Artist Point or Jiko?

Hollymom1229

Art's Girl
My fiancee and I originally had planned a dinner at AP, but with the closing of CBR we have been moved to AKL and are now wondering if we should eat at Jiko instead of AP for convience. My fiancee is a big fan of salmon which is why we were going to AP. Can anyone help?

AP has the best salmon I've had outside of Alaska. IMO, they also have the best service in WDW. I think it would be worth a trip to WL to eat there.

I liked Jiko, but thought the service was slow. In general, I just like the menu choices of AP better. Jiko usually have some sort of fish on the menu, but not always salmon.

I think you would probably enjoy either restaurant, but if your DF wants salmon, AP is the way to go.

I don't really like Jiko, Boma at AKL is much, much better. I would definitely pick AP over Jiko, like KCritter said, the salmon is out of this world there.

Both are good spots, but if Salmon is an absolute must, then AP would be the place to go. If, however, the Salmon could be put on "hold", I do prefer Jiko a bit more. There is usually a fish entree on the menu (last time I was there it was Monkfish) and it is a pretty restaurant too.

Love Jiko. Didn't have the salmon but the monk fish was the best i have ever had.

Haven't eaten at AP. Had PS 9/11. Got seated looked over the menu and drove over to Jiko. Liked the look of the menu better and having eaten at Jiko twice before on the same trip felt more comfortable that night around a staff we had gotten to know.

These beef "cigars" at Jiko were great:
P9070033.JPG

If you are at AKL I would stay there have a nice meal and skip the travel time. Get a bottle of wine and enjoy the view from your room at AKL. It is a lot more romantic than a Disney Bus.

P9080103.JPG

Agree with Zurg here, Jiko is MUCH better than Artisit Point.

Although if your DF HAS TO HAVE salmon then AP would have to be your choice, because there is no garuntee of Salmon being on the menu at Jiko.

But the theming and quality at Jiko beats Artist Point Hands Down, IMO.

Also you wont have to hang around waiting for transport.

We have LOVED eating at AP many times and love the food , service and atmosphere. To be fair we have not tried Jiko yet so I can't compare. But I doubt you will be dissappointed at either. DW thinks the AP Cedar Plank Salmon is out of this world. I have had the buffalo and seafood dishes. Also very excellent.
The berry cobbler is GREAT (if you have any room for it).

Steve

Both are excellent restaurants but if you want salmon you have to go to AP, their salmon is one of their signature dishes and it is excellent. This is coming from someone that usually can take or leave salmon but I love AP's salmon.

Talked it over with my fiancee, and showed him the menu. He has agreed to wait on AP till next trip. So we'll be eating at Jiko one night. I'm excited, but now I have to rearrange all our PS. I think next trip we'll stay at WL. Thank you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter