• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are convention rates better than AAA rates?

welovedis

Disneyland here we come!
We just found out that a group DH is affiliated with is holding their yearly convention at CSR next June/July-yippee!

In addition to figuring out what the heck to do with my 9 day MYW (expiring) PH tickets that I bought, I wondered about rates for the hotel. Does anyone have experience with convention rates? It would be during regular season and if we book a standard room we'd pay $131.75(before tax)/$146.90 (with tax) with our AAA discount. Are convention rates typically better or not?

If not, I'll probably go ahead and book my room now with an AAA discount and then just wait and see. Now if I can find out how much convention tickets would be, I'd be all set! :)

I found these 2 for next year when I did a search on google. The first was $119.00 (+ tax), and the second was $130 (+ tax) per night. I think it varies depending on the size of the convention and length of stay.

It does vary greatly.

Sometimes you can get a wonderful rate with a convention.sometime you can't.

Also if your convention is at the D/S then you will only receive a discount of these hotels not any WDW.

with WDW sometimes you only receive a discount with the place that has the convention - other times they also open other resorts to you.

so hope that this convention is big!!!!

Thanks for the replies! The convention is going to be held at CSR for sure, they announced it this past weekend at the 2005 convention in DC. While I'm not certain how large it will be, I'll have to wait and see what the specific rates are. I may just go ahead and book a room with a AAA discount & then see that the convention rate is (when it comes out).

Thanks again! :)

I was at the Cherished Teddies Convention last September. Our rates were $99 per night! I think,not sure,that was better than AAA rates.

When I went to a convention and stayed at CSR the convention rate was much higher than what I could get by using AAA or special codes.

Wait to see what the convention rates will be. My husband and I were in Orlando for a conference this past May, and they were offering YC/BC for $142/night. It filled up really fast though.

Good Luck!!!

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter