• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are You Frickin’ Kidding Me? An Aug/Sep Surprise Trip... (12/01) Hakuna Matata

I just found your report. I am all caught up and am excited to continue to read along! The beach portion of your trip sounds like the perfect beginning to your vacation. The promotional photos are beautiful!
:welcome: Glad you managed to jump on board this very slow moving train!
The beach part was a lot of fun. I'm really glad we decided to do it.

I just finally managed to get all the pictures arranged for the next day so I can finally get down to actually writing the next update which means it should be out sometime... well sometime anyway :blush:

I cannot believe how long it has taken me to get this update finished.
Between work, the CF walk, PrincessK's activites, and starting to plan another trip, I can't seem to find a minute to myself.

Ah well.
Good things are worth waiting for.
Right?...
Right?...

Moving on.

You Said a Bigger Number
August 25, 2015

I had a terrible time falling asleep.

I think I was more excited than the first time I went to Disney World. I kept picturing PrincessK’s face lighting up as she saw the castle for the first time, or met her first princess, or took her first ride.

The more I thought about it the more excited I got.
The more excited I got the less I could sleep.
The less I could sleep the more I thought about it.

It was a vicious cycle.

Eventually I had to pull out the old standby: a trip down Main Street.

Since my first trip to Disney, whenever I’m having a really hard time sleeping I visualize myself walking into Magic Kingdom and strolling down Main Street. I think about the sights, sounds, and smells. It keeps my brain working just hard enough that I can’t think about whatever is keeping me awake. Eventually I drift off… usually before I make it halfway down the street.

I awoke some time later. It was still dark so I knew it was early but figured it had to be late enough to justify getting out of bed…

Nope 3 AM.

Back down Main Street I go….
A while later my eyes popped open. Surely it must be late enough now…

Nope 4 AM.

Alright. One more trip down Main Street.
Again I awake to a dark and quiet room. Now???

Hmmm 5 AM.

Still early but…
Maybe I can just slip out of bed quietly.
Then what?
What am I going to do that won’t wake Grumpy and PrincessK?
I could try to get dressed in the dark.
Or I could be smart and bring my clothes to the bathroom to get dressed.
Of course if I get up I’ll likely need to use the bathroom.
Wonder if the toilet flushing will wake them.
PrincessK would probably sleep through it she’s a pretty heavy sleeper.
Grumpy would probably wake up.
If I woke him up would he be mad?
I’d probably be mad if I managed to sleep and he woke me up.
Maybe I should just try to go back to….

Grumpy got out of bed.

I stayed in bed while he went to the bathroom.
He returned, plopped into his bed and grabbed the iPad.

“Can’t sleep anymore either”?

He looked up and laughed.
“Nope”

I decided I might as well get up.
I went to the bathroom and when I came back out PrincessK was awake... sort of.

She still looked pretty tired but she had a big smile on her face.

“Morning momma”
“Morning princess”

Grumpy and I shared a look.
It was early but if we started getting ready we could possibly make opening.

“Come on princess it’s time to do breathing.”

While I did PrincessK's breathing, Grumpy checked the camera.
I couldn't believe it, it was working!

AM_05_37_Breathing_zpsaluyklsi.png

Can you tell which one of us knew we were going to Disney that morning?
How about which one of us got burnt? :headache:

After we finished breathing we made quick work of getting ready and packing up.
I made my way across the room starting at the end furthest from the door.
I picked everything up and organized it in front of the door.
When I got to the bathroom I grabbed the things off the counter and then turned and grabbed the bathing suits off the rack. I didn’t bother rechecking the tub because I remembered packing up the toiletries the night before…

By 6:30 we were checked out and on the road.

PrincessK jumped right into watching a movie on the iPad which was perfect because it meant she wasn’t looking out the window. We had told her we were just going to try out a new hotel and she seemed satisfied with that but I wasn’t sure if it would hold up if she saw any of the billboards.

Grumpy and I cranked up our music and jammed along as we drove.
We reached Orlando and I had a second of panic when I noticed how heavy traffic was and remembered that it was a weekday. Luckily we were early enough that traffic was moving along just fine.

As we approached the exits for Disney World my heart was racing.
I kept looking in the rear-view mirror to see if PrincessK was looking.
I’m not sure how I thought the 3 year old that couldn’t read yet would know that the plain green sign said “Disney Wold Exits” but I was so nervous.

As we pulled onto our exit I turned down the radio and got the phone ready.
As soon as I could make out the sign up ahead I turned around.

(click to see the video)

It was everything I could have hoped for.
She was so happy and excited.

Once passed the magical gates it didn’t take long for us to arrive at our destination.
Our home for the next 10 days… Disney’s Art of Animation Resort!

When we first looked at booking this trip we really wanted to stay at POFQ since that’s our favourite resort. Unfortunately that one was not included in the free dining promotion. We threw around a bunch of different options but eventually landed on a family suite at AoA.

It turned out to be a great choice. Having our own room when PrincessK went to bed early was wonderful and the kitchenette was really handy. Plus two bathrooms… need I say more?

We arrived at the resort at 7:35 am. I went to get us checked in while Grumpy took PrincessK to explore.
The check-in process was a breeze and soon, magic bands in hand, I was ready to catch up with my happy explorers.

While I was checking in, Grumpy and PrincessK met a lovely CM who it turned out also had a daughter that played basketball. He and Grumpy shared stories while PrincessK ran around and checked out all the machines in the arcade.

They were just leaving the arcade as I walked in.

“All set?”
“Yeppers. Here’s your band.”

I handed Grumpy his band and then put PrincessK’s on her wrist.

“It’s pink! How did they know that’s my favourite?!”
“That’s the magic of Disney.”

Not surprisingly our room was not ready so we made our way back to the car to drop off everything we didn’t need. I grabbed the bag with PrincessK’s meds and dropped the camera in it. Then I put my purse and cell phone in the trunk since I wouldn’t be needing those.

Once organized we locked up the car and made our way to the bus stops.
I snapped this picture of a very excited PrincessK while we waited.

AM_08_04_Waiting_Bus_zpsi2ylkul1.jpg

As you can see it was already very hot.

Thankfully the wait was short.

I was a bit concerned as the bus pulled up since the line was very long. It was a double bus so we did manage to get on though we were standing.

I had to laugh because PrincessK was very excited to be on a bus. She hadn’t ridden one that she could remember and thought it was the greatest thing. Though she was quite perturbed that we were standing and I had to convince her that we wouldn’t get in any trouble.

We arrived at Magic Kingdom and hopped off the bus.
PrincessK skipped and jumped all the way down the walkway, the smile never leaving her face.

We arrived with plenty of time before opening… almost too much time.
It was unbelievably hot.
People were already crowded in to any space that was shaded so we had no choice but to wait out in the sun.

Grumpy and I were fine with it (at least Grumpy didn’t complain) but I was a bit worried about PrincessK. She didn’t appear bothered by it but she was so excited I doubt she’d have noticed if her arm had suddenly dropped off her body.

There really wasn’t much I could do about it so we just continued to wait.

When opening started Grumpy put PrincessK up on his shoulders and I grabbed the camera to capture the look of wonder and awe on her face.

….

Or I would have if the camera had worked :sad2:

I took a picture and then checked it and the screen was blank.
My heart sank.

The camera was dead. Again.
And I missed capturing that first moment.

The moment that I had been waiting to see.
The one where she realizes that magic is real.
The moment that she will hopefully hold in her heart forever… because I know I will.

I have never seen such a look of pure joy.

There may have been some tears… or my eyes were sweating from the ridiculous heat.
Could have been either really.

Once opening was over Grumpy set PrincessK down and asked how the pictures turned out.
He obviously hadn’t been able to see her face since she was on his shoulder so he wanted to take a look.

“Um. Well. The camera’s dead. Again.”
“That sucks”
“Yeah.”
“Well I guess you’ll just have to use your cell phone”
“Right… I left it in the car”

He was not impressed.

Honestly, I’m not sure why I didn’t bring it. Looking back it didn’t make much sense. We’d bought a US text plan so that BGirl could get a hold of us if she needed to which clearly wasn’t going to happen with it locked safely in the trunk.

In my defence I’d had the phone less than a month so I wasn’t really use to carrying it.

I was very glad at that moment that we had purchased the memory maker.

After opening we headed in to the park and straight to City Hall.
PrincessK was absolutely pouring sweat and it was clear that the heat was going to be an issue.

We entered the building and I explained to the CM directing traffic at the entrance what we were there for. She smiled and pointed me to the CM behind the counter.

The process for getting PrincessK’s DAS was pretty straightforward.
We explained her needs and the CM explained the procedure.
And that was it.
She took PrincessK’s picture and scanned all our bands (including BGirls which I had actually remembered) and then we were on our way.

We stopped at the benches just before the exit of the building to give PrincessK some Hydralyte and a chance to cool off a bit more.

Once we were satisfied that she was no longer at risk for heat exhaustion or dehydration, we made our way out of the building toward Main Street.
PrincessK skipped and jumped down the street taking it all in.

We didn’t have much of a plan that morning.
When we booked the trip I wasn’t sure exactly what time we would arrive so the only Fastpass I had for that morning wasn’t until 10:45.

We stopped in front of the castle for our very first pictures.

AM_08_58_MainStreet_1_zpsn8xalfow.jpeg

PrincessK not looking at the camera would become a theme throughout the trip.

AM_08_58_MainStreet_2_zpsmwophifo.jpeg

Once finished our pictures I lead us toward the hub and then took a slight jog to the right.
I didn’t have a clear plan but I did have an idea in mind for what PrincessK might want to do.

Up Next: They're Really Real!

Last edited:

What a shame about your camera but yay you're in Disney and PrincessK looks absolutely thrilled :goodvibes

Love reading your report so far. Cannot wait to see how she enjoyed her first day at the park.

Oh my goodness, the video was ADORABLE!!! She was so excited about going to Disney World at only 3 years old! She is just precious!!!

I totally understand about not being able to sleep, I wouldn't have been able to either.

Bummer about your camera, I'm glad that you have memory maker though!

Between work, the CF walk, PrincessK's activites, and starting to plan another trip, I can't seem to find a minute to myself.

Hey! How was the CF walk? Did you get hounded by the paparazzi and autograph seekers?

Ah well.
Good things are worth waiting for.
Right?... Right?...

Hello? Is this thing on?

I had a terrible time falling asleep.

Try waiting for an update to your TR!

I'm gonna get in trouble for that one, aren't I.

I think I was more excited than the first time I went to Disney World. I kept picturing PrincessK’s face lighting up as she saw the castle for the first time, or met her first princess, or took her first ride.

Oh, man. I remember that like it was yesterday with our DDs first trip.

The more I thought about it the more excited I got.
The more excited I got the less I could sleep.
The less I could sleep the more I thought about it.

It was a vicious cycle.

::yes::

Since my first trip to Disney, whenever I’m having a really hard time sleeping I visualize myself walking into Magic Kingdom and strolling down Main Street. I think about the sights, sounds, and smells. It keeps my brain working just hard enough that I can’t think about whatever is keeping me awake. Eventually I drift off… usually before I make it halfway down the street.

Not a bad trick. I should try that.

I awoke some time later. It was still dark so I knew it was early but figured it had to be late enough to justify getting out of bed…

Nope 3 AM.

Oh, no! :laughing:

Nope 4 AM.

:sad2: You're not doing all that well on the whole sleep thing.

What am I going to do that won’t wake Grumpy and PrincessK?
I could try to get dressed in the dark.

Yeah. 'Cause that'll work well.
"Honey? Why is your shirt on inside out?"

While I did PrincessK's breathing, Grumpy checked the camera.
I couldn't believe it, it was working!

Yes! (or at least it's "yes!" until I read the rest of the update.)

Can you tell which one of us knew we were going to Disney that morning?

::yes::

How about which one of us got burnt? :headache:

No comment.

After we finished breathing

No! Don't stop breathing!

I didn’t bother rechecking the tub because I remembered packing up the toiletries the night before…

Oh.... no...

PrincessK jumped right into watching a movie on the iPad which was perfect because it meant she wasn’t looking out the window.

The one time you don't want her looking out the window.

I’m not sure how I thought the 3 year old that couldn’t read yet would know that the plain green sign said “Disney Wold Exits” but I was so nervous.

Oh, they know.... They know.

(click to see the video)

Geez! Could you warn a fella before you do that!
Darned dust motes keep getting in my eyes.

"I'm still three and I'm going to Disneyworld" Oh. My. Gawd.

It turned out to be a great choice. Having our own room when PrincessK went to bed early was wonderful and the kitchenette was really handy.

:thumbsup2

“It’s pink! How did they know that’s my favourite?!”
“That’s the magic of Disney.”

:goodvibes

As you can see it was already very hot.

Hot? In Florida? Is that a thing?

I had to laugh because PrincessK was very excited to be on a bus. She hadn’t ridden one that she could remember and thought it was the greatest thing.

:laughing: I remember taking my DDs for a bus ride when they were little.
OMG, they were sooo excited.

And this wasn't a Disney bus, just a regular city transit bus.

Though she was quite perturbed that we were standing and I had to convince her that we wouldn’t get in any trouble.

:laughing:

PrincessK skipped and jumped all the way down the walkway, the smile never leaving her face.

Awwww!!!!

Or I would have if the camera had worked :sad2:

I took a picture and then checked it and the screen was blank.
My heart sank.

Oh, shoot! That sucks!

And I missed capturing that first moment.

Dang. Well, you'll always have the memories.

There may have been some tears… or my eyes were sweating from the ridiculous heat.
Could have been either really.

Yeah. That's what it was. Sweat. I was sweating into my eyes when I watched that video you posted.

In my defence I’d had the phone less than a month so I wasn’t really use to carrying it.

Nope. Your honour the defense hasn't adequately explained her transgression.

PrincessK skipped and jumped down the street taking it all in.

:goodvibes :goodvibes

PrincessK not looking at the camera would become a theme throughout the trip.

AM_08_58_MainStreet_2_zpsmwophifo.jpeg

I kinda like that she's not looking at the camera. Great pic!

Yay an update! And Disney! She looks so happy to be there.
Oh she was!

What a shame about your camera but yay you're in Disney and PrincessK looks absolutely thrilled :goodvibes
Stupid camera. But yeah for finally being in Disney!
PrincessK was over the moon!

Ugh, I am familiar with that night time hobby. I now have several boring long books on my iPod - I turn them on, pop in one headphone, and bore myself back to sleep.
:laughing:

Awwww, and she's only 3! You guys and your surprise fibs, lol! I hope you really enjoyed your day without your camera - hoping that you find it a bit freeing to just enjoy the moment, carry one less thing, and use the Photo Pass photographers :)
I guess it was a bit freeing in the sense that I didn't feel pressured to take pictures... but there were definitely moments that I wished I could have captured.

Love reading your report so far. Cannot wait to see how she enjoyed her first day at the park.
:welcome: Thanks for joining in.
It's a bit of a slow moving train but I'm hoping it will gain some momentum.

Oh my goodness, the video was ADORABLE!!! She was so excited about going to Disney World at only 3 years old! She is just precious!!!
Thanks! The "only 3 years old thing" is kinda funny. She'd asked about Disney World a couple of months prior to the trip thanks to BGirl bringing out an old photo album. We told her that it was something she could do when she was older. Which turned into a "negotiation" on just how old that meant.

Oh and :welcome:.

Hey! How was the CF walk? Did you get hounded by the paparazzi and autograph seekers?
Sorry that was misleading. It should really have said "organizing the CF walk". The walk is actually in May so we'll have to wait until then to be hounded by the paparazzi. Though I did get approached to have PrincessK be the face of another campaign...

Try waiting for an update to your TR!
:blush:

I'm gonna get in trouble for that one, aren't I.
Nope I totally deserved that one!

Oh.... no...
Oh yes...

Geez! Could you warn a fella before you do that!
Darned dust motes keep getting in my eyes.

"I'm still three and I'm going to Disneyworld" Oh. My. Gawd.
Sorry. I probably should add a "cuteness alert".

Dang. Well, you'll always have the memories.
Yes. Well. True as that may be...

Nope. Your honour the defense hasn't adequately explained her transgression.
Fine. How about:
1. I wasn't used to carrying the phone.
2. I was tired (refer to the start of the update)
3. It was 150000 degrees outside and my brain was melting.
4. It's Disney... I may have been a bit excited.

I've loved reading your posts! It's so exciting to see her fall in love with Disney from the beginning :)
I'm an adult CFer, it's great seeing others out enjoying the parks and having a good time!

I've loved reading your posts! It's so exciting to see her fall in love with Disney from the beginning :)
:welcome: Thanks for joining in. It really is a magical experience taking a little one to Disney for the first time.

I'm an adult CFer, it's great seeing others out enjoying the parks and having a good time!
It's important to get out there and live life to the fullest isn't it?!

Following along...

Have to say that I just love your username and the icon you chose. I love to dance too but I don't imagine I'm any good at it.
What a wonderful surprise trip, especially for PrincessK. That video was so adorable and precious.
Looking forward to reading more.

I just found your trip report and read it all the way through. First I'm so sorry about all the troubles in getting to Disney but so happy the car didn't have major damage. The video you made it all worth while. Your daughter is precious! I'm a little late joining in but at least it's still the first day. I hope you all had a wonderful vacation and look forward to reading along. :wave:

What a wonderful start to the day! So happy getting the DAS was smooth and that everyone seems to be having a good morning at the MK!

Have to say that I just love your username and the icon you chose. I love to dance too but I don't imagine I'm any good at it.
:welcome:
Thanks so much. That's the great thing about dancing, you really don't need to be any good at it... unless you're a professional, then I guess you kinda do... but otherwise it doesn't matter.
My dance teacher used to say "Dance with your heart not your feet". And for me that's what it's all about.

What a wonderful surprise trip, especially for PrincessK. That video was so adorable and precious.
Thanks. She is pretty cute.. not that I am the least bit biased.

Looking forward to reading more.
Lucky for you there should be more soon!

I just found your trip report and read it all the way through.
:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

First I'm so sorry about all the troubles in getting to Disney but so happy the car didn't have major damage.
Amen to that... although it still cost us a pretty penny... why oh why do they have to make everything connect to the bumper in one big piece?!

The video you made it all worth while. Your daughter is precious!
Thanks!

I'm a little late joining in but at least it's still the first day.
Good thing for you I've been really slow :P

I hope you all had a wonderful vacation and look forward to reading along. :wave:
Thanks. I'm looking forward to writing some more... in fact, there should be more soon.

What a wonderful start to the day!
It sure was!

So happy getting the DAS was smooth and that everyone seems to be having a good morning at the MK!
It really was smooth. I was a little unsure since we'd never done it before but it was a super easy process.

They’re Really Real!
August 25, 2015 – Part 2

Without a set destination I steered our group toward “New Fantasyland” which was not open the last time we went. I figured there would be plenty of rides there that PrincessK might enjoy.

When we rounded the corner PrincessK caught sight of something that she just had to ride. So off we went to travel through the 100 Acre Wood.

The ride was pretty much a walk on at that time of morning and within minutes we were climbing into our honey pot.

I can’t say that PrincessK has seen much with Pooh and the gang but she certainly enjoyed the ride.

When we exited we paused a moment in the gift shop to purchase an autograph book and pen. I knew we would eventually end up meeting characters and I wanted to make sure that we were prepared.

It was a good thing I did.

Not two steps outside of the shop:
“Momma the princesses live at Disney World right?”
“Yep they do”
“Even Anna and Elsa?”
“You bet”
“Can I see them?”

By then we were actually standing just outside of their meet.
I glanced at the sign.

45 minutes.

I knew when we booked the trip that PrincessK would want to see these two but because we booked well inside the 60 day fastpass window I was not able to snag any of the coveted passes.

45 minutes was a long time, longer than Grumpy and I would normally wait for a ride, but honestly against the reports I’d read, 45 minutes didn’t seem that bad.

I looked at the queue.
Hmm. Looks like it’s mostly indoors and away from the sun and heat.

“We can but we’ll have to wait quite a long time.”
“That’s okay. I don’t mind.”

And so we hopped in line.

The wait was almost exactly 45 minutes but didn’t feel that long at all.

We got in line behind a lovely family from Minnesota with twin girls just younger than PrincessK.
The girls danced around and talked all things princess while the adults chatted about various Disney related things.

The mother gave us a great tip about removing the outer grey piece from PrincessK’s band so it would fit better. How I hadn’t heard about that before I don’t know, but I was really grateful as it really did fit much more comfortably for her after that.

When we finally entered the room where the sisters were, PrincessK was in total awe.

“I can’t believe they’re really real!”

Two steps.

“Look they’re really real!”

I thought she might yank my arm right out of the socket but luckily it stayed in place.

Elsa was first.

She was as reserved and proper as one would expect the Ice Queen to be and I think PrincessK was a bit intimidated.

She hung back until Elsa called her over and then she made her way over and stopped abruptly, head down.

For a minute it seemed that meeting her favourite princess was going to be just too overwhelming for her.

Elsa reached out and gently took PrincessK’s autograph book from her.
AM_09_54_Elsa_1_zps8ndo2ss3.jpeg

AM_09_54_Elsa_2_zpssjnlsorr.jpeg

She signed the book, set it down and gave PrincessK a big smile.

Then she reached out for a hug and PrincessK dove right in.
AM_09_54_Elsa_3_zpshhob2b7n.jpeg

And oh the joy!
PrincessK clung to her like she would never let go.
Elsa smiled the whole time and looked honestly pleased that PrincessK was so happy.

They took one last picture before it was time to move on.
AM_09_54_Elsa_4b_zpsbdggkkhl.jpeg

Just as Elsa had been, Anna was true to her character.
She was bubbly and energetic and talked almost non-stop.

And PrincessK loved it!

She picked up on Anna’s energy and gone was the shy version of PrincessK that I had never seen before. She was back to her old self, talking up a storm.

While Anna signed PrincessK’s autograph book, PrincessK told her all about how she had a big sister too.
AM_09_55_Anna_1_zpskruohfql.jpeg

They discussed at some length the merits of sisters before moving on to basketball, their favourite activities, and eventually ending with an agreement that PrincessK would visit Anna in Arendelle some time.
It was a wonderful interaction.

Too soon it was time for a final picture.
AM_09_55_Anna_2_zpszdx7pj3a.jpeg

And of course one final hug.
AM_09_55_Anna_3_zpsqpgxyiiw.jpeg

All in all I’d say that PrincessK’s very first character meet was a great success.
She exited the building with a look of pure joy on her face as she skipped and twirled her way out.

It only took a second for PrincessK to find the next thing she wanted to do: Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel.

For the past two years we’ve had season passes to Canada’s Wonderland which is about 2 hours from our house. We’d make the drive and while she’d go on plenty of rides, hands down her favourite ride was the carrousel… well that and the park… yep, that’s right, 2 hour drive to go down some slides :rolleyes2

Needless to say this year we are getting passes to Storybook Gardens which is 20 minutes from our house, infinitely cheaper, and features 3 separate playgrounds.

But I digress.

Where were we?

Ah yes about to ride some horses.

PrincessK thoroughly enjoyed the ride. She was pretty excited that she was allowed to ride the big horses on her own and loved that Grumpy and I could ride too.

After we galloped around in circles for a bit, we made our way over to Mickey’s PhilharMagic.

Grumpy and I quite enjoy this show and thought that PrincessK would as well.
She had never experienced 3D before so she was a little skeptical at first and even claimed to be scared.

Once the show started, as expected, she thought it was wonderful. She reached out to grab everything and smiled the whole way through.

There was one moment that I thought might ruin her good mood…

Spoiler Alert!

If you haven’t seen this show before you might want to skip ahead to ***

You’ve been warned…

As I may have mentioned before, PrincessK is not fond of water on her face so when the brooms started throwing buckets of water I subtly glanced over to see how it was going.

She took a direct hit and for a split second I thought we were done.
The look on her face went from shock… to anger… to amusement?!

Then she laughed!

Ah the magic of Disney.

When the show was over we exited and I started leading our family toward Adventureland.

When we booked the trip I wasn’t sure what time we would make it to Magic Kingdom on the first morning so I only booked one morning fastpass, for Jungle Cruise. The window for it was just opening so I figured we might as well head that way.

We didn’t make it far before we saw the ride… you know that ride. The one with the song that gets permanently etched in your brain.

I don’t know whose idea it was, certainly couldn’t have been mine :rolleyes1

Okay fine. It was mine.
How can you take your child to Disney World for the first time and not go on this classic at least once?

I clearly remember this ride from my first trip and I loved it. Now not so much. But back then I thought it was great.

So did PrincessK enjoy it?

Not so much.
About halfway through the ride she turned to Grumpy and I and said “Can we go on something scary?”

Grumpy and I shared a look and immediately knew exactly where we would head next.

Or I should say which ride we would head to next.
Because where we actually went next was the bathroom.

The last time I’d been to Disney World was before the Tangled bathroom was put in.
I have to say, as far as bathrooms go, this one is pretty nice.

We also filled PrincessK’s cup with water and made her another Hydralyte.
Did I mention yet how hot it was?

As we were leaving the area I spotted something cool.

“Look! These are Maximus’ hoof prints!”

I’m sure the people behind me appreciated the abrupt stop.

Grumpy did his “yeah cool”, which really translates to “I’m going to say this is cool because you think it is and I don’t want you to be mad at me but I really couldn’t care less”.

PrincessK did think it was cool though. So :P

We made our way over to… Haunted Mansion. Because what’s scarier in Magic Kingdom then Haunted Mansion?

In line PrincessK looked a little nervous and I asked her what was wrong.
“You said everything in Disney is real. There’s ghosts here.”

:headache:

I had told her a few month earlier that the princesses lived in Disney World and that it was an amazing place where all the magic was real. I hadn’t anticipated how scary that would make something like Haunted Mansion.

Grumpy came up with a brilliant plan.
“Hey show me your evil laugh”.

I can’t remember exactly why this started (something on TV maybe) but every once in a while the two of them to try outdo each other with their “evil laughs”.

This turned out to be the perfect distraction.
PrincessK was doing her very best “evil laugh” as we approached the CM that was letting people into the mansion. He gave her a one eyebrow look which she thought was hilarious.

Inside she was pretty nervous and clung to me tightly in the stretching room.

When we got into the loading area she had a face that said she might bolt.
“That was a great evil laugh you gave him at the entrance. I think he was scared of you.”
“Watch me get her!”

She “evil laughed” at both the CMs helping with the loading.
The first didn’t really hear her but the second one responded with a stern look.

I was pretty impressed with the CM’s ability to stay in character because I have to say that PrincessK’s “evil laugh” is hilarious. I really wish I’d had my phone so I could have caught some video of it.

The ride went fairly well though PrincessK wasn’t exactly pleased with our choice.
“This is not the kind of scary I wanted. I meant something like Thunder Run”

Thunder Run is a coaster at Canada’s Wonderland that goes through a mountain… vaguely similar to one at Disney World… though not nearly as good in my opinion.

As we exited our doombuggy PrincessK spotted another CM, jumped in front of her and gave her best “evil laugh”… and the CM laughed.

I can’t blame her. It was pretty funny.
It was also the first time I’d ever seen a CM at Haunted Mansion break character.

Leave it to PrincessK.

Once safely outside the mansion we took a moment to adjust to the brightness of the Florida sun before heading on our way. Given PrincessK’s scolding on Haunted Mansion it was pretty clear where we needed to head to next… and it wasn’t to use our fastpass.

Up Next: Does This Seem Like a 20 Minute Line?

Last edited:
PrincessK clung to her like she would never let go.
Elsa smiled the whole time and looked honestly pleased that PrincessK was so happy.

Aw. Those were some great photos!

All in all I’d say that PrincessK’s very first character meet was a great success.
She exited the building with a look of pure joy on her face as she skipped and twirled her way out.

Yay! :)

We made our way over to… Haunted Mansion. Because what’s scarier in Magic Kingdom then Haunted Mansion?

Of course!

In line PrincessK looked a little nervous and I asked her what was wrong.
“You said everything in Disney is real. There’s ghosts here.”

Oops!

Lol. Evil laughs for the win!

I can’t blame her. It was pretty funny.
It was also the first time I’d ever seen a CM at Haunted Mansion break character.

Cute!

I can’t say that PrincessK has seen much with Pooh and the gang but she certainly enjoyed the ride

This reminds me of the time when my sister was 7 and got so emotional when she saw Pooh. The rest of us had no idea where it came from since she had not seen much of Pooh and his gang either

Awwwwww. And such great pics too

I can’t remember exactly why this started (something on TV maybe) but every once in a while the two of them to try outdo each other with their “evil laughs”.

I do this with my young cousins and nephews/niece too. It sure is fun channeling our inner villains

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter