Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

I started reading your trip report as well as others' in December, as we grew closer to our own sail date, to build my own excitement for our cruise. We returned on Friday and I finished reading yours today. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, just as everyone else has! I appreciate your sense of humor and most of all your positive attitude. Such a fun read, despite the minor disasters you suffered. I hope the new year brings you health, happiness, and problem-free travel!

How kind of you to post and I hope you enjoyed your cruise? Thank you for reading it's good to know my words are entertaining and not a yawn fest lol! Thank you for commenting.

How kind of you to post and I hope you enjoyed your cruise? Thank you for reading it's good to know my words are entertaining and not a yawn fest lol! Thank you for commenting.
We did have a GREAT cruise! We booked a place holder, but not sure where we will go next. The kids are dying to visit London, so perhaps we'll do something in Europe in the summer 2018!

We did have a GREAT cruise! We booked a place holder, but not sure where we will go next. The kids are dying to visit London, so perhaps we'll do something in Europe in the summer 2018!

So thrilled that you enjoyed your cruise! Great re seeing our Captial city! It is a lovely little village if I do say so myself... a Europe cruise sounds wonderful. Make sure you remortgage the house..

Hello Everyone

I hope you are all enjoying your new year.

Update from the UK which is frozen ever after... The kingdom is at a standstill after two flakes of snow have fallen. Flights cancelled, people in a panic... You would think it was the end of the world. Here is our Ardendelle garden..

image.jpeg

LOL!! I live in Phoenix, Arizona. We moved here only a year and a half ago, from far-colder Maryland. My kids wear shorts and t-shirts almost all the time. The other children at their school wear furry boots and puffy coats once the temperatures dip into the 60s (F). They would have to close the school for a single flake of snow!

LOL!! I live in Phoenix, Arizona. We moved here only a year and a half ago, from far-colder Maryland. My kids wear shorts and t-shirts almost all the time. The other children at their school wear furry boots and puffy coats once the temperatures dip into the 60s (F). They would have to close the school for a single flake of snow!

Lol. I can imagine. I can just picture your kids wearing shorts and tees next to locals looking like eskimos..

I gather that things are quite rough not too far from you. Fortunately so far we have got away with it in Manchester.

Corinna

They evacuated some Essex costal houses but it was not as bad as they feared thank goodness! They all returned to their homes today. It is always when they announce warnings that it is never as bad I find it is when it appears ably of the blue it is worse.

They evacuated some Essex costal houses but it was not as bad as they feared thank goodness! They all returned to their homes today. It is always when they announce warnings that it is never as bad I find it is when it appears ably of the blue it is worse.

I read this morning that the worst fortunately did not materialise. I am a graduate of the University of Essex, which is not too far from the affected areas so I did follow the news very nervously.

Corinna

So glad the treacherous weather did not reach you. Here in Georgia , lots of snow was predicted about a week ago and everybody went running to the grocery store for milk , bread and peanut butter (some of us for copious amounts of wine ) only to have it far less severe than predicted. Thankfully ! We Southerners do not deal well with ice and snow...it shuts us down.

Have enjoyed your TR and so happy to hear that your fur baby , Huey , is thriving. They are our hearts.

Joining the party a little late. What an amazing trip you had. Sorry about your wheelchair in the end. I gasped when I saw the picture of Jack Sparrow. I have only recently watched all 4 pirates movies and fell in love with Jack Sparrow.. I think I need another Disney trip just to try find him :)

Last edited:
If snow like that happened in LA, they would declare a state of emergency and everything would shut down but the police and hospitals!

JI gasped when I saw the picture of Jack Sparrow. I have only recently watched all 4 pirates movies and fell in love with Jack Sparrow.. I think I need another Disney trip just to try find him :)

Jack Sparrow is meeting and greeting at Disneyland Paris at the moment. I am heading there for a couple of days on the 24th and I was surprised to find him on the times guide for this week. I suppose it is meant to get people in the mood for the updates to Pirates of the Caribbean, which will feature Jack Sparrow.

If snow like that happened in LA, they would declare a state of emergency and everything would shut down but the police and hospitals!

It is not unlike this in the UK. Three flakes of snow and everything grinds to a standstill.

Corinna

My mother used to love Agatha Christie novels and she always thought that the UK must get masses of snow in the winter because people are always snowed in in those stories. In the 90s we started to spend Christmas breaks in the UK (mainly Corwall, but also Wales) and my mother was so surprised that there was never any snow. Then one trip there was about half an inch of snow and we were "snowed in". She then understood that it was a question of perspective... We used to live in an area where there was regularly a foot of snow or more during the winter and no one was ever snowed in for more than a couple of hours.

Hope you will thaw soon! :goodvibes

Jack Sparrow is meeting and greeting at Disneyland Paris at the moment. I am heading there for a couple of days on the 24th and I was surprised to find him on the times guide for this week. I suppose it is meant to get people in the mood for the updates to Pirates of the Caribbean, which will feature Jack Sparrow.
I hope they keep him :) I'm hoping to get back there either this year or very early next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter