Art of Animation help

mrs moon

Mouseketeer
Hi i have a 3 day trip planned here in a little mermaid room,we are a party of 3 (mum,Nan & Grand daughter(12)...MY QUESTION IS : should i upgrade to a suite & if so which one?....PS we dont want to swap resorts

If you're planning on spending most of the time in the parks, I would save the money and stay in the little mermaid rooms. Ive stayed in the values with 2 other adults and a kid before but since we just sleep in the room it doesn't matter.

The suites are nearly double the price of the LM room. If the extra space is worth that much to you, then yes. For me, it would not be worth it with a group of 3. I stayed in a LM room with 3 people and it worked out fine. We loved AoA! The resort is fun and the theming is phenomenal. Enjoy your trip!

It's also a question of cost vs convenience. You can expect an added 5 min to your walk every time you come and go from the room to the bus/Landscape of flavors. Do you or Nan have difficulty walking ? How many times during the trip will you come and go ? We loved the suites at AoA when our son was still taking middle-of-the-day naps and would go to bed early at night, since we could close the door and continue doing our things.

I wouldn't. For the additional cost, with 3 people, you could go to a mod which would be much nicer than AoA, IMHO.

Are you looking at the suites for extra space? Because for a party of 3, I wouldn't do it.

We stayed in a Nemo Suite last year and the extra space was wonderful, but we are also a family of 5.

If you are looking for a little more space, you could likely do a mod or even a standard room at AKL or WL for the close to the price of an AOA suite.

It depends on why you want to upgrade. We are a family of 4 and opted to a book a suite for the following reasons.
  • Space-our sons, 4 & 7, are very active and we would feel cramped
  • Breaks- we plan to take mid-day breaks on park days and we didn't waste time hiking to the LM rooms
  • Non-park days- on non-park days we will be hanging out the resort and the size of the LM wouldn't work for those days.
  • length of stay-we will be there for 7 nights and that's a long time to stay cramped
We felt the upgrade was worth it. Plus this is the kids first trip and we really loved the theme of AoA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter