As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Hmmm... I don't think I ever posted here before.
So, for our post-Thanksgiving trip, I originally booked POR gv, then switched to POR rr gv with the holiday discount, then yesterday, when the AP rates I was waiting for were so disappointing, I switched to AKL standard view on the holiday discount, but I'm still looking. We wanted to stay closer to MK but the lack of discounts and availability in that area just didn't work in our favor. We've stayed at POR 4x already, I love it, and I think it's beautiful, but we have never stayed at AKL and are really looking forward to it, even though it's around $55 more per night. I really wrestled between POR rr and AKL, and last night thought of switching it back to POR, but in the end, we decided it would be a great time of year to stay at AKL. However, if an MK resort pops up with a decent discount, (which I highly doubt), then I will switch again. For now, I am just feeling like AKL might be thee one and am very excited to stay there, but who can ever really know for sure if that's where we'll end up. ;)

Guess who's alive and well LOL! I forgot all about this!! I just booked a super last minute surprise for his bday tomorrow, and needed to find the email to IPO! Atrium Club Bay Lake View! I can't believe it! :yay: I could not figure out a gift to save my life.... so this is it! YAY!

Also.... :bday: To my favorite serial changer!

I knew it was going to happen! I was "just browsing" :rolleyes1 the other day and happened to say "hypothetically" to my DH and DD8, what would you guys think about changing our POR royal room to Wilderness Lodge in December? It took them both about half a second to shout yes!!

I've always wanted to stay at WL and see the Christmas decorations so I'm super excited!! Had to let go of my pin code to upgrade, but oh well!:cloud9:

::yes:: I did the very same thing. Not that there's anything wrong with a POR Royal room but WL in December! There's no contest! :dance3:

::yes:: I did the very same thing. Not that there's anything wrong with a POR Royal room but WL in December! There's no contest! :dance3:

Completely agree! I know I'll get to stay at POR someday but I'm soooooo excited about WL at Christmas. I was hoping for an AP discount to apply to my existing res. But nothing available >:( I keep "looking" at the other Resorts that have availability at that time and for a split second I think maybe I should switch for the lower rate but then I catch myself... " are you crazy!?" It's WL at Christmas! :goodvibes

Guess who's alive and well LOL! I forgot all about this!! I just booked a super last minute surprise for his bday tomorrow, and needed to find the email to IPO! Atrium Club Bay Lake View! I can't believe it! :yay: I could not figure out a gift to save my life.... so this is it! YAY!

Also.... :bday: To my favorite serial changer!
:hug: Thank you!!! So excited for you btw!

Ha! I am not picky as long as it's a moderate or deluxe but then again I haven't been since I was 7. I know I'll be on here starting after we get back second guessing about our bounce back lol. December at WL, CSR or Contemporary???

Same here. My dh knows there's a possibility of thinking, changing, thinking.
He's told me to just let him know where we'll be on the way to the resort. :laughing:

Mine does the same, but he knows it's more of a probability that I'll change. We've been planning our upcoming trip for over a year and he didn't even want to talk about it until about 3 months ago because he knows it will change about 4 times in the process!

Hello RCers! I decided I needed to find all of you in anticipation of what may be a long line of Marathon Weekend resort changes! Our party will start small on New Years Eve and grow as the week progresses. Primary goals = inexpensive for the holiday weekend, better but not crazy expensive for the middle nights and settle in to an Epcot area CL room for marathon weekend. I'm running four mornings in a row, so I'd like to rely on the CL lounge to feed my family breakfasts. :)

Right now, we're booked rack rate 4 nights Movies and 5 nights standard at BWI. That will change, but it all depends on discounts. So I'm tossing around different ideas while I wait for the discounts, hoping to be ready with a quick decision when they pop up.

So it's 2 nights Movies, then . . .

2 nights WL, 5 nights BWI CL
2 nights BC/YC/BWI, 5 nights BWI CL
7 nights BWI CL (to feel like this was a good value, the discount would need to be substantial)

Pros and cons? We've stayed at all of these resorts in the past so we're familiar with them and we've done split stays of up to four resorts, just thinking through logistics.

Hello RCers! I decided I needed to find all of you in anticipation of what may be a long line of Marathon Weekend resort changes! Our party will start small on New Years Eve and grow as the week progresses. Primary goals = inexpensive for the holiday weekend, better but not crazy expensive for the middle nights and settle in to an Epcot area CL room for marathon weekend. I'm running four mornings in a row, so I'd like to rely on the CL lounge to feed my family breakfasts. :)

Right now, we're booked rack rate 4 nights Movies and 5 nights standard at BWI. That will change, but it all depends on discounts. So I'm tossing around different ideas while I wait for the discounts, hoping to be ready with a quick decision when they pop up.

So it's 2 nights Movies, then . . .

2 nights WL, 5 nights BWI CL
2 nights BC/YC/BWI, 5 nights BWI CL
7 nights BWI CL (to feel like this was a good value, the discount would need to be substantial)

Pros and cons? We've stayed at all of these resorts in the past so we're familiar with them and we've done split stays of up to four resorts, just thinking through logistics.
My vote is to stay on the Epcot side so BC/YC/BWI then Innkeeper's Club

Rationale: WL construction
You love BC/YC
7 nights at BWI CL as awesome as it is...after 4 nights the offerings get "tired" (JMHO of course)
Now if a decent discount comes out....maybe Poly/BWI CL split so you have the best of both worlds (although you know I love GF....)

Happy planning! Nice to "see" you. Those BWI CL peeps were so amazing with my kids.....LOVE!!!

Hmm . . . I like the idea of throwing Poly into the mix! We stayed at WL during construction earlier this year (Poly/WL split stay) and the kids didn't seem to mind, but I'll admit that having half the lobby walled off and a view of both lake and construction was just not great. :(

I agree about CL getting old after a few nights!

Wish there were at least rumors of the discounts - so quiet!

New here, but since I have changed my ticker a few times, I thought I would post my frustrations here.

We had POP-preferred booked for 4 nights over Thanksgiving. (Nov 22-26.) But, since we just stayed there over Labor Day, we thought we would change things up and switch to PORFQ-garden. So, I made the change on-line along with the ticker change.

But, someone posted over on the PORFQ info thread, that they received a notice in the mail that the food court would still be under construction for Thanksgiving. I have not received any notice, but I called the resort and they do not have a completion date.

I don't want to stay there with the temporary food court situation. So last night I switched it back to POP and saved $313.00. Another ticker change! And, I would change it back again if I knew the food court would be completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter