August 2017

Room prices have gone up that is perhaps why you see the slightly higher prices but I can tell you that in our case, their percentage off was better for 2017 than it was this year. We got the GF at 60% off rack rate for next August!

Looking at the quote, and I do see where GF is 60% for next August (removing park tix from the equation). My dilemma is we're currently booked at Port Orleans with a bounceback offer for free dining. So I'm trying to decide what's more important... staying deluxe and eating cheap... or staying moderate and enjoying the dining plan.

Looking at the quote, and I do see where GF is 60% for next August (removing park tix from the equation). My dilemma is we're currently booked at Port Orleans with a bounceback offer for free dining. So I'm trying to decide what's more important... staying deluxe and eating cheap... or staying moderate and enjoying the dining plan.

Well that's a completely different dilemma :upsidedow.

We used to be a huge proponent of the dining plan as it always made sense for us especially when my girls were younger. Back then, we always went in the fall, were constantly at the parks and ate like the dining plan was designed so it was great. Fast forward...my girls are now college age, we go in August and spend way more time at the resorts because of the heat, got AP's and tried TIW a few years back and well, staying deluxe and using TIW is a much better option for us now. Best advice I can offer is to really sit down, do the math and if you spend more time at the parks then you do the resorts, I'd probably go moderate with FD, but again, only you know what works best for your family. Good Luck!

Well that's a completely different dilemma :upsidedow.

We used to be a huge proponent of the dining plan as it always made sense for us especially when my girls were younger. Back then, we always went in the fall, were constantly at the parks and ate like the dining plan was designed so it was great. Fast forward...my girls are now college age, we go in August and spend way more time at the resorts because of the heat, got AP's and tried TIW a few years back and well, staying deluxe and using TIW is a much better option for us now. Best advice I can offer is to really sit down, do the math and if you spend more time at the parks then you do the resorts, I'd probably go moderate with FD, but again, only you know what works best for your family. Good Luck!

I completely agree. We did the dining plan for many years, but for us, we prefer to pay OOP and most of the time use TIW. We spend a ton of time at the resort and like to stay CL, and enjoy the perks of that. So for us, we'd take a deal on a deluxe over a dining plan any day.

I completely agree. We did the dining plan for many years, but for us, we prefer to pay OOP and most of the time use TIW. We spend a ton of time at the resort and like to stay CL, and enjoy the perks of that. So for us, we'd take a deal on a deluxe over a dining plan any day.

I think we're going to stick w/ moderate and free dining. We've done Poly CL twice, but have never tried the dining plan (or stayed at Port Orleans). And I think my wife is looking forward to choosing whatever she wants on the menu, without worrying about prices. of course, I reserve the right to change my mind a few more times between now and August.

I just looked at the travel agent's website and they aren't listing anything for late August / early September yet. Are the rest of you getting 50+% discounts at the deluxe properties? I hoping for a 55% discount at the Poly in late August.

50% off at the Deluxe properties? Please tell me how to do this! :)

Just booked 14 days CL at the AKL, can't wait :yay:

(350$/night with the U.K. deal, Savannah view)

Likelihood of discounts? Planning a trip with sister, my 3 kiddos and her granddaughter. Dh says go (we've been every year the last 5 years)... But i am feeling gulity spending so much on vacation without him...early planning stages now.

Thinking value resort and quick service dining if discounted or free. Most likely traveling 3rd week or before. I teach so go back at end of August.

Struggling to book now and see what shakes out or wait.

Not as good as free dining, but Sweet Surprise offer is out, good for arrivals through 8/24, which gives 1 free QS meal/day for value resorts, so might want to look into that.

50% off at the Deluxe properties? Please tell me how to do this! :)

I would love to know also!! Just started looking at this August as a possibility.

Same here! We are going in August, and would love to book one of the Deluxes in the Epcot area.

Last edited:
I think we're going to stick w/ moderate and free dining. We've done Poly CL twice, but have never tried the dining plan (or stayed at Port Orleans). And I think my wife is looking forward to choosing whatever she wants on the menu, without worrying about prices. of course, I reserve the right to change my mind a few more times between now and August.
I do both. Two weeks of free dining and four days at the Poly. :)

Is the free dining something you add to an existing reservation or you book a new one once it is announced?

Is the free dining something you add to an existing reservation or you book a new one once it is announced?

You can modify your reservation if free dining is announced. You may need to switch resorts/room categories, however, to take advantage of the promo as not all resorts and room categories will be available.

We had the same dilemma. We stayed at YC last August under the deal, but booked the free dining bounceback for next year at CSR. We have never done the dining plan, so figured we would do it and go to some of the more expensive single credit restaurants we hadn't been to such as Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, and Cape May.

Joining this thread as we are planning a 8/1-8/9 trip! I'm debating whether or not to buy tickets now (or soon) ahead of the increase, or wait to see if there are any ticket deals. I also haven't decided where we will stay yet, as I want to see what type of room discounts will be released. I'm assuming it will be the same as last year with 20-30% off rate. Looking forward to the planning!

Joining this thread as we are planning a 8/1-8/9 trip! I'm debating whether or not to buy tickets now (or soon) ahead of the increase, or wait to see if there are any ticket deals. I also haven't decided where we will stay yet, as I want to see what type of room discounts will be released. I'm assuming it will be the same as last year with 20-30% off rate. Looking forward to the planning!

We are planning on 7/29 - 8/5. We usually have something booked by now, but are a little more behind than normal. I can't see if there are usually discounts during this time frame. Does anyone know? We usually go in June or July. It's been many years since we visited in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter