August 2016 - Lets Plan Together Starting Now!!!

I'm so excited... I booked a magical deal August 9-15 at the Grand Floridian for dd13 and myself.. our first onsite stay!!
86 days to go :D paid in full!

We get to do online booking on 6/23 for our Aug. trip at GF, not sure what to ask for because this is our first stay at GF. I have been looking at room views from TP site really helpful. We are also doing a dessert part while we are there and a tour at MK, Marceline to Magic, we did Keys to the Kingdom tour in April and loved it! We are getting excited for the end of summer trip, however we live in northern Minnesota so I do not want to wish our summer away even for Disney LOL!

We are staying at OKW from Aug 27th to Sep 3rd. First time staying at a Disney World Resort. Last year we stayed on property but at Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort. This will be at least our 7th trip to WDW. The main factor in convincing me to go through the effort of staying at a Disney Resort is that we have stayed twice at Disney Hilton Head Resort and it is great. I used my RCI points to exchange with DVC for the stay, so maybe I will pretend (in my own head only) that I am a DVC member and feel all special. :tongue: But seriously we are looking forward to this trip. I love riding those boats for some reason. Just fun to me. Can't wait to see the Disney Springs renovations and we are thinking seriously about going to Mickey's Halloween Party at MK. My wife is getting really excited as am I and my Mom even agreed to go. This should be an interesting trip.

We get to do online booking on 6/23 for our Aug. trip at GF, not sure what to ask for because this is our first stay at GF. I have been looking at room views from TP site really helpful. We are also doing a dessert part while we are there and a tour at MK, Marceline to Magic, we did Keys to the Kingdom tour in April and loved it! We are getting excited for the end of summer trip, however we live in northern Minnesota so I do not want to wish our summer away even for Disney LOL!

I know exactly what you mean I don't want to wish my whole summer away either.

checking in as an August 2016 trip taker. We will be at AKL from August 2nd-8th. Booked the summer deal that gave us 6 days with PH and %30 off deluxe resort. last year we stayed at AoA. Nice, but so big (oldest daughter picked the little mermaid room), which took forever to get to the main lobby and buses. Rooms were a tad on the small side as well. It was our first ever disney trip. Kind of got the bug which is why we are going back this year. I am trying to do all i can for my daughters to get "all of the magic". We are waiting until morning of our flight to tell them. I also made a movie with pictures and videos of our last trip set to the wishes soundtrack to play on the big screen in the living room when we wake them up.

I also bought some personalized towels from disney store that i want to strategically place in the room before the little ones see. So it looks like Mickey set it up just for them (their names are on the towels). I am trying to see how to go about getting them into the room before we get there if any one has a suggestion. Worst case i sneak off and put them in the room before we all go in.

August 16-25 at BWV! Everything is booked. Just need to pack and board and our flight.

We will be at AoA Cars suite on 16th for two weeks. I am soooo excited. Taking my husband and our 2 boys who are 6 and 2. It will be their first time. They have no idea how amazing it will be. My husband thinks I am crazy. Lol

checking in as an August 2016 trip taker. We will be at AKL from August 2nd-8th.

checking in the same day ::highfive:: but not till very late. Jambo House DVC.

We are only staying until the 6th then moving over to Bay Lake tower till the 14th.

Its our 1st AKL stay and our 4th BLT stay.

checking in the same day ::highfive:: but not till very late. Jambo House DVC.

We are only staying until the 6th then moving over to Bay Lake tower till the 14th.

Its our 1st AKL stay and our 4th BLT stay.

that is cool. our flight arrives around lunch. we plan on heading over to DS and eating at Morimoto for dinner. If you hear someone with a thick Texas drawl call his daughter Aikman (thats her name). That will be us.

that is cool. our flight arrives around lunch. we plan on heading over to DS and eating at Morimoto for dinner. If you hear someone with a thick Texas drawl call his daughter Aikman (thats her name). That will be us.

As a Giants Fan from NY we may have to stay at opposite ends of the resort lol....but don't worry, none of my kids are named Eli.

How much spending money would you recommend. First time going where we are using the dining plan (the regular dining plan) ... it'll be for myself and hubby and 2 year old so she'll share with us for the most part. Trying to figure out how much to put aside for extra snacks/ spending money. I hate the unknowns lol

How much spending money would you recommend. First time going where we are using the dining plan (the regular dining plan) ... it'll be for myself and hubby and 2 year old so she'll share with us for the most part. Trying to figure out how much to put aside for extra snacks/ spending money. I hate the unknowns lol
dont forget the tips as well. with the dining plan you still have to tip at most places, and they can add up. we have the DDP and are putting aside $300 for tips to cover our stay from Aug 2-9

We will be at the Poly August15-21 on a magical deal. First time staying there and so excited!! We will also have some first timers with us, so hoping we picked the right resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter