As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I think I might belong here...
I actually haven't been to WDW since 2010, but am currently planning a trip for November of this year (finally!!)
As usual, I'm not entirely happy with my resort and thinking about changing. But I can't decide what to do... I currently am booked at POR with a UOC, although I really don't feel like it's that great of a deal.
Thinking about switching to POFQ with the code, which would save me ~$80 OR switching to BWI with the code, which would be ~$400 more. But it's somewhere I've really wanted to stay...
OR CSR Business Class for about $250 more. This one is rack rate, so I could always cross my fingers that a promo code for November would come out and those rooms would be included. ;)
Ugh...I always do this...I don't think I've ever stayed in the first hotel that I book and then I'm always second guessing my choice!!
WELCOME and yes you belong here! I usually end up at the first place I book after MANY MANY changes...my DH pointed that out. I would stay at POFQ and save some money, smaller resort (I am not a moderate fan, I'd rather do a value...) CSR BC gets decent reviews plus you have continental breakfast, a preferred location, and sangria at night. However, BWI is the best! Walking to Epcot, and the overall quiet feel of the resort, there is truly nothing like it. Overall, you have three awesome choices!

How is everyone doing??? Just checking in - it's been awhile I think!!!

I am not so patiently waiting to be able to book our 2017 trip. Looking at 10 nights Poly CL!!!! :cloud9:

But, I am keeping every body part crossed for the "magical" deal to come forward so I can book, hoping by end of August or so...:hourglass
Those deals should be bookable by the end of September. I looked up last year, and mine was booked September 23rd 2015, but we had the info/rates by the end of August. I am at 30 days!!!! I just changed my flights to 9pm on 7/27 instead of 6am on 7/28, it'll be our first MCO Hyatt stay. I just didn't want to wake up at 330am...however I honestly don't care it's the littles....so technically I am at 29 days.....

WELCOME and yes you belong here! I usually end up at the first place I book after MANY MANY changes...my DH pointed that out. I would stay at POFQ and save some money, smaller resort (I am not a moderate fan, I'd rather do a value...) CSR BC gets decent reviews plus you have continental breakfast, a preferred location, and sangria at night. However, BWI is the best! Walking to Epcot, and the overall quiet feel of the resort, there is truly nothing like it. Overall, you have three awesome choices!

Those deals should be bookable by the end of September. I looked up last year, and mine was booked September 23rd 2015, but we had the info/rates by the end of August. I am at 30 days!!!! I just changed my flights to 9pm on 7/27 instead of 6am on 7/28, it'll be our first MCO Hyatt stay. I just didn't want to wake up at 330am...however I honestly don't care it's the littles....so technically I am at 29 days.....

I'd be curious to see how you like the MCO Hyatt! I've heard good things about it. :)

I just want to book already. I hate not having a trip booked!!!

I'd be curious to see how you like the MCO Hyatt! I've heard good things about it. :)

I just want to book already. I hate not having a trip booked!!!
Me too, all good things! I really wanted to book a WDW resort, but availability and price are making it restrictive. Especially since we are arriving at midnight and I am going to want to hit BWI first thing!

I knew it was going to happen! I was "just browsing" :rolleyes1 the other day and happened to say "hypothetically" to my DH and DD8, what would you guys think about changing our POR royal room to Wilderness Lodge in December? It took them both about half a second to shout yes!!

I've always wanted to stay at WL and see the Christmas decorations so I'm super excited!! Had to let go of my pin code to upgrade, but oh well!:cloud9:

I just booked my trip less than 48 hours ago and I'm already itchin' to change to POFQ. I loved that resort so very much during my January trip. It's about $200 more than ASMo, which isn't too bad! I was really hoping to keep this trip on the cheaper side, but POFQ is my second favorite resort next to WL! :lovestruc Plus my mother might be coming along and I want to treat her to this gorgeous resort! It's such a hard decision!

I ended up switching to POFQ :) By the time I tried to book BWI, there wasn't availability left with my code. I'm happy with the choice...but I'm still holding out for a great special to come out that will let me switch to a deluxe or make CSR BC the same cost (breakfast and sangria!)
DH is so over me giving him options! He said "do whatever you want...I'll be surprised when we get there!" :P

I knew it was going to happen! I was "just browsing" :rolleyes1 the other day and happened to say "hypothetically" to my DH and DD8, what would you guys think about changing our POR royal room to Wilderness Lodge in December? It took them both about half a second to shout yes!!

I've always wanted to stay at WL and see the Christmas decorations so I'm super excited!! Had to let go of my pin code to upgrade, but oh well!:cloud9:
WL is so pretty in December!!

I just booked my trip less than 48 hours ago and I'm already itchin' to change to POFQ. I loved that resort so very much during my January trip. It's about $200 more than ASMo, which isn't too bad! I was really hoping to keep this trip on the cheaper side, but POFQ is my second favorite resort next to WL! :lovestruc Plus my mother might be coming along and I want to treat her to this gorgeous resort! It's such a hard decision!
Congrats! And I hope your mom can come!!!! :hug:

I ended up switching to POFQ :) By the time I tried to book BWI, there wasn't availability left with my code. I'm happy with the choice...but I'm still holding out for a great special to come out that will let me switch to a deluxe or make CSR BC the same cost (breakfast and sangria!)
DH is so over me giving him options! He said "do whatever you want...I'll be surprised when we get there!" :P
CSR BC is definitely a nice alternative to a deluxe IMO. Shame that everyone is figuring out how awesome BWI is and booking it like mad ;) My DH definitely never knows where we are until we check in...

Of course, now that school is out, I have time on my hands to search, browse, switch...etc. :rolleyes1 And.....so.... I ...switched our room only at ASMu for our arrival night to an additional night at AKL so we will be checking in and staying put. :yay: Just made sense since we wanted an additional DDP day anyway due to a very late flight. If you know my history, you know that my most famous switch was AFTER checkin.....:faint: hence the generic ticker....:goodvibes. I think I'm okay, however, if Poly becomes an option, no matter when, I think I'm obligated to go for it.... Anniversary trip, original honeymoon was in Hawaii, you know, OBLIGATED to go for it....:goodvibes

I am dying after skimming these posts and feel like I might fit in well here! We are booked for AKL 12.16-12.22 with a 2yo daughter and 5yo son...I'm worried about transportation to comeback and nap/rest in the afternoons. Soooo, I'm thinking about changing to Grand Floridian! We stayed there for 2 out of our 3 trips when I was young and it has nostalgia for me...Annnd it's on the monorail. I've also heard it is beautiful at Christmas time! Although I'm sure AKL is also. The thing is this trip is mostly about my son (it's for his birthday) and I know that he is at the perfect age to truly enjoy WDW and all its magic. He would love AKL...but GF would be more convenient! Oh and we have the free DDP...are all free DDPs gone by now?

Of course, now that school is out, I have time on my hands to search, browse, switch...etc. :rolleyes1 And.....so.... I ...switched our room only at ASMu for our arrival night to an additional night at AKL so we will be checking in and staying put. :yay: Just made sense since we wanted an additional DDP day anyway due to a very late flight. If you know my history, you know that my most famous switch was AFTER checkin.....:faint: hence the generic ticker....:goodvibes. I think I'm okay, however, if Poly becomes an option, no matter when, I think I'm obligated to go for it.... Anniversary trip, original honeymoon was in Hawaii, you know, OBLIGATED to go for it....:goodvibes
POLY!!!! Congrats on getting the extra AKL day!!! Why do I have less time to DIS? Maybe that's better since I can't change as much...... ;)

I am dying after skimming these posts and feel like I might fit in well here! We are booked for AKL 12.16-12.22 with a 2yo daughter and 5yo son...I'm worried about transportation to comeback and nap/rest in the afternoons. Soooo, I'm thinking about changing to Grand Floridian! We stayed there for 2 out of our 3 trips when I was young and it has nostalgia for me...Annnd it's on the monorail. I've also heard it is beautiful at Christmas time! Although I'm sure AKL is also. The thing is this trip is mostly about my son (it's for his birthday) and I know that he is at the perfect age to truly enjoy WDW and all its magic. He would love AKL...but GF would be more convenient! Oh and we have the free DDP...are all free DDPs gone by now?
We didn't mind the buses at AKL so much, IMO the buses are better than the monorail. BUT I do LOVE GF and Free dining YES!

I made the change to WL yesterday! It's not 100% that my mother will be going with, but it's looking very likely. Now to patiently wait for the good news.

Oooops, I did it again....

Was fooling around last night on the Disney website and noticed that a few rooms opened up at BWI for the 1/2 half of our F&W trip in October so I moved us from a studio at BCV over to a water view at BWI :) :) :). I am a happy, happy girl today :banana:

Let's see.... in less than a weeks time, I went from a studio at BCV, to a water view room at BWI, to now a Boardwalk view CL at BWI AND wait for it....
>
>
>
>
I find myself still "just looking" :faint: :rotfl2:

I used to be s serious resort changer and then for years we stayed out at YC/BC. Last year we went back to being resort changers but, wait for it, mostly while we were there. Day before we left we switched from BC to GF. After a week at GF we missed EPCOT Resorts. Decided to try BWI and found it wasn't for us. Next day switched to YC.
This year we have switched back and forth from Disney and Universal

First booked 9 days CBR
Second- booked 9 days Royal
Pacific
Third/ booked 9 days Portofino Bay
Fourth - 9 days CBR
Fifth(and hopefully final) 3 days HRH and 6 days CBR!

I used to be s serious resort changer and then for years we stayed out at YC/BC. Last year we went back to being resort changers but, wait for it, mostly while we were there. Day before we left we switched from BC to GF. After a week at GF we missed EPCOT Resorts. Decided to try BWI and found it wasn't for us. Next day switched to YC.
This year we have switched back and forth from Disney and Universal

First booked 9 days CBR
Second- booked 9 days Royal
Pacific
Third/ booked 9 days Portofino Bay
Fourth - 9 days CBR
Fifth(and hopefully final) 3 days HRH and 6 days CBR!
You sound like our family with the WDW vs Universal trip. I'm currently 7 days out and can't make up my mind. We have 8 nights at BWI and the first night was YC then BC then BWI then YC now poly. Then we move over to HRH. I will tell you deciding between HRH and PBH is tough!

Made the change back to POFQ and I'm glad I did because Disney released a better discount for August and September so I'm saving nearly another $100 on top of the change from WL to POFQ. I'm really excited to go back to POFQ. I'll miss WL, but there's always next time! It'll be easier when I'm not paying for it all on my own.

I fell into this category this year. Booked a standard room at Pop in March- no need for more than a Value this trip. Then the rumors of free dining came out- better change to a Preferred room at POR just in case (couldn't get it for our dates, but the Back to School discount worked). Then 31 days out, oh WL has a great rate, better go deluxe. Looking forward to the Lodge!

I seriously think that WDTC has posted some kind of warning about me in the breakroom...(look out y'all, party of 5, Rachel Ray voice, Boston accent, crazy resort changer)! I have changed our resort 6 times since we booked this trip back in February. I've finally settledecided on WL (construction and all) for our trip next week so I've sworn off searching the site. It's so hard not to look! I'm addicted!

Hello, hello, hello! Anybody home?

Figured I'd check in and see how everyone is doing! I always forget about this thread because of its location now. :sad1:

Hope everyone is doing well! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter