Are Reservations Needed At Boma and Sanaa?

HuricaneSugar

Earning My Ears
Hello,

In late October we will be staying at AKL. We are planning on trying to do one dinner and possibly one breakfast at Boma. There are only two of us so I made sure to grab a dinner reservation for the time we wanted. When it comes to breakfast, do you think we will have to make a reservation? We'll probably try to find an ADR the day before but I wasn't sure if we would need to make one earlier than that.

In the case of Sanaa, we were planning on grabbing lunch there one day, but it would be after we get back from Blizzard Beach so we don't want to be locked in to a time. If we must, then we will make a reservation. I appreciate any insights or experience you can provide!

Yes. Boma is very popular so I wouldsuggest booking your ADR. Sanaa as well if you really want to go and do not have too much wiggle room in regards to date or time.

Personally...I would. Whenever I've been to Boma, it's been packed. As for Sanaa, while not as many people head over to AKL, on our last visit, there was a decent crowd and no open tables...unlike the ghost town we had our first couple of times.

If you have your heart set on it and want a guarantee, then you need a reservation. Disney dining can be unpredictable. Some places where you don't need an ADR can surprise you and say they aren't taking walk-ups, and sometimes places where you know they need an ADR may give you some pixie dust and squeeze you in.

If you want to wing it, you can just wait and see how it goes.

For Boma I would definitely make an ADR. We've been there for breakfast and dinner and had to wait a short time for both.

Sanaa, we've had lunch a few times there. We always arrive super early - we always allow 90 minutes for transportation and are typically there within 45. We have always been seated right away, and the restaurant was half empty every time. They did still make us take a buzzer almost every time, but we didn't even get seated in the waiting area before the buzzer went off. You would probably have a good chance of getting a table there without an ADR, but if you can, I still suggest making one, just in case.

Boma: Agree with everyone else. Make the ADR

Sanaa: If it were me, I'd log into the app when I decided to leave BB and book an ADR for later that afternoon.

i would for both. We did the breakfast buffet and it was packed right up to the last reservation. hen we have eaten at Jiko in the evening, Boma is still packed.
Last month, we ate at Sanaa, glad we had a reservation as it was full as well. The bread service is truely that good.

I believe Sanaa participates in Open Table so you could use that to make a reservation closer to the date and have more flexibility for canceling or changing time

Boma, yes.

Sanaa - if you're up for it, you can eat in the bar/lounge and you won't need a reservation for that even if the restaurant is full.

ASSUMING there is space in the bar/lounge. I counted on doing that not once, but twice (I'm a slow learner!) and both times there was no space. even waited 20-30 minutes and still nothing opened up.

Thank you to everyone who responded! I ended up making a breakfast reservation for Boma, and will try for a day of ADR for lunch at Sanaa either on MDE or OpenTable. We're fine with eating at the lounge, so no worries there. If we can't get in then we'll settle for Food and Wine booths or a World Showcase lunch pending availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter