Aulani

margot31

DIS Veteran
My husband is going to Hawaii next month for work and I will be meeting him later on. We will spend a chunk over in Kbay and explore the island but we will have 3 days where we need a place to stay. We thought we would take a look at Aulani. It is short notice I know since we had to wait to make sure there was money available for his trip.

2 adults there for 3 nights? Worth it or stay somewhere else on the island?

My husband is going to Hawaii next month for work and I will be meeting him later on. We will spend a chunk over in Kbay and explore the island but we will have 3 days where we need a place to stay. We thought we would take a look at Aulani. It is short notice I know since we had to wait to make sure there was money available for his trip.

2 adults there for 3 nights? Worth it or stay somewhere else on the island?

Since Aulani is a DVC Resort you might get more replies on one of the Aulani Threads on the DVC Board.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-owners-thread-aloha.2592238/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/dv...-room-info-floor-plans.3434753/#post-54156400
http://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-villas-views-updated-02-07-2016.2907389/

Aulani is absolutely spectacular! Yes they are a DVC resort but you can book standard rooms like any other hotel. It is pricey, but I think totally worth it.

Sometimes they have specials , like stay 3 nights and get resort credit. Check out their Facebook page for specials.

Since Aulani is a DVC Resort you might get more replies on one of the Aulani Threads on the DVC Board.

Aulani is absolutely spectacular! Yes they are a DVC resort but you can book standard rooms like any other hotel. It is pricey, but I think totally worth it.
This seems to be a common misunderstanding. Yes, Aulani has a large DVC component, but it is absolutely not just a DVC resort. Aulani has a total of 481 two-bedroom-equivalent Disney Vacation Club villas and 359 hotel rooms. The hotel rooms have several view categories just like the DVC villas, including:

• Ocean View: Includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony
  • Partial Ocean View: Offers only a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony
  • Poolside Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Island Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Standard View: Includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot or parking garage from the room or balcony
There are also a few 1 and 2 bedroom suites. And you can also book the DVC villas as well.

This seems to be a common misunderstanding. Yes, Aulani has a large DVC component, but it is absolutely not just a DVC resort. Aulani has a total of 481 two-bedroom-equivalent Disney Vacation Club villas and 359 hotel rooms. The hotel rooms have several view categories just like the DVC villas, including:

• Ocean View: Includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony
  • Partial Ocean View: Offers only a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony
  • Poolside Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Island Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Standard View: Includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot or parking garage from the room or balcony
There are also a few 1 and 2 bedroom suites. And you can also book the DVC villas as well.

Also, non-DVC members can reserve the villas of they prefer, for cash. You don't have to get a standard hotel room if that isn't what you want.

But the studio and grand villas can be booked by anyone as well. Some people don't realize that. Since it is just her and her husband, maybe they would want a studio! ;)
Still exactly what I said. Studios are considered villas in the DVC world. When I said "DVC villas" it meant studios, 1 BR, 2 BR, and Grand Villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter