At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

Your first MK day looks good to me, although I have to say those TP plans always make my head spin lol! And I know they're meant to do teh opposite. As for Peter Pan, every time my boys have met him in the past it's been such a cute meet, I think both your boys will enjoy it once they do it whether they want to before hand or not :)

I had planned to let the boys play while I had a beverage from the Trout Pass Pool Bar and I thought that sounded fairly restful
Sounds very restful to me!

If it's not enough drying time, I guess I can hang the clothes around the room??? LOL.
This is what I do! It seems the dryers are either super hot and shrink stuff or don't dry fast enough, so I've hung things in the room to get us out to the parks faster.

Okay, so I really want to hit up Swiss Family Treehouse at night because I have heard the view from the top with all the MK lights is beautiful!
I've only been up there during the day and the views are lovely then; never thought about going up at night but you're right, I'll bet MK looks spectacular up there at night :cloud9:

Your first MK day looks good to me, although I have to say those TP plans always make my head spin lol! And I know they're meant to do teh opposite. As for Peter Pan, every time my boys have met him in the past it's been such a cute meet, I think both your boys will enjoy it once they do it whether they want to before hand or not :)
I hope it all works out time-wise bc I'm looking forward to the meet!

Sounds very restful to me!
See, I knew it wasn't just me!

This is what I do! It seems the dryers are either super hot and shrink stuff or don't dry fast enough, so I've hung things in the room to get us out to the parks faster.
Good to know!

I've only been up there during the day and the views are lovely then; never thought about going up at night but you're right, I'll bet MK looks spectacular up there at night :cloud9:
I had never thought about it until I read about it on the Dis!

Thanks for the reply!

Odds and Ends Part 2

As far as bottoms, I have 4 pairs of skorts that I wore last year but because doing laundry won't be as easy this year, I may need to see if they have any more I may want to order. I'll keep you up to date on that.

Sorry if it has been covered in a previous post, but what brand skort do you like for Disney? I had gotten some great ones at Costco... I need to look for some new ones before our trip this year.

Sorry if it has been covered in a previous post, but what brand skort do you like for Disney? I had gotten some great ones at Costco... I need to look for some new ones before our trip this year.
The ones I have are from Academy. They seem to be just a bit longer than your average tennis skort and I like that. Here's a screenshot:
IMG_0501.PNG
Here's the link: http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bcg-womens-club-sports-lasercut-tennis-skirt#repChildCatid=3350187

Here's the disappointing thing. Last year they had 5 colors; pink, blue, black, white, orange. I have all but orange. This year it looks like they only have black. I wanted to buy more bc we won't have a washer/dryer in the villa like last year. I'm hopeful that maybe they will get more colors as the weather gets warmer.

Btw, tell me about the Costco ones. How do they compare?

Btw, tell me about the Costco ones. How do they compare?

I really like the Costco ones. They are made of a quick-dry woven fabric, but are a little dressier, rather than sporty. I loved the lighter weight in the heat of Florida, as I have to admit that while I'll put up with the heat and humidity for Disney, I much prefer cooler temps. I am not very tall (5' even) and on me, they are fully knee-length. The ones I had were the Avia brand.

I really like the Costco ones. They are made of a quick-dry woven fabric, but are a little dressier, rather than sporty. I loved the lighter weight in the heat of Florida, as I have to admit that while I'll put up with the heat and humidity for Disney, I much prefer cooler temps. I am not very tall (5' even) and on me, they are fully knee-length. The ones I had were the Avia brand.
Thanks! I'll look those up!

Thanks! I'll look those up!
I'm going to look those up too! I love the ones from Academy but I'm always on the lookout for a good skort :thumbsup2

Sorry ladies, I have never tried to buy them online. They have had them in-store the past three springs here in Canada.

Hey there! :wave2: So glad to catch up on your pre-trip report. I had actually been reading it a while back I think when you started it and were still finishing up your June trip report. But I realized I never chimed in! It's been super busy around here, as fall leading up to the holidays always is, but now that we've hit January I have more time to read up on the DIS. :cool1:

I'm so excited you all got Wilderness Lodge!!! I know you will love it! We stayed there twice, but once my youngest turned 3, we were officially a family of 5 and can't fit in a regular room any more. Boo hoo. BUT, we are going to plan a trip next summer in 2018 with my parents, so we could possibly stay at WL if I book our rooms together and put one of my kids in with my parents.

I didn't look closely at your first set of touring plans, I'll have to do that another time. I love making those plans! I bet you know what will work and what is reasonable now that you have last year's trip under your belt. And I found that it got easier every trip as the kids got older and older b/c they could handle things better, last longer, do more, and they just enjoyed it more and more.

Even though I'm not planning a WDW trip right now, I'm excited to say that we're going back to Disneyland in June!!! We went in June of 2015 and had a really wonderful time, so I'm thrilled to be going back. :D

Happy planning!!

Hey there! :wave2: So glad to catch up on your pre-trip report. I had actually been reading it a while back I think when you started it and were still finishing up your June trip report. But I realized I never chimed in! It's been super busy around here, as fall leading up to the holidays always is, but now that we've hit January I have more time to read up on the DIS. :cool1:

I'm so excited you all got Wilderness Lodge!!! I know you will love it! We stayed there twice, but once my youngest turned 3, we were officially a family of 5 and can't fit in a regular room any more. Boo hoo. BUT, we are going to plan a trip next summer in 2018 with my parents, so we could possibly stay at WL if I book our rooms together and put one of my kids in with my parents.

I didn't look closely at your first set of touring plans, I'll have to do that another time. I love making those plans! I bet you know what will work and what is reasonable now that you have last year's trip under your belt. And I found that it got easier every trip as the kids got older and older b/c they could handle things better, last longer, do more, and they just enjoyed it more and more.

Even though I'm not planning a WDW trip right now, I'm excited to say that we're going back to Disneyland in June!!! We went in June of 2015 and had a really wonderful time, so I'm thrilled to be going back. :D

Happy planning!!
Thank you so much for chiming in! You know you can do WL if you stay in the villas? They have the pull down bed now. Just fyi. Otherwise your plan with parents sounds like it might work!

Yeh, the touring plans are really wonderful to help me have a good idea of our day and when to book FP but it's mostly just fun to pass the time.

Yay on Disneyland! Please let me know if you write a TR. I am a little obsessed with working out a way to get us to DLR in the next few years. I have to get Will to Carsland somehow!!!

No problem! Thanks for the info!

Just wanted to let you know that I bought my skorts for this year in-store today. They are not the same brand as last year, but they did have them. Online, check for Tuff brand. This year instead of a buttoned waistband there is a stretch waistband, but the body of the skirt is still woven fabric.

Just wanted to let you know that I bought my skorts for this year in-store today. They are not the same brand as last year, but they did have them. Online, check for Tuff brand. This year instead of a buttoned waistband there is a stretch waistband, but the body of the skirt is still woven fabric.
Thank you so much! I will look for those!

@ariane37

Thank you so much for chiming in! You know you can do WL if you stay in the villas? They have the pull down bed now. Just fyi. Otherwise your plan with parents sounds like it might work!

Yeh, the touring plans are really wonderful to help me have a good idea of our day and when to book FP but it's mostly just fun to pass the time.

Yay on Disneyland! Please let me know if you write a TR. I am a little obsessed with working out a way to get us to DLR in the next few years. I have to get Will to Carsland somehow!!!

Yeah, I know about the villas, but I think they're more expensive than a regular room....or maybe I just assumed that? We'll look into it for next year's trip, and I'll be excited to read about your experience staying there since 2012 was the last time we stayed there.

Oh gosh, I don't know if I have the stamina and dedication to write a trip report, but I'll think about it. At the very least I can report back to you anything you'd like to know. Carsland is really, really awesome. As expected we loved that area of the park. My family actually slightly preferred DCA over DL b/c of the great theming not only in Carsland, but also a bug's land, and Paradise Pier. I think your boys would love all that!!

Yeah, I know about the villas, but I think they're more expensive than a regular room....or maybe I just assumed that? We'll look into it for next year's trip, and I'll be excited to read about your experience staying there since 2012 was the last time we stayed there.

Oh gosh, I don't know if I have the stamina and dedication to write a trip report, but I'll think about it. At the very least I can report back to you anything you'd like to know. Carsland is really, really awesome. As expected we loved that area of the park. My family actually slightly preferred DCA over DL b/c of the great theming not only in Carsland, but also a bug's land, and Paradise Pier. I think your boys would love all that!!
I do think the villas are more expensive but we rented points which means it is cheaper for us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter