• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ariel in King Triton's Garden

momto2nenas

DIS Veteran
Does Ariel still sit on her shell in Tomorrowland for Meet and Greets? With all the changes b/c of Princess Faire I was wondering. TIA!

Yes... The Little Mermaid still does Meet & Greets daily at Ariels Grotto (DL).
She's not part of the Princess Fantasy Faire.

:)

Well that's good to know! At least one of our favorites we will for sure see. I don't know if I want to do the Princess thing. All the reviews I've read it takes a LONG time and you aren't guaranteed on a certain princess. I don't think I want to risk disappointing DD who is 4 1/2.

THe line for the princess fair was fairly long all last week. I waited for an hour while my dh took the kids for rides. One thing that happened to us was that my dd5 was granted a mini wish by a gal on the dream squad. She was able to go to the front of the line and meet the princesses. We saw Belle, Snow White and Prince Phillip! I have never seen a prince other than DH :)

Speaking of characters, keep your eyes open for Daisy Duck, we ran into her twice!

How cool for your DD! We would love to see Daisy, I don't even remember seeing her in the parade last year.

Oh, my dd and I are so jealous!! We finally got to meet Donald, but Daisy was nowhere to be found.

I was pretty surprised to see her as well. We saw her once in Toon Town and again at breakfast with Lilo & Stitch.

Last year we saw Clarabell Cow! She was in Toon Town but only for a little bit. I had to chase her down to get a photo. I wasn't letting that one go by!

If you are going soon keep your eyes open for Jack Sparow as well :)

Oh I forgot we also saw Snow White in CA on the Hollywood Backlot. She was near the end of the street by the theatre.

Last year we hunted down all the characters we could find. We did see all the Princesses (some twice b/c of the Princess dining) but never Daisy or Clarabelle.

Its great the Princesses are out and about at CA now too!

The Princesses, minus Ariel... quite often do Meet & Greets inside Disney Animation at DCA.
Either in the main lobby or the small room at the far end of the Lobby where the concept art and models are.

Yesterday, Belle, Cinderella, and Mary Poppins (not a princess, but practically perfect in everyway) were there. Belle and Mary were outside while Cinderella was inside with Mickey and Woody.

Oh wow! Is there a set time for them or do you just take your chances? Do a lot of people know they are there? I've read that Woody, Mickey, and Cinderella do appearances after the animation movie or something? Is this what you are talking about?

There is an animation live show, but it was cancelled yesterday. We watched that show once and were able to meet Mickey in his sorcerer's robe, Cinderella, and a third character I can't remember. Yesterday we saw Mary and Belle while we were walking around. The other characters were in the lobby after we watched Turtle Talk. BTW, that was a really cute show! Crush chose DS to ask a question then joked with him when he realized DS was a ham. We also saw Incredibles and Sully on the backlot.

Cool that you saw Sully! I haven't seen him yet.

I am not sure if Snow White and Goofy were out after a show or not. Sorry

Two years ago we saw crush and my dd was talked to. She was kinda pbvious because she had a glow necklace on and Crush decided she must be an electric eel. It was pretty funny, I wish I had recorded it!

Yep, Ariel is still there, being forced on land against her will. Good thing for the little canal that allows her to swim from the Nemo Lagoon to the California Beachfront to the "meet and greet" in her restaurant. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter