As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

After reading other threads, I'm actually thinking of changing it back to PORFQ. I took the PORFQ slider off my ticker and replaced it with Mickey Santa - at least I won't have to keep changing that!

Today went from AoA in a LM, to CBR in a Pirate room, now we are celebrating my birthday at Pop! I dont think any better discounts will be coming out....

Thought this thread might be active with the discounts! Yay @Mousemommy1!!! So exciting!

We finally settled on a plan last week when the Visa discounts popped up! So it's 1 night Movies (no discount, but a bucket list resort for our youngest) then 3 nights Sports, and then 5 nights BWI CL when our older boys arrive. The price of BWI CL is just plain silly, even with the discount. For marathon weekend, it's a full $250 more per night than in February of 2014 with discount. So I've taken all 9 nights and averaged them out to feel like it's a better value.

Funny thing is that when I told our youngest about All Star Sports, he was thrilled! He's a funny guy - loves deluxe CL and value - but not much in between. For his birthday a couple years ago, I asked which resort and he said either club level in the big building at GF or All Star Movies. :) We ended up with GF RPC, but we're circling back now for that night at Movies. So happy with this new plan.

Well now we added MIL and moved back to AoA. But discounts for All Star Movies have released and we could request connecting rooms?.....

Well I had the Contemporary booked for our Thanksgiving trip but I just couldn't do it. I switched over to Yacht Club. We have been there two times before and it one of our favorite resorts. For the Contemporary, I liked the advantage of being close to MK and on the monorail but the theme of the resort did not appeal to me as much. I feel much better now that we have switched to YC :)

Well I had the Contemporary booked for our Thanksgiving trip but I just couldn't do it. I switched over to Yacht Club. We have been there two times before and it one of our favorite resorts. For the Contemporary, I liked the advantage of being close to MK and on the monorail but the theme of the resort did not appeal to me as much. I feel much better now that we have switched to YC :)
A Thanksgiving trip! Cool!

I have never stayed at CR for the same reason you mentioned. The theme doesnt appeal to me either. We may just get a dinner reservation to visit it and see it. We stayed at the BC this past June and love the resort and the area there.

We have not made reservations yet for our trip we are planning for either next July or August. We are waiting on a good discount. Anyway I usually pick the resort and have changed my mind on which one we should book over and over. My picks are AKL and the Poly(both are to expensive right now), also debating POFQ and CBR if we cant get a good discount for the deluxes. I know my favorite deluxe of the 2 is the Poly but for the moderates I have no idea because we have not stayed at either.

I have never stayed at CBR but have stayed at POFQ. I like to compactness of POFQ. The theming is beautiful. The pool area is very nice and I like that you can walk over to Riverside and use that pool too. The boat to Disney Springs is really convenient not to mention a nice boat ride. If only it had a balcony- lol!

Wow! This thread is sure quiet. Not like it was in the "old" days. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to anyone who happens to be around.

:wave2: Gee, we haven't even needed a nrw thread since July, 2014!

Well, i have the Poly booked for Oct 22, 5 ngts....and Sophia (the non-Disney Sophia) wants to move to Florida to be "closer to family and DISNEY"!!! She doesn't want to be more than an hour away.:drive: :flower1: Too bad the last place I want to live is Florida. :)

Well, i have the Poly booked for Oct 22, 5 ngts....and Sophia (the non-Disney Sophia) wants to move to Florida to be "closer to family and DISNEY"!!! She doesn't want to be more than an hour away.:drive: :flower1: Too bad the last place I want to live is Florida. :)

Wait .... I thought you wanted to move to Florida! Poly for Oct of this year???? That will be such a wonderful trip! Anymore details????

Oh let's see my journey with this August stay...

It started as one night before a cruise on the Fantasy... That went CBR -> AKL Value Studio -> BC Value Studio -> AKL Value Studio -> AKL Standard Studio -> AKL Standard Room -> AKL Value Studio

THEN the cruise got dropped and it went to 8 nights at WDW... AKL Value Studio -> AKL Standard Room -> AKL Value Studio -> CBR King Room -> Poly Standard Room -> CBR King Room where I stayed for quite a while (translation: more than 2 days) and then -> AoA LM room -> CBR King Room and then learned there may be construction including building removal starting as permits have been filed and decided not to take the chance that it is going on when I'm there (given the availability at the resort for 8/18-26 which is VERY limited I'm guessing it might be starting already by then) so -> AoA LM room -> POFQ Standard -> AoA LM room -> POFQ Standard -> AoA LM room where I am now booked (WITH a request on file for 4th floor lake view) and plan to stay.

I kind of feel like I need to go in and "look at changes" every few days so my reservation doesn't think something is wrong with me! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wow! This thread is sure quiet. Not like it was in the "old" days. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to anyone who happens to be around.
Hi Linda! Nothing much to report since last Aug trip! Going to DL this August hopefully. Dates not firm yet.

Wait .... I thought you wanted to move to Florida! Poly for Oct of this year???? That will be such a wonderful trip! Anymore details????

I never really wanted to move to Florida...too many snakes and bugs...but would have gone with the family. Mia wanted to live near her closest friend who has two munchkins close to Sophia's age.

Yep, Poly for this year! Celebrating my 70th!!!! The week of Oct 22nd Sophia only has three days of school, and no school the previous Friday...alao end of term so it will be fine for her to miss 3 days. Her teacher next year is wonderful and said not to worry - those 3 days are only review.

How about you? What plans are in the works?!?!

Oh let's see my journey with this August stay...

It started as one night before a cruise on the Fantasy... That went CBR -> AKL Value Studio -> BC Value Studio -> AKL Value Studio -> AKL Standard Studio -> AKL Standard Room -> AKL Value Studio

THEN the cruise got dropped and it went to 8 nights at WDW... AKL Value Studio -> AKL Standard Room -> AKL Value Studio -> CBR King Room -> Poly Standard Room -> CBR King Room where I stayed for quite a while (translation: more than 2 days) and then -> AoA LM room -> CBR King Room and then learned there may be construction including building removal starting as permits have been filed and decided not to take the chance that it is going on when I'm there (given the availability at the resort for 8/18-26 which is VERY limited I'm guessing it might be starting already by then) so -> AoA LM room -> POFQ Standard -> AoA LM room -> POFQ Standard -> AoA LM room where I am now booked (WITH a request on file for 4th floor lake view) and plan to stay.

I kind of feel like I need to go in and "look at changes" every few days so my reservation doesn't think something is wrong with me! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I'm so proud! Those are some serious changes!!!

Hi Linda! Nothing much to report since last Aug trip! Going to DL this August hopefully. Dates not firm yet.

I never really wanted to move to Florida...too many snakes and bugs...but would have gone with the family. Mia wanted to live near her closest friend who has two munchkins close to Sophia's age.

Yep, Poly for this year! Celebrating my 70th!!!! The week of Oct 22nd Sophia only has three days of school, and no school the previous Friday...alao end of term so it will be fine for her to miss 3 days. Her teacher next year is wonderful and said not to worry - those 3 days are only review.

How about you? What plans are in the works?!?!

:grouphug: Great to see everyone here....I have an upcoming Poly visit that has NOT changed. Other than that it's Universal/Beach this summer. Christine! Poly? 70th?? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

Pas, this summer it's Beach in Ft Lauderdale then DL! Something different. But going to WDW next Nov/Dec to see Christmas decorations. 2 firsts for us this year!

Yay for Canadian ticket discount! Got our DL tix, now have to buy the WDW tickets before offer exp end of Feb. 25% off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!