• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are you really going to take her 3 times before her 4th Birthday?!?" Last Minute!

awaldo

Mouseketeer
I've enjoyed reading so many others pre-trips, I thought I may try my hand at my own! WARNING: I doubt I will be able to be as interesting and entertaining as some of the others I've read, but it won't be for lack of trying!

Our Cast of Characters:

ME, Andy: 33 Years old, have been to WDW uncountable times. My mother instilled this in me. I converted my DW, and am currently, successfully, Disney brainwashing my DD. I am the compulsive planner of our trips - with input from the rest of the family.

DW, BJ: 33 also. I'm thinking she's been at least 7 times that I know of (6 with me directly, once, both there at the same time, just not together...lonnng story!)

DD3, Isabelle: 3 years old. This will be her third trip to WDW. She also just went to Disneyland in November. Her last trip to WDW? July 2007.

DD-.5, "Baby Stella" (unofficial until arrival): My DW gets the pleasure of carrying our second daughter in her belly on this trip. She's due the end of June. Our new addition is the unofficial reason for this spur of the moment trip!

Not the best picture of me, it was July, and I was MELTING.
DisneyPhotoImage5.jpg

As I mentioned, I have been diligently doing my best to Disney brainwash our DD. It isn't very hard, actually. It just seemed like a good idea - Disney seems to be something that transcends age and time for some people, so hopefully it is something that we can always enjoy as a family, even when we enter the "difficult" ages. It worked for my parents, I'm sure it will work for us.

DD is the quintessential Princess. She will wear a dress everyday if given the chance. We even have to let her wear her shirts untucked most of the time and we tell her they're "shirt dresses" and the pants are to keep her legs warm. Anyhow, she loves all the Princesses, and loves going to Disney. We tentatively planned, after our first trip there, to try to go every year. Unfortunately, our jobs restrict our travel times quite a bit - I work in agriculture, and DW is in education. SOOOO...the wonderful, huge break she gets in the summer is the busiest time for me for the most part. On the flip side, the winter months when I have time available, not so good for her. So we have to work with, like, Thanksgiving, Easter (when it's early), and late summer.

Well, we were planning on going back again this late July and try to swing an annual pass double trip, but then we got thrown a wrench - DW became with child "later than expected". We had "scheduled" that to happen a few months earlier, but whatever. Anyhow, the fact then became two choices: take a 1 month old to Disney in July, or no trip in 2008. We were actually thinking about trying the July trip, but commonsense prevailed. There were just way to many variables out of our control to feel comfortable with that, plus Florida in July with a 1 month old could be one of the tougher vacations.

So about 2 months ago, DW hatched the idea about returning over Easter, which is also her spring break. I wasn't really sure if I could swing it, but winter has been wet and cold here, so spring fieldwork is looking like it is going to be delayed, so....I talked myself into it. So with less than 30 days to go, over the busiest time of the year, we booked a trip. A PLANNERS NIGHTMARE!

I was secretly hoping to find a deal. I had never traveled during the spring break month to WDW, so I had no idea what availability or pricing would be like. One thing was decided rather easily - we would stay at Coronado Springs if possible. DW and I stayed there shortly after it was built, sans kids. and took a liking to it. We finally returned there just this July with DD, and found it a great place for families. The dates? March 21st - 26th. Allowing us to have as many days as possible, yet only lose a few work days.

Hey, good start so far. Although I have to say I am very curious about how you and your DW were at Disney together but not together. :rotfl2:

Your daughter is adorable!

Our dates actually cross! My DD and I are going from March 25 - 30! Beware - spring break, esp around Easter, is very very busy at Disney! But I would rather be in a super busy Disney park than anywhere else!

We are staying at Pop Century...mostly because for the amount of time we will actually spend in the room, spending anymore on a resort wasn't worth it. I actually would have loved to stay in the Poly, but it was DOUBLE what it was to stay at Pop (and I was just at the Poly in Oct 07 so I had a hard time selling that one to the DH! :lmao:)

Have a great trip!
Jes

Hey, good start so far. Although I have to say I am very curious about how you and your DW were at Disney together but not together. :rotfl2:

That's an easy one, actually not as interesting as you'd think...we were acquaintances in High School, from different schools but ran in the same circles so to speak. It actually worked out that her marching band marched at WDW for the Music Days while we were there on a family vacation. SO I watched her march at WDW. Plus, as an interesting sidenote, two of my best friends were in her band too, so the actually skipped out on a day scheduled with the band (without getting caught) to come over to CBR where we were staying and hang out at the pool!

Thanks for the compliment about DD. I am fully aware that she does not get her looks from me!!!

I am preparing myself for the busy time. We've been there other pretty busy times, I think it's mainly about what your expectations are. As you can probably figure, traveling with a 3YO and a pregnant lady, we're not going commando! It will be heavily planned, but, frankly, we go mainly for DD. So we go at her speed. More on all that in an upcoming post though!

Thanks for reading this! Maybe it won't be a bust after all!!!!

I had to read because my dd has been 4 times by 4 and we are headed back to make it 5 visits before age 5. I will be going too as a pregnant lady so your report might be very helpful. Also I love to plan.... and 90 days away did not lend the typical time to plan that I like. Looking for more!

Thanks for showing up, ILUV! Will continue with more more more today when the princess naps! I will be gleaning your reports as well...we obsessed parents with toddlers have to stick together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter