WDW, cruising, the first Halloween party, annual pin trading event and more! We love to dress-up, and surprised ourselves to find it will be 5yrs since our last Halloween party!!!! :O

We are heading down in August/September, and throwing in everything possible last year. We went back to the UK last year, for our first visit since moving, so there was no WDW trip. We missed it and are really looking for to this one, even if it's something like trip 20! We are doing WDW, cruising, the first Halloween party, annual pin trading event and more! We love to dress-up, and surprised ourselves to find it will be 5yrs since our last Halloween party!!!! :O

Wow - Twilight Terror, impressive trip!

Wow - Twilight Terror, impressive trip!

Well, several factors come into play there, for instance, our vacations have now become every 18-24months, instead of every 9-12months, when living in the UK; we now have to endure a 28-hr flight with changeover both ways instead of 8hrs; trips are now 20-28 days instead of 10-14 days! So these days, when we go, we make the most of the time we have there! But each trip, we try to add in something new. This year will be sad though, as we cannot hang out on BTMR until 3am cos it's under refurb for the duration of our vacation.

When is the PIN trading event?

This exactly! My first visit was 2011, when I planned to go back in 2012 I said I'd be fine to wait a while and explore more of the world before heading back... that clearly didn't happen so WDW visit #6 is coming up in November and #7 being in early discussions. It's the main reason my partner and I broke down and bought DVC, we have skipped Disneyland on previous trips and didn't miss it at all, but no trip to the US is complete for us without a WDW visit.

I'm from Perth as well! You're the first Perth person I've come across on here :D It's a very long journey and the one downside of visiting WDW in my opinion :(

Since you're staying on property, definitely take advantage of the My Disney Experience perks like booking dining reservations and fast passes in advance. Also recommend following other peoples' directions and go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I've only ever been to the Christmas party, but Disney goes all out for their holiday events and I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

There's a few of us on here from Perth don't you worry about that!

Hi,
Another Aussie here, we were there last April and will be back there next April for Wrestlemania and Disney, then off to do 2 weeks in Canada before returning home. I have a problem with planning. Am obsessed!

Due to your dates you will be there for the Halloween parties http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm. They are an extra cost but we loved it especially with it not being a holiday that our family is used to. I justified the extra cost by telling myself that it was an American cultural event and it was important for our children to experience the culture of other countries. I am pretty good at doing things like when it comes to Disney. QUOTE]

Love it!

I haven't been there since 2000, however I'll be there again in about 3 weeks! Going down after a work trip to Boston/Newport RI. Booked a Contemporary Garden View room for 7 nights and very much looking forward to seeing my daughter, who has been working at MK since January.

Here's a pic of her in 2000, and then just a week or two ago. Can't wait to see her. :)

1463515_10153263183787030_5583988206690343124_n.jpg
That is THE best!

Hello! We are also heading over in September for our first US holiday. We are doing Disney first, then a Caribbean cruise, and finishing up with the Universal Parks. So excited!

Hi everyone - do we all know the free dining plan is now live? If your going to Disneyworld in late August, September (forget about October, only 1 October is included), November and December, check it out! Its on the Disneyworld 'current offers' page but they have already moved it 5 spaces down the page. Availability is limited so if your interested, go now! We managed to snag a booking just after it went live :dancer:

Alternatively, there is a room only discount for August to early November - that might work out better deal for some.

Hi everyone - do we all know the free dining plan is now live? If your going to Disneyworld in late August, September (forget about October, only 1 October is included), November and December, check it out! Its on the Disneyworld 'current offers' page but they have already moved it 5 spaces down the page. Availability is limited so if your interested, go now! We managed to snag a booking just after it went live :dancer:

Alternatively, there is a room only discount for August to early November - that might work out better deal for some.

Sorry, just to clarify, if you are checking in on 1 October you will qualify for free dining (if you manage to snag one of the rooms available) but checking in on any other October date will not qualify you for free dining. If your going in October, you could see if you are eligible for the room only discount though.

We bought our tickets separately so can't use the free dining package unfortunately. I'm hoping they might stretch to a room only discount for early-mid December as well... Fingers crossed.

Hello! We are also heading over in September for our first US holiday. We are doing Disney first, then a Caribbean cruise, and finishing up with the Universal Parks. So excited!
Hi!!! We will be there in September too!! 4 nights at Disney and then 3 nights on a Disney Cruise! Are you doing a disney cruise?

Hi!!! We will be there in September too!! 4 nights at Disney and then 3 nights on a Disney Cruise! Are you doing a disney cruise?
No, we are doing one with RC :) Are you there in early or late September? We are pretty much going to be there the whole month! I am so excited - we holiday all the time but this is our first time to the US

We bought our tickets separately so can't use the free dining package unfortunately. I'm hoping they might stretch to a room only discount for early-mid December as well... Fingers crossed.

My fingers are crossed for you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter