Are there any pictures of the Murphy bed in the Family Cabins? Thinking of switching

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
Just a thought on my part. When we got back to the room in the evening, it was always nice to collapse on the couch to chill before preparing for bed. We would lose that if the couch has to be made into a bed every night. If we has the Murphy pull down that would solve that problem.

OK, I'm obsessing over the no twin bed thing. I'll admit it. I know it will all be fine, but I just think it is so dumb not to have the twin bed option.

Kim

Would you really be comfortable sleeping in a bed named after the law? :rolleyes:

There is at least one photo on the Passporter website under Cruise Photos.
It looks pretty comfortable!

Teresa has been in a stateroom with a murphy bed.
Maybe you can ask her.

We loved this room!!! Grace had the Murphy bed and loved it. I loved the extra space in the room.

T.:)

Is the murphy bed sort of like a bunk bed? Folds out from the wall? It is the one that has stars in the ceiling?

Is one available in all stateroom categories? Would I find one in an 11A? Does the room with the "extra" bed cost more?

Kim, it would mean that in order to be able to "collapse on the couch to chill before preparing for bed", you would have a bed made up and ready right over your head as chilled out. Would you mind climbing up to the bed?

My first cruise was with my mother and uncle fifteen years ago. They had the split bed. I was in the bed that folded out from the wall. I had to climb a ladder to get in. But I could put my fourteen years younger than me sister in the high bunk!

Is the fold out of the wall more comfortable than the sofa bed?

A Murphy bed basically has a hinge at the headboard and the bed folds up so the length of the bed is against the wall. The pull down berth is hinged along the side. I think they only pull those down if there are 4 or more people in a cabin. The Murphy bed is only in the cat 4A family cabin, if I remember correctly.

Kim

I don't have a clue how to post a pic here. I will put it on my facebook wall.

T.

To post pictures on the forums, you have to have the pictures on a site like Flickr or SmugMug. To post you do it like this:

The picture will appear in the place of the bracketed information.

I hope this helps.

Kim

WE just got off the Dream yesterday, and had room 7140 (category 4C). Unless you are not using both the couch and the "ceiling bed", then you could not sit on the couch (ie the ceiling bed hangs directly over the couch).

My 11 yr old son slept on the murphy bed, my twins on the couch/ceiling bed and I had the "bed". Everyone was more than comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!