Are you sure we’re in Florida?

Yeah... incorrect info would be a deal breaker for me. Thats not a little mistake, thats a bold one! Several by the sounds of it which means you can't trust what she said. Epcot opened in 1982 and Roy died in 1971...

We were at the Poly over the 4th of July and it was open later than 8pm!!

Sorry for the delay my internet modem wasn't working and drove 1 1/2 hours and new modem still is not working

Sorry for the delay my internet modem wasn't working and drove 1 1/2 hours and new modem still is not working

Did you get the modem from your internet company..? Sometimes they need the mac address entered on their end before you can connect it (Xfinity does for sure).

Joining in. Count me in as reading the beginning and end. It's funny because I also read the trip report from Cass and as I'm reading along I'm thinking this sounds familiar. LOL :D

Did you get the modem from your internet company..? Sometimes they need the mac address entered on their end before you can connect it (Xfinity does for sure).

I did but don't have a Mac. This has been an ongoing issue and has gotten really bad this last month or so. This is the second modem I have tried. I thought it was maybe the router then but after going between 3 it's clearly not that either. I even tried changing out cords. This new modem looks used as it is all scratched up and when I plug it in it doesn't even power up. I can not even explain how mad I am right now. Tomorrow I have to get up early and head out to try for a new one again. I threatened to leave them and of course they don't want me too but won't give me a full months credit like I asked for. They did make an "exception ". And gave me 3 weeks credit. They said that was their limit and I let them know I am at my limit too. Lol

I did but don't have a Mac. This has been an ongoing issue and has gotten really bad this last month or so. This is the second modem I have tried. I thought it was maybe the router then but after going between 3 it's clearly not that either. I even tried changing out cords. This new modem looks used as it is all scratched up and when I plug it in it doesn't even power up. I can not even explain how mad I am right now. Tomorrow I have to get up early and head out to try for a new one again. I threatened to leave them and of course they don't want me too but won't give me a full months credit like I asked for. They did make an "exception ". And gave me 3 weeks credit. They said that was their limit and I let them know I am at my limit too. Lol

Oh, a mac address is on every device with a network card. Its a unique identifier number, computers, mobile devices, tablets, routers etc all have their own unique one like a fingerprint. But hey, if its not powering on thats definitely not it! :)

Worse comes to worse can you just contest the charges for the last month? :D

Found your latest TR today, looking forward to reading about the rest but you got a great start.

Love the Poly room pics, that is such a pretty resort, those DVC rooms are great there with the split bathroom.

That stinks that you had that cranky man at dinner. I remember him from Cass' report

Yeah That tour guide sounds really bad. That fountain is not even all that deep, she was probably confusing it with the Living Seas tank, I heard that Spaceship Earth wound fit in there.

That private lounge area looks cool, kind of reminds me of The Coral Reef restaurant set up, with the tiers.

I'm sorry about your modem issues, that sounds horrible. Hopefully fixed soon.

The new tour guide sounds like she wasn't ready to give a tour... Too cool seeing the backstage areas, I love that.

So I just finally found time to find and read Cass's report. It is very interesting seeing the same day through two different eyes.

I loved reading Cass' report to see what we thought of different things.

That really was a horrible tour experience! I would've been with Cass in wanting my money back. I am sure I would have followed through in demanding it back.

In the end a few months after being home we did complain and got our money back.

And back to the dinner and fireworks. I am pretty good at acting like I don't know what people are talking about (actually it's not always an act o_O) so I could have easily ignored that father. People are just jerks when it comes to entitlement anymore.

LOL.

Yeah... incorrect info would be a deal breaker for me. Thats not a little mistake, thats a bold one! Several by the sounds of it which means you can't trust what she said. Epcot opened in 1982 and Roy died in 1971...

She had a lot of things that just made you wonder how long she had been doing this.

We were at the Poly over the 4th of July and it was open later than 8pm!!

Good to know!

Joining in. Count me in as reading the beginning and end. It's funny because I also read the trip report from Cass and as I'm reading along I'm thinking this sounds familiar. LOL :D

hahaha.

Oh, a mac address is on every device with a network card. Its a unique identifier number, computers, mobile devices, tablets, routers etc all have their own unique one like a fingerprint. But hey, if its not powering on thats definitely not it! :)

Worse comes to worse can you just contest the charges for the last month? :D

aha!
I got a new modem this morning and knock on wood this one seems to be running fine. Let's hope my internet ordeals are over. They are supposed to credit me 3 weeks worth....we shall see.

Found your latest TR today, looking forward to reading about the rest but you got a great start.

Thanks for stopping in.

Love the Poly room pics, that is such a pretty resort, those DVC rooms are great there with the split bathroom.

They really are.

That stinks that you had that cranky man at dinner. I remember him from Cass' report

he was crazy.

Yeah That tour guide sounds really bad. That fountain is not even all that deep, she was probably confusing it with the Living Seas tank, I heard that Spaceship Earth wound fit in there.

I bet you are right. She was really bad though.

That private lounge area looks cool, kind of reminds me of The Coral Reef restaurant set up, with the tiers.

I have never been to Coral Reef yet. I know..such a shame. I hear good things about it.
This area was really cool though.

I'm sorry about your modem issues, that sounds horrible. Hopefully fixed soon.

The new tour guide sounds like she wasn't ready to give a tour... Too cool seeing the backstage areas, I love that.

I am hoping this one fixes my issues. I was pretty darn mad yesterday.

She was not for sure. She was full of wrong info. no wonder these strange stories get passed around. you would assume your tour guide was telling you correct info.

She continued to talk as I walked around and snapped pictures and also looked into the tanks.

epcot21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Honestly at one point my ears were hurting from the headphones and I just took them off and tried to hear her talk normally.

epcot22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

At one point as she was chatting away she said how Walt was from the Middle East. Um…no, last I checked he was not Middle Eastern. People corrected her this time and said mid-west. Hahaha.

The lounge was a highlight. I am glad I stuck it out to see that lounge. It was neat to be able to see people looking in at the tanks across the way.

We moved on to the Land next.

I hadn’t realized that the building represents a Volcano. But again she said something that was not right and Cass pointed it out to me.

She talked about the artist who made the mosaic and said that they were not allowed to sign the piece as per their contract so to get around that, even though both sides are supposed to be identical they added a green stone as their signature on one side.

Also this yellow stone meant something and I can no longer remember what.

epcot30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This dark green stone is the signature.

epcot32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now this is the point of the tour where you would normally ride Soarin’ but it was down for refurbishment then. So we got a 15 minute break where I went and got a snack of strawberry short cake.

epcot33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Obviously I inhaled it as I don’t have a picture of it.

Back out we went. I believe we next went into the facility that cleans the 3D glasses. I gave a loud cheer. I think people thought I was crazy, but I seriously was excited to see this. I had always wondered how they cleaned them. It was very interesting and every pair of glasses from ALL parks on property get brought over and cleaned at Epcot. I wish I could have taken pictures because it really was neat to see.

Back out again to listen to more info.

epcot8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I took pictures as we stood there.

epcot35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then we moved on over by Mission Space where she fumbled with more info. She tried to tell us some statistic and it was like 80 hundred….and then she kept correcting herself till she actually said a real number.

epcot36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She talked about Mission Space, some interesting and some boring. It really was hard to be a captive audience when you weren’t sure if what she was telling you was actually correct.

We have eyes partially opened this time!

epcot9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then we headed over to Test Track and went in a back way and got right on.

epcot11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That was fun to ride, even though we didn’t get to design our cars.

Then we went outside and underneath the track. This was another highlight. The columns supporting that outside track…well they are on top of balls so the track can sway…and sway it does. It was actually kind of scary to see how much sway it has as those cars race around. I don’t know how many of you remember when Test Track opened, but it was supposed to open like 1 or so years before it actually did. My first trip with my older kids…it was supposed to be open that trip and was not. I took them again 2 years after and it was newly opened and the lines were long and it broke down all the time.

Well part of that delay…the cars were flying off the track. So they had to add something to clamp the cars down to the track. EEK!!!

We then moved on to a costuming area. That was pretty cool. Actually this had basically a break room and lockers and costumes. I found it interesting…sadly her dialog was not. We did pass some “princesses” getting ready. It was kind of neat to get a glimpse of them in half dress. I am pretty sure one was Mary Poppins and there were 2 others but I can’t remember who they were now. They had the coolest picture of Walt and Lillian in black and white that was photo-shopped onto a Disney ship. I really wanted to take a picture of just that picture, but of course we can’t take pictures backstage.

We moved on back stage. For those who have seen behind the scenes at Epcot already know this, but it’s basically a dump back there. I have been back there before and knew this. They store a lot of crap basically back there. That being said, it is still neat to see. We moved to an area that was open to the sun and the wind and stood there as our guide talked about Illuminations. She was VERY passionate about it. That’s nice and all but we were now over the time of the tour and Cass and I had a late lunch reservation to get to. Our guide talked and talked and talked. I could see everyone at this point was just done with this tour. Everyone was checking their watches and shifting legs. I was so tempted to leave, but I knew we would be getting a pin at the end, so I held on.

FINALLY it was over and we were all handed our pins and directed on how to get back into the park and we took off…FAST. 2 of the ladies on the tour were right behind us and we could hear them discussing how bad the tour was. We started talking to them and they agreed it was just really awful. The tour itself is great. I blame the awfulness on our guide. We really should have went to Guest Services and asked for our money back. It was that bad. I am one who rarely asks for money back because I know people have bad days and things don’t always run smoothly, but this was just so bad.

We had a reservation to get to and really the rest of our night was full, so it just wasn’t feasible for us to walk up and ask.

A few months after we got home, and Cass was writing her Trip Report and brought up all the old memories of it. I messaged her and said we should contact someone and ask for a refund. She said she had done just that and after a little bit of going back and forth they were sending her a gift card refund. (I had paid for the tours with my card since I had a Disney Visa and we got a discount). Cass gave me the contact info and I emailed and received a call back and was then refunded as well. I wish I hadn’t had to do that, but it was just not worth what we paid at all. We both got the impression that our guide was new (I am wondering if this was her first tour) and it was mentioned to both of us that she would be sent for retraining.

So it was time for our late lunch. When we were making our plans for our Epcot day, many of the co-workers still had not had set plans or knew when they were arriving. We just couldn’t wait around and we both wanted to go to Via Napoli at some point in the trip so we made a reservation there. This is one of my favorite places and Cass had never been there but has wanted to try it. Closer to our trip, people started making plans and after a lot of back and forth it was decided that we would go to Teppan Edo as a group that evening. I think a 6ish reservation was made…..but then people wanted to hit Hollywood Studios for the fireworks, etc, that evening so it was moved to around 4- 4:30ish. I believe our Via Napoli was at 1:30. We were not giving it up. So we figured we would eat lightly there and still have room for dinner with the gang.

We arrived at Via Napoli and Cass ran ahead and checked us in and I was close behind. We were late, but still able to be seated.

epcot38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got seated pretty much right away.

epcot39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It felt so good to sit down. My back was hurting from standing around so much on the tour and I was dying of thirst.

Luckily our waitress brought out our drinks and bread right away.

epcot40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We looked over the menu and I told Cass that we could share a personal pizza as they were pretty big and I pointed out one on the table next to us. I think she was shocked to see how big a pizza for 1 actually was.

We also ordered Arancini, which I love, but Cass was not too impressed with.

epcot41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They are basically ricotta balls. I just love them.

epcot12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And a pepperoni pizza.

epcot42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They sure don’t get too wild with the pepperoni…but some were stacked on top of each other and I moved them around a bit.

epcot13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was good! We inhaled it. I LOVE this pizza. I wish we had a place close by that made pizza like this. It was a good deal as I think the meal was around $25 a piece including drinks and tips.

I must mention that Cass laughed every time I said Via Napoli. I don’t say it right, but I can’t train myself to say it the right way. I say it Via Na pole eee. We have a town near me called Napoleon and I say like that. Cass said it is because of Naples and it is Via Nap o lee. That just sounds so wrong to me. LOL.

After lunch we headed out and Cass went and facetimed with her family and I tried calling home too. I think I did get a hold of Claire.

We just kind of walked around in the area after lunch because dinner was right around the corner.

epcot43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After roaming through stores it was finally time to meet up. Everyone kind of trickled in. It was so nice to see the girls I have met before but haven’t seen in quite some time and to meet new people. I have never actually met my boss in real life before and that was neat.

After we all arrived we headed upstairs to check in.

epcot46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to wait a few minutes before being seated.

epcot47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is another place I cannot pronounce right and Cass kept laughing at the way I said it. I can’t even remember how it is supposed to be said, but I say it Tep pan Eee dooo. It’s not right. Hahaha.

We had to be split into 2 tables but were side by side in the same room.

epcot52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Roommate #3 had arrived…Brook! Here is a picture with the 3 of us plus our boss Michelle.

teppan edo by Jenseib, on Flickr

They started us with salads.

epcot53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now we have a hibachi place at home that is fantastic. We have another one that is good too. We did one on the NCL Jewel last summer a couple of times and it was good. Not as good as what we have at home, but still good. This one was not comparable to any of them. I was not impressed with the food at all.

The salad was nowhere as good as any we have at home.

They didn’t have yum yum sauce.

epcot23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We still got a nice little show though.

epcot54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

epcot58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Instead of cooking the rice right there they brought it out in bowls. It was not fried rice, but some kind of beef rice. I ate it, but it left a weird aftertaste. I probably would not get it again. They also serve these noodles with the meal. I was not a fan of those either.

epcot59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The meat was good though.

epcot60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Over all the meal was a big disappointment. I had really been excited to eat here as I love the ones we have at home, but this was nowhere near the same level. I now have it checked off my list and have no need to go back. I had always planned to take Claire here, but I think she would not be happy with it either. Her favorite is the fried rice and without that she would only eat the meat.

It was nice to converse with the others though and catch up with old friends and learn more about the new ones.

After we paid our bills we headed out. It was soooo cold now and windy. We wanted to take a group picture but it was so windy that we decided against it and would do one tomorrow.

Most of the group was heading off to Hollywood Studios, which was my plan too, except I was freezing. Cass was going back to the Poly to hit the hot tub before it closed. I went back with her, but I was going to change into capris to help warm myself up. (I did not bring pants).

We quickly went back and I did a quick change and headed right over to DHS and started texting Brook and a few others. Some were riding Rockin’ Roller Coaster in the single rider line while others were waiting with bags. I headed in that direction and I passed a girl on a scooter and it looked like Deb. I shouted hi and she turned and looked around, but then kept going. I wasn’t wearing my glasses and thought…him…maybe it wasn’t her. Or maybe she didn’t see me. I kept walking and found the girls and they said Deb had just left and would meet us for fireworks. So it was her. I am betting she didn’t see me. I never actually said her name…just a hey or hi.

After everyone was done with their rockin’ adventure we headed over to find a spot for the fireworks. We found Deb and we all gathered in a little area and soon they started.

epcot25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

starwars1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

starwars2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

starwars3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

starwars4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They were FABULOUS! I am so glad I made it over to see them.

Everyone was now going to go to MK for late hours. I hung back with Deb while the others headed up front. I think some needed to stop at a store or something. Deb and I chatted a bit and then made our way out and of course it was a bit chaotic. Deb was also staying at the Poly and I was trying to decide if it would be easier to ride back to the Poly and then transfer to MK or just take the MK bus, which in that direction looked like 5 zillion people. The other girls were still in line for the bus, so I decided to just go join them and said good bye to Deb.

We had to wait a bit for the bus because so many people were heading to MK, but being with a group made the wait much better. We then started working on FP+ on our apps. We were trying to coordinate so we had overlapping times. Most of us had just picked up our tickets that day or the day before, so we did not premake fastpasses prior to the trip.

We got a few things but it always seemed to be leaving 1 person off…we would just have to work with that.

We arrived at MK and the MSEP was going on. UGH! Anyone who has arrived while this is going on knows it is next to impossible to make your way up Main Street.

evening1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We wiggled and tried to push our way. People were NOT following the directions of leaving the pathways clear. So many would just stop and watch. And it was 2 way traffic…2 way of non-moving traffic. We got to one spot and it was a stand still. I was standing next to a CM and she shrugged and said…I have tried to tell these people to keep moving and not stop and no one listens. At this point you really can’t do anything…. So true. And then people were trying to come out of stores and the bakery and they were basically stuck inside. It was completely insane. I lifted my camera and took a picture.

evening2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I looked at it and pointed out some person that appeared to be watching rather than moving and jokingly said…this guy is the culprit!

We kept pushing along. We needed to get to our FP’s. Pam was hilarious through this and when someone would say something…she would reply “not on my watch”. And it was just hysterical.

FINALLY we made it through.

evening3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to split up for some reason and some of us were on one side of the parade route and some on the others. I forget why, but I think some girls went to get something on the other side. We also had to make a potty stop in all this chaos.

evening4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made it to BTMR and road. I don’t remember if the whole gang made it or not to that one, but I do know we did not all have FPs for it, but they let us all through.

Brook took a selfie of us all.

btmr by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then we headed to pirates.

evening7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was so cold and Patty was wearing a skirt so we stopped off at the store and she bought these long striped knee socks to keep warm and we were laughing so hard. I think Brook took a picture of it. But Patty said she was much warmer now.

We then stopped at the FP kiosk to try and line us up again as the app was having issues. We had a CM help us, but it just wouldn’t line up. We went to the Haunted Mansion and only some of us had FPs there. The guy said, wait, you don’t all have them. Oh shoot…he says don’t worry, I’ll fix it and we all went in. As we jumped in our cars I jumped in as a 3rd person. I can’t remember who it was with other than Brook…maybe Patty too. Well my butt was way too big and we were squashed the whole ride and I felt bad for pushing myself in. We did laugh a lot though.

I can’t remember what else we rode, but I know we did use 3 or 4 FPs as some had 1s that others didn’t and we lucked out and all got on. I think maybe Pooh was another one?

Pam had a paper FP for the Mine train for some issue they had earlier and she asked if we could all go and the CM said no. Darn it.

At that moment there was a large child (Brazillian) group waiting for their FP window to open and they were shouting the count down. When they got to one they RAN to the queue and the CM, who was young herself, blocked it off and shouted NO! She said you will walk through this line like civilized young adults or you won’t go through at all. They settled down then. Good for that CM!!!

I think at one point I bought hot chocolate. Yeah it was that cold. I had on a short sleeved shirt, a long sleeved shirt and a hoodie and capris and I was still shaking from the cold.

At one point most of the girls were going to head back. We wanted to stay later, but we were cold and tired and just couldn’t go on much more. I noticed the 2nd parade was going through and I just couldn’t handle walking through that mess again so I said I was hanging back by myself and would walk back front after the parade crowd.

I wandered Tomorrowland and then up through Main Street and through some stores. It had thinned out much more by the time I hit Main Street. I was dead on my feet though and fighting sleep.

Good Bye MIK!

evening12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got my first taste of just how much I LOVE staying on the monorail tonight. I was so tired and achy and I limped my way up to the monorail and got on and road to the T&TC (as it was closer to our room), got off and limped my way to the room. So EASY! …well except for the limping part with sore blistered feet and aching muscles. But I just became spoiled.

Tonight I was sleeping on the pull out bed from the cabinet. It was not bad at all. My only worry was that I would wake up and bump my head on the cabinet because of the way it pulls out…but I never did.

Brook was tapping away on her laptop. She was trying to do some catch up work. We tried to tell her it could wait, but she just worries if she doesn’t reply right away to people. I have to say I was very fortunate as I had very little issues while I was gone business wise and everyone understood that I would take care of any non-emergency needs when I got back. Of course when I got back it took me 2 days to answer basic emails and get semi caught up. LOL.

Off to sleep I went and I think Brook stayed up late working on something.

Yup, I definitely remember reading about the tour guide in Cass's TR :sad2: I SO hope DH and I don't get her later this month when we take that tour! I will say my guess is it wasn't her very first tour or they probably would have had another guide on the tour; that was the case when we took the KTTK tour last year. Our guide wasn't the greatest but was good enough that everyone on the tour was surprised at the end when we found out it was her first (and she didn't give any wrong info lol). After she wrapped it up, a guy who had been on the whole tour with us stepped us next to her. He introduced himself as a tour guide manager (something like that) and told us it was our guide Kelly's first tour and he'd been on the tour observing her and she did great. I would assume they place someone like that on all first tours with new guides?

DH had the arancini at Via Napoli last Nov. and said it was great; unfortunately I wasn't feeling well so didn't try it. But I had the arancini at Citricos in January and that was heavenly!!

While the Poly hasn't been my favorite deluxe resort we've stayed at, I do agree being on the monorail was great when leaving MK or Epcot later at night, especially since it was so COLD on our trip.

Goodness gracious, Walt from the Mid East?? I'm so glad you called them.

Glad you got to Via Napoli, that place is amazingly good! Yep, you had to wait for the pin, but that wait must have been torturous :faint:

Too bad about Teppan Edo.

Love love love those SW fireworks!!! Mom and I both thought the Frozen fireworks were the best we'd ever seen but the SW ones are even better.

And then you went to MK afterwards? Wow! And you got quite a lot squeezed in, awesome :)

I admit I thought it was funny when I read Cass report and she said you mispronounce Teppan Edo. She hadn't mentioned your pronunciation of Via Napoli. I think you say it correctly as that is how I pronounce it Na pole eee. I have yet to eat there, or most places as I usually travel with picky eaters!!!! But it is on the list for next year. Teppan Edo is out of the question though.

Wow you did pack a lot in that night with three parks.

Good to hear about the pullout bed being comfortable enough. I have rented points for a studio there next year. I plan to surprise my friend with the Poly but I guess the bed situation might be the bigger surprise for her. I'm paying so I get the bed!

Yes I can see getting spoiled on the monorail!

Yup, I definitely remember reading about the tour guide in Cass's TR :sad2: I SO hope DH and I don't get her later this month when we take that tour! I will say my guess is it wasn't her very first tour or they probably would have had another guide on the tour; that was the case when we took the KTTK tour last year. Our guide wasn't the greatest but was good enough that everyone on the tour was surprised at the end when we found out it was her first (and she didn't give any wrong info lol). After she wrapped it up, a guy who had been on the whole tour with us stepped us next to her. He introduced himself as a tour guide manager (something like that) and told us it was our guide Kelly's first tour and he'd been on the tour observing her and she did great. I would assume they place someone like that on all first tours with new guides?

DH had the arancini at Via Napoli last Nov. and said it was great; unfortunately I wasn't feeling well so didn't try it. But I had the arancini at Citricos in January and that was heavenly!!

While the Poly hasn't been my favorite deluxe resort we've stayed at, I do agree being on the monorail was great when leaving MK or Epcot later at night, especially since it was so COLD on our trip.

She was pretty new I think. Maybe we were her first after the manager watched her?
I agree, Poly was not my favorite resort wise but the location is awesome.

Goodness gracious, Walt from the Mid East?? I'm so glad you called them.

yeah it was kind of comical after a while.

Glad you got to Via Napoli, that place is amazingly good! Yep, you had to wait for the pin, but that wait must have been torturous :faint:

It was. LOL

Too bad about Teppan Edo.

I was hoping so much more from it, but it wasn't bad, but just not as great as what we have at home and I will just stick to that.

Love love love those SW fireworks!!! Mom and I both thought the Frozen fireworks were the best we'd ever seen but the SW ones are even better.

I never had a chance to see the Frozen ones. I need a money tree so I can see and do all I want.

And then you went to MK afterwards? Wow! And you got quite a lot squeezed in, awesome :)

It was a busy day but we had only so much time.

I admit I thought it was funny when I read Cass report and she said you mispronounce Teppan Edo. She hadn't mentioned your pronunciation of Via Napoli. I think you say it correctly as that is how I pronounce it Na pole eee. I have yet to eat there, or most places as I usually travel with picky eaters!!!! But it is on the list for next year. Teppan Edo is out of the question though.

You say it like me then..I guess we're wrong. LOL.

Wow you did pack a lot in that night with three parks.

It was a busy day but it was fun.

Good to hear about the pullout bed being comfortable enough. I have rented points for a studio there next year. I plan to surprise my friend with the Poly but I guess the bed situation might be the bigger surprise for her. I'm paying so I get the bed!

I think you both will be fine. She can do either the pull down or the couch pull out. Both were decent enough. I think the pull out might have been a little better, but it depends on what you like too.

I haven't been on the DIS in awhile, I didn't know you started this!!! :rolleyes: :cool1:

We were NOT happy. Seriously??? They now close the pool at 8PM? What about people who like to come back and swim after the parks close? I know many like to spend a little time in the hot tub late into the evening. Cass asked about this and was told this is now year round too…even in the summer. I hope they were wrong.

I wrote an email and spoke to a CM about it, they didn't seem to care. 8pm is just ridiculous, especially when your quiet pool is under construction!!! :sad2:

I headed out front with Cass and she told me that one of the rocks wasn’t real…it just floats in there (Well probably all the rocks are fake). I assume it hides something?

I'm sure they are all fake but that one was funny because it was in the middle of the water, going around in circles :rotfl2:

Me and all my friends.

:rotfl:

We were seated on the upper level. My view was of the castle…Cass’s was of me. I think she got the better view. Hahahaha!

I dunno, you also had a view of the "Privileged Family" :crazy2: :rolleyes:

As we walked back in Cass glared at the entitled family and she took a picture and said she was going to post it on facebook and let the world know what a jerk this guy is. LOL!

And I did post it to Facebook! And also on TripAdvisor :p :rolleyes1

Because Cass had noted my birthday, they brought me out their signature dessert on the house. Cass didn’t get dessert and honestly I was too full, but I ate the whole thing, except for the few bites Cass took.

I had one bite and didn't care for it at all. That was such a disappointing meal, good thing I had good company or else I might have shot myself :rolleyes2

Cass had forgotten her chapstick and she is a little bit obsessed

Just a little o_O :laughing:

Sadly I looked pretty normal.

But with a bunch of holes in your face :scratchin :lmao:

I gave a loud cheer. I think people thought I was crazy, but I seriously was excited to see this. I had always wondered how they cleaned them.

I was so excited too!!! :jumping3:

I must mention that Cass laughed every time I said Via Napoli.

I forgot about that one!!! I think that one is kinda like tomato/tomahto, some do and some don't but you ain't getting away with Teppan Edooooo :rotfl2:

27831535366_7d1f388b86_z.jpg

BAHAHAH! Mickey is staring at our pizza like he wants some badly! :rotfl:

I haven't been on the DIS in awhile, I didn't know you started this!!!

That's ok. I have been slow to post here.

I wrote an email and spoke to a CM about it, they didn't seem to care. 8pm is just ridiculous, especially when your quiet pool is under construction!!! :sad2:

It is totally ridiculous.

I'm sure they are all fake but that one was funny because it was in the middle of the water, going around in circles :rotfl2:

It was the rebel stone.

I dunno, you also had a view of the "Privileged Family" :crazy2: :rolleyes:

Yay me. hahaha

And I did post it to Facebook! And also on TripAdvisor

Good for you!

I had one bite and didn't care for it at all. That was such a disappointing meal, good thing I had good company or else I might have shot myself

I thought it was all so good. LOL. But it was pricey so it should have been probably even better for the cost.

But with a bunch of holes in your face

hahaha

I was so excited too!!

That area was so neat to see.

I forgot about that one!!! I think that one is kinda like tomato/tomahto, some do and some don't but you ain't getting away with Teppan Edooooo

I still can't remember the proper way to say it either.

BAHAHAH! Mickey is staring at our pizza like he wants some badly!

Thats funny.

Feb 6, 2017, Saturday

I woke up WAY too early. I wasn’t sure if I should try and go back to bed or get up and get ready for the day. Then I remembered the Animal Kingdom had early entry today and thought…what the heck, I’ll head there.

I arrived just after opening, but considering I wasn’t planning on going there this morning that wasn’t too bad.

animal1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had one thing on my mind and I headed that way.

animal3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yep, it was Everest!

animal5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The single rider line was not open yet, but the standby line was completely walk through.

ak2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And soon I was on round 1.

ak3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I loved it and rode it 5 times in a row in 45 minutes. I could have kept going too but I was getting a little sick and needed to move on as well. The line was next to nothing and when it started filling they opened up the single rider line and I used that a few times.

I headed back to the front of the park then.

animal7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And decided to make a stop at Dinosaur as it has been a few years since I rode it.

ak5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I pretended to be asleep.

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7598150307 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then I was on the move again.

ak7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I stopped and got a hot chocolate…because it was cold and I think I got a muffin too. I sat down and ate it and did a little browsing through a few stores and then headed out.

ak10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Next stop…..Epcot.

animal9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Along with a few thousand of my closest friends. LOL.

I only walked through Epcot because I was picking up maps for my collection and I didn’t feel the need to ride any of the rides that were open at the time.

animal10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I spotted Tink coming out for a visit.

animal14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I stopped in the store right there at the International Gateway and found a shirt I had been looking at but never found it in my size…They had it. I also picked up a couple of other things and then I headed on my way again.

The boat to Studios had just pulled up, so I hopped on and took a leisurely ride over.

boat1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

boat2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

boat3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

boat4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Of course riding the boat over means many stops.

boat5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

animal18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter