April Challenge ~ Scrapbookers are Angels at Saving Memories! Winner Macca1111!!!

I did 15 pages at a crop today and 2 yesterday that I forgot to post. So 17 total for the weekend. :banana:

Well girls I have been totally lazy since I needed a new blade for my Cricut. Finally got back going. I am getting about 100 pics printed this week so I can really kick things into high gear. But I have 2 done so far this month and 4 more pages that just need titles so let's call it 6 :)

question:

would putting cards into an album count towards pages?? I have finally gathered all of our cards (birthday, wedding, anniversary etc) into a bin but I want to put them in albums. I also have MIL's cards to do.
No papers embellishments, etc just cards and maybe a few personal notes.

Would it count?

If you journal, in my view, it's a scrapbook. I DARE you to put them in albums without commentg - I sure couldn't!

question:

would putting cards into an album count towards pages?? I have finally gathered all of our cards (birthday, wedding, anniversary etc) into a bin but I want to put them in albums. I also have MIL's cards to do.
No papers embellishments, etc just cards and maybe a few personal notes.

Would it count?

I count it :) I do this for DS's birthday cards, valentines etc. I usually make a pocket and use some patterned paper so it counts.

I sorted MIL's cards last night. there weren't as many as I thought, so there must be another box somewhere.

I need to put her cards on hold because they smell like smoke so I need to air them out before I put them in something. The living room smelled awful last night when I was done! I'm going to put them in a plastic bin with a bar of soap and seal it up for a few weeks, that usually works.

I'm going to work on my cards instead but I have 17 years worth of wedding, anniversary, bday, and holiday cards! That's gonna take some time! But one advantage is that we date cards (got that from Grandma) so I can get those is order pretty quickly. I hope to start those tonight.

ETA: and there apparently will be journalling when MIL's friends wrote on the back of the card, I'm going to type it out next to the card because some are really hard to read.

I sorted MIL's cards last night. there weren't as many as I thought, so there must be another box somewhere.

I need to put her cards on hold because they smell like smoke so I need to air them out before I put them in something. The living room smelled awful last night when I was done! I'm going to put them in a plastic bin with a bar of soap and seal it up for a few weeks, that usually works.

I'm going to work on my cards instead but I have 17 years worth of wedding, anniversary, bday, and holiday cards! That's gonna take some time! But one advantage is that we date cards (got that from Grandma) so I can get those is order pretty quickly. I hope to start those tonight.

ETA: and there apparently will be journalling when MIL's friends wrote on the back of the card, I'm going to type it out next to the card because some are really hard to read.

Buffy put them in a grocery bag and put a bar of dial soap in.. tie it up and let it set for a few days... takes the smell out.. have done it here w/ old books.. :)

Thanks for those helpful hints. I had never thought or heard of that before.
Dial is one of those "miracle" items!
Yes, Buffy, count them. You still have to decide how to lay them out, what would look good with something else, etc. and its still "scrapbooking".
I have all of my shower and wedding cards like that and have a ton of cards everywhere else.

No crops around here so I'm staying home and scrapping.

My goal is 31 for April I've done 10 so far. Gonna try to get 10 done today. Hey, a girl can dream lol
I can't find the March update post so I don't remember if I checked in for March. I did 30 for March.

10 more please. 10 away from monthly goal and if I would just finish up a couple I would be there. that book I made for DS BF helped alot this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter