Asian food (rice, miso soup) available on Dream?

Oktoberfest

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Just want to confirm if any Asian food will be available on the ship such as steamed rice and at least miso-soup.

I saw some pictures of miso soup on the ship, but haven't been able to confirm the availability of steamed white rice.

My son usually wants to have it once a day. (He's not big into the usual burger, bacon, etc. - good and bad!)

We will be cruising for the first time soon and want to check.

Thanks!

Hello, Just want to confirm if any Asian food will be available on the ship such as steamed rice and at least miso-soup. I saw some pictures of miso soup on the ship, but haven't been able to confirm the availability of steamed white rice. My son usually wants to have it once a day. (He's not big into the usual burger, bacon, etc. - good and bad!) We will be cruising for the first time soon and want to check. Thanks!
Steamed rice is offered on the lighter fare in MDR I had it one night with chicken.

Yes, you can have white rice. My husband orders Indian food every night (he Indian) and rice typically comes with it. Usually it's not real Asian-style rice (like sticky rice or Basmati or Jasmine), but it's white and it's rice ;)

Yes, you can have white rice. My husband orders Indian food every night (he Indian) and rice typically comes with it. Usually it's not real Asian-style rice (like sticky rice or Basmati or Jasmine), but it's white and it's rice ;)

How does he do this? Just ask the head server? Do they do it even on nights like Animator's Palette, when the menu is set and rigid?

I bet you can bring those store bought, individual, prepackaged, dehydrated miso soup on board. Then all you would need to do is add hot water. Just use a coffee cup as a bowl.:)

Disney is so accommodating that I think you could ask for Asian food and they would make it for you. :thumbsup2

Disney is so accommodating that I think you could ask for Asian food and they would make it for you. :thumbsup2

We've asked before and they will make Indian food for dinner IF you ask the day before. Talk to your head server. You could ask about other Asian cuisines, but we've never seen them. And my husband would have noticed ;). Doesn't hurt to try, though.

My son had miso soup every morning on the Dream. He loved that he could do that. They also had rice breakfast porridge, congee, too.

But no century eggs... thank God!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter