Are you sure we’re in Florida?

I picked up maps at the entrance and went inside.

animal19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I was looking for lunch….which for me would be Staring Rolls. There is always a line, but it moved fairly fast.

animal20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Look at my cup…um it’s February. LOL.

animal21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

During this time some texts had been going out. The plan for today was to tour each others rooms….doing a resort tour type of thing. The first stop was going to be Coronado and I didn’t feel like going to that one, nor did Cass. They were eating lunch there and then touring someone’s room. I felt bad because they thought I was coming and were waiting on me at one point. Finally I let them know that no I wasn’t coming and sorry for the misunderstanding. I think only a few went there.

After lunch I headed out and took the bus back the Poly where I would meet up with Cass and we were going to then meet the others at the Boardwalk.

When I got back I started walking to the bus stop and Cass said no, she wanted to take Uber as it would be faster…Aha…good idea. So we did and of course it was raining when we got there. We arrived about the same time as the others and we all stood outside and waited for those who had cars parked.

We then headed inside. Some of the co-workers that hadn’t been at dinner last night were now with us, so I said hello and met all the new faces.

board1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we headed to Michelle’s room.

board4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We took pictures and talked some business and she gave us some bags with goodies in them.

board5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

You can see some of the girls wearing matching shirts. One of our co-workers, Kelly, made those and they were so cute. But I didn’t realize we were wearing them while we toured. I thought they were for tonight. I wasn’t the only one, but I wish I would have asked and known.

board9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The views from Michelle’s room.

board10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Someday when I hit the lottery I am going to stay in one of those rooms that have the gardens.

board13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we were done we started making our way back to the lobby.

I think this is when Brook took this picture….how many of us can fit in one elevator? LOL.

feb6elevator by Jenseib, on Flickr

board19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some made a bathroom stop, so I took pictures while I waited.

board28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

No visit to the Boardwalk is complete without seeing Todd and Paul.

board31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

(one of them was replaced recently while he is getting refurbished. I forget the name now, but saw the picture and he is equally as creepy).

board35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I must have eventually made a bathroom stop as well.

board37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

board38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Brook had ran out to get her car (she was using her mom’s car who lives in FL) and came up to pick us up to take us over to the Beach Club.

board39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We parked up at the Beach Club and headed inside.

bc1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Kelly was staying here and she led us up to her room. Her friend, Charlotte, was arriving today and told us she could be coming in at any minute.

bc9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Kelly had a great room location and it was a corner room as well.

bc11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was so big!

bc12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The couch turns into a bed as well.

bc14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was the view out her window.

bc17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was standing here talking to Kelly and the door opened and it was Charlotte. Lots of screaming and hugging went on and I could tell that Charlotte would be a total riot and lots of fun.

animal28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed out and down the stairs.

bc19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We stopped in to get some drinks and some I think even got a snack.

I was happy to see they had caffeine free diet coke…My favorite.

animal29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bc24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Next stop was the Poly. We were going to tour our room and also Pam and Deb’s room. Now Pam and Deb had not joined us for the tours and I wasn’t sure why at first, but later found out that their building’s fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and they were evacuated for several hours. I don’t think there was ever an issue, but they had to clear the building. Deb said it had been darn cold out too. So they were sleeping in since they didn’t get much sleep at night. (They did get some compensation for their troubles).

Brook parked the car near our room and this car was in front of us. Now that is a LONG drive to Disney.

animal31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Brook went to go get the rest of the girls to show them where are room was.

Cass and I ran in to clean and straighten up our room. We kept laughing like we were teens getting a room inspection and everything had to be just right. Cass was too shy to move Brook’s stuff. I wasn’t. LOL. I shoved her suitcase under the bed and organized everything.

Soon they all arrived and they got to see our room with the couch bed out. Cass laid out candy treats for everyone and I had a little something I gave to each of the girls as well.

We then moved on over to the next building where Deb and Pam were staying.

poly83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

poly84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

poly85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Pam gave us her Vanna White impression as she showed us her room number.

poly86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And their view.

poly87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Which kind of sucks now that the bungalows have been built.

I did not take pictures of their room as it was pretty much identical to ours.

The original plan was to go to Bay Lake Tower next and see Katie and Ellens room but since we were having dinner at the Contemporary we decided we could go and see it before dinner. (that never panned out though, at least for me. I don’t know if anyone else saw it or not).

Some of the girls were going to meet at Trader Sams and have drinks and we were going to show examples of how we do things, so I went back to my room to get my folder. In the mean time I got a text saying that was postponed till later as well and that some were just chilling there and having drinks.

I think I called home and then decided to head over and see if they were still there. They were actually sitting outside as the inside was full, and they put their name in for when it opened up.

poly88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We ordered some drinks. Mine was ok, but not something I would probably get again. It was good, just not my type. Of course I took pictures of the others too.

Mine

animal33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

poly90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Carol’s…I think this was like a $40 drink.

animal34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

poly89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was our waitress. Poor girl had to work in the rain.

animal35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this may have been Patty or Pam’s drink….though I think Patty got the same thing I did.

animal36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This one may have been Brook’s.

animal37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We ordered some food and I failed at taking pictures. We did get called inside and if I remember right the food hadn’t arrived yet so she brought it in once it came….but I could be wrong on that. I do know it was good, but very light appetizer type stuff.

animal38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took some video inside trying to capture the stuff going on, but I didn’t really get anything good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After a bit I left so I could get changed for dinner. Some stayed longer and were just going from there.

We met over at Bay Lake and went up to a lounge area where we had a bit of a meeting and shared info with each other.

Then we got some group photos.

animal45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After our meeting we headed over to the Contemporary and checked in at The Wave.

animal46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Soon we were seated and some girls got some pretty glow drinks.

animal47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we made our dinner selections.

animal48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A few months before the trip we were supposed to vote for the most helpful co-worker. I honestly did not like doing this as I have so many that are helpful. I actually wasn’t even going to cast a vote but on the last day I was messaged and asked for a vote. I basically threw out several names. I just think a lot of these kind of votes are like popularity contests. I may have many people who help me with something, but if I was going to vote, I would vote for my favorite one. I know a few others felt the same way, but in the end I think we all did give a vote.

Tonight was the announcement of who had won. I really had no clue who would, because I think so many people are helpful. My co-worker Deb was named and I think she was shocked. She got a nice little trophy. Some people got emotional over her winning….in a good way…but that kind of makes me uncomfortable. I had to tell someone to stop crying. Hahahaha!

After that we all chatted while we waited for dinner. Someone, I think Katie, took a picture of Cass and I.

cass and jen by Jenseib, on Flickr

And my dinner.

animal52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I thought it was good, but not a big wow. Honestly I felt the menu was limited for things I would like. I had heard how so many people like this place and though it was not bad, I don’t see me coming back anytime soon. It was pricey for what I got and it was just average in taste.

After dinner many of us shopped in the stores of the Contemporary and then one by one we started heading back to our resorts. My plan had been to go to the Magic Kingdom tonight as that would make it 4 parks I had visited that day. But by the end of dinner I was just too tired and it was still drizzly out and cold. Had it been nicer I think I would have gone over for a little bit at least.

Cass and I made our way back to the Poly and got off at the T&TC and walked to our building just as the fireworks were starting.

poly91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

poly92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Cass went in and I watched a little longer till I was too cold to stay out any longer.

poly93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

poly94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When I got back I decided I needed a diet coke so I went to the vending machine and came back to Cass and Brook in deep conversation. I got ready for bed and listened and commented but I was pretty tired and soon Cass and I both were drifting off. Brook was doing some last minute work (this girl NEVER takes a break) and I had to laugh as when she reads emails, she reads them to herself out loud and then answers them out loud. It was so funny to hear her replies.

Tomorrow we were heading off to cruise on the Magic and we could hardly wait. I think for almost all of us, this was the main reason to come in this trip. We all love cruising and it would be so much fun with all of us together.

And that is the end of the Disney portion. I had continued on to the Disney Magic and that report is already written and posted!

Thanks for sticking with me!

I recently went to Jamaica to tour some Sandals and a Beaches resort. it was so beautiful and eventually I will write something up on that. I also plan to write a report on last Thanksgivings NYC trip too.

A little sneak peek at the Jamaican trip....flying down we flew over the Bahamas and I was looking out the window and captured this. I was so excited to see it from the air.

takeoff20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Castaway Cay!
And that would be the Disney Dream docked there.

Nice update with your tour of 3 out of 4 parks, too bad you were too tired to do MK, but that is understandable.
Nice pics of all the beautiful rooms that everyone was staying in. such a great way to get to see many different places.

QUOTE="jenseib, post: 56289257, member: 129575"]
27827624421_ffa54c26e0_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This drink looks yummy!

So sad that the TR has come to an end but looking forward to TR's for your future trips. I would definitely like to hear about your experience at Sandals and Beaches.

Awesome shot, so cool that the Dream was there for you to catch in the picture.

Oh Jen I love that pic of CC!! Do you happen to have a high res version of it? I also love how you just say 'oh, and I went to Jamaica too' mic drop. :rotfl2:
Your group seem like so much fun, I am jealous that you get to do this for your day job! :thumbsup2

How cool is that being able to see CC so clear from the plane!!! Awesome job :love:

I think I could still ride EE all day long!

I too am jealous of your day job. I am getting fed up with mine and want to get into being a travel agent but have to find the right way to start. So far I am still lost (which doesn't bode well for a travel agent :guilty:)

Looking forward to the upcoming TR's.

Last edited:
CC from the air!!!! Too cool :cool1:

Thanks for sharing this trip. Well done for getting up and seizing the morning at AK. I can't do EE more than once without getting sick. Love Dinosaur, it was closed when I last went :(

You covered a lot of ground today! Fun idea to tour the different rooms. The BW looks great, I haven't seen many pictures of that resort.

Too bad The Wave wasn't more delicious.

Sounds like you ladies had a lot of fun together :)

Thank you for sharing such amazing photos of your trip! I have never been to Epcot, so seeing such great photos really makes me want to hop on the first flight out to go check it out! I specifically love the aquarium pictures! And that food, as always, looks so yummy!! I hope you enjoyed your trip as much as I enjoyed reading it :-)

Todd and Paul creep my boys out and for that reason I make them take a picture with them every time we stay at the BW ;)
Thanks for doing this TR! I enjoyed reading about the same trip from both yours and Cass's POV. I'm glad you had a great trip all around: Disney, Uni and the cruise. And just for ha-ha's I'm going to come back here at the end of the month and let you know if DH and I happened to get your same guide on our tour lol

For some reason I am not getting notifications for this thread. I am not quite caught up, but I thought I reply in stages.

I did go for a quick morning stroll and I checked the weather app. I think it was 58…and at home….52. Yeah…that didn’t make me happy.

I can imagine that this would bother me, too.

We had some time to wait so we used the restroom, chilled on a bench and walked around a bit.

Innoventions looks kind of cool with hardy anybody in there.

She handed out headsets for us all to wear and they sucked!

They do at Disneyland, too. Next time I bring my own.

She started talking about how deep the fountain is. And this is where she lost me. I can’t remember exactly but I think she said it was bigger than Spaceship Earth.

I think she got the fountain and The Living Seas mixed up.

I seriously was not enjoying this like I had hoped.

What a shame.

I later found out that Cass was close to leaving and requesting her money back.

I would not have blamed her. Those tours are not exactly cheap.

The lounge is really neat.

In the end a few months after being home we did complain and got our money back.

I am glad that you got a refund.

At one point as she was chatting away she said how Walt was from the Middle East.

That would explain why I have such a strong bond with that part of the world. :rolleyes:

We also ordered Arancini, which I love, but Cass was not too impressed with.

I love them, too. Those look absolutely delicious.

And a pepperoni pizza.

That pizza is huge.

I was not impressed with the food at all.

Not a shame that dinner was not up to scratch.

I am glad that the Fastpasses worked out for you.

Corinna

Nice update with your tour of 3 out of 4 parks, too bad you were too tired to do MK, but that is understandable.

I wish I had made it over there but I just was frozen and chilled to the bone at that point.

Nice pics of all the beautiful rooms that everyone was staying in. such a great way to get to see many different places.

It was a great way to see other rooms. My goal is to eventually stay at all resorts at least once but they update them every few years or so so ones I have stayed in before now may look different.

This drink looks yummy!

It just needed a little more boost with flavor. A little more fruit.

So sad that the TR has come to an end but looking forward to TR's for your future trips. I would definitely like to hear about your experience at Sandals and Beaches.

I am starting to work on those pictures but I have been insanely busy so it may be a bit before I post about that one. I do have all my NYC pictures done, but not written a single word yet about that one, so if I find some free time....hahaha...ya right....I will start writing that one so I can post it.

Awesome shot, so cool that the Dream was there for you to catch in the picture.

That was so cool to see. I never in my wildest dreams thought I was look out the window and see that.

Oh Jen I love that pic of CC!! Do you happen to have a high res version of it?

Yes I do. I took 2, one on my phone and one on my point and shoot.

I also love how you just say 'oh, and I went to Jamaica too' mic drop

LOL. It was for work. And though we had fun, this was truly and totally a work vacation and most of our days were scheduled. I really should have extended my stay a day or 2 and tried some local island things to do.

Your group seem like so much fun, I am jealous that you get to do this for your day job! :thumbsup2

I do work with a bunch of great gals. One friend asked why I don't move to another place or start my own...honestly I would miss my girls too much. Several I have been with since almost day 1, with Brook starting a few months after me and Cass being there a few months before me. And then Patty and Deb were there about the same as me as well. They are all such good friends.

How cool is that being able to see CC so clear from the plane!!! Awesome job

I was so excited and as soon as we landed I texted it to Cass and she knew exactly what it was.

I think I could still ride EE all day long!

LOL. I could have gone back after a break, but I do get motion sickness and bonine only helps so much.

I too am jealous of your day job. I am getting fed up with mine and want to get into being one but have to find the right way to start. So far I am still lost

LOL. I got lucky when I started and talked to the right person at the right time. It takes a while to get yourself going. It's nice for me to work from home and set my own hours. But some days I work very long hours.

Looking forward to the upcoming TR's

Eventually I will get them going!

CC from the air!!!! Too cool :cool1:

Wasn't it. I was so giddy when I saw that.

Thanks for sharing this trip. Well done for getting up and seizing the morning at AK. I can't do EE more than once without getting sick. Love Dinosaur, it was closed when I last went :(

I do love EE but yeah it can take a toll on you after a few times.

You covered a lot of ground today! Fun idea to tour the different rooms. The BW looks great, I haven't seen many pictures of that resort.

It was a busy day. I only had so much time there and I knew I had to hit some highlights and do what I could. When I go in Oct. I am only doing the Halloween party (and then cruising) so I won't get to hit the parks at all.

Too bad The Wave wasn't more delicious

I was hoping more from it as I have heard so many good reviews. But for me and my picky tastes it seemed to not have enough choices.

Sounds like you ladies had a lot of fun together :)

We have a great group and we get along great.

Thank you for sharing such amazing photos of your trip! I have never been to Epcot, so seeing such great photos really makes me want to hop on the first flight out to go check it out! I specifically love the aquarium pictures! And that food, as always, looks so yummy!! I hope you enjoyed your trip as much as I enjoyed reading it :-)

You have never been to Epcot? Wow! You must get there.
It was really cool to go in that lounge.
Thanks for joining and reading!!

Todd and Paul creep my boys out and for that reason I make them take a picture with them every time we stay at the BW ;)

Haha...that is something I would do too.

Thanks for doing this TR! I enjoyed reading about the same trip from both yours and Cass's POV.

I always say 2 people can do the same trip and have different feelings on different things. Just because I like something doesn't mean someone else does and as you can see, even good friends have differing opinions on some things.
I once read a TR on a Disney cruise out of Galvestion...the same exact sailing I was on and that person talked about how rough the seas were and just did not enjoy the cruise. I had a blast on that cruise and thought it was pretty smooth sailing. Everyone is different and expects different things.

I'm glad you had a great trip all around: Disney, Uni and the cruise. And just for ha-ha's I'm going to come back here at the end of the month and let you know if DH and I happened to get your same guide on our tour lol

I pray you don't get her....or if you do she has been retrained and is doing better.

For some reason I am not getting notifications for this thread. I am not quite caught up, but I thought I reply in stages.

I am having that issue with some too. And I am so behind on others. I had planned to read many on the plane to and from Jamaica and I think I read one on the way back. LOL.

I can imagine that this would bother me, too.

Skip loves it when the weather at home is better or similar to what I have in FL. I swear he watches the weather every day and updates me.

Innoventions looks kind of cool with hardy anybody in there.

I can't even remember the last time I was in there. Many many years ago...before Claire I bet.

They do at Disneyland, too. Next time I bring my own.

Yes the ones at DL suck too. I should have grabbed my own as well.

I think she got the fountain and The Living Seas mixed up.

I think you are right.

What a shame.

When you spend that kind of money you really expect more.

I would not have blamed her. Those tours are not exactly cheap.

Yes. So many were not happy with this tour.

The lounge is really neat.

That was a highlight. Even if our info was wrong at least we got to see some cool things.

I am glad that you got a refund.

Me too!

That would explain why I have such a strong bond with that part of the world. :rolleyes:

Haha. That is just an example of some of the bizarre things she would say.

I love them, too. Those look absolutely delicious.

I had some in Jamaica too and they were delicious.

That pizza is huge.

It's really a good size for being a pizza for 1.

Not a shame that dinner was not up to scratch.

I am glad that the Fastpasses worked out for you.

It wasn't bad, just not what I expected from there.

I finally managed to come back over hear again to finish reading. Things are a little crazy at the moment.

Then I remembered the Animal Kingdom had early entry today and thought…what the heck, I’ll head there.

What a great way of making use of being up early/

The single rider line was not open yet, but the standby line was completely walk through.

That sounds like a result.

I loved it and rode it 5 times in a row in 45 minutes.

That is very impressive, both in terms of waiting time and the fact how often you did this ride. I can just about manage this once.

You managed to cover a lot of ground that day. What a shame that you did not make it to the Magic Kingdom. I love the ideas of the room tour around the different resorts. How nice that you got to visit the Top of the World Lounge. We have been to Wave twice and the food is a little too experimental for our liking although what you had looked good.

Thanks for sharing.

Corinna

managed to come back over hear again to finish reading. Things are a little crazy at the moment.

I hear you on that one. Completely crazy here too

What a great way of making use of being up early/

I was glad I thought of it. LOL.

That is very impressive, both in terms of waiting time and the fact how often you did this ride. I can just about manage this once.

hahaha

You managed to cover a lot of ground that day. What a shame that you did not make it to the Magic Kingdom. I love the ideas of the room tour around the different resorts. How nice that you got to visit the Top of the World Lounge. We have been to Wave twice and the food is a little too experimental for our liking although what you had looked good.

It was a busy day but a lot of fun. I had to make the most of my time there.
I have heard such good things about the Wave but it just wasn't that great of a menu to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter