April Car Rental Watch

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
I did not see a watch started for April. So here it goes. Reserved a minivan through Alamo for 4/23 to 5/2 using coupon code AD2823JAZ found in the March thread. As an Insider got a rate of $362.20. I hope to get it lower!

Looking for a minivan from April 1 - 11, 2017. Rates are crazy right now! Hope rates come down. Cheapest I can find is 579.00

... coupon code AD2823JAZ found in the March thread.
Thank you for the ALAMO Code for use in 2017

All the other codes I could find here-and-there .. had the last use date 12/31/2016

My start date is April 29th 2017 .. AD2823JAZ .. saved me approx $30.00 for a 9 day rental.

Our dates are April 7-17th, rental out of Ft. Myers. We used all the codes last year and paid about $240 for 10 days in April for a minivan.

DH booked but we haven't put in codes yet. So far we are at $500+.

Joining the thread. Right now I don't see anything less than $300 for our week - the 7th-14th.

Rates still high. Tried a number of different codes. Vegas Brazil does not work. Combining the $25 code and Costco does bring rental for a minivan down to $355 from $362. Will continue to watch. Does anyone know if you have to provide proof of membership to Costco if you do online check in? Anyone have a Sam's Club code?

Rates are still sky high. We always visit this week, and while rates are always higher than we eventually end up paying, they are never this high. Easter is really messing things up! ;)

its got to be because its Easter Week....any other week I plug in with a $25 off coupon and the costco code is half the price......

Right now we are at $412 for 9 days/mini-van over Easter (through Alamo Insiders, no code).

I'm traveling March 28- April 2 and rates seem to be insane right now. My fiancé and I usually go in early December and pay about $150 for an entire week. The cheapest I'm seeing is about $350 for those dates. Is there a reason why the rates are so high? Should I wait to see if they go down?

I was able to save $100 by changing my pick up by one day and picking up at a neighborhood location vs the airport. We are flying into TPA and spending a fdw days with relatives first and they are able to pick us up at the airport. By picking up the car 12 hours later my rental was $255 for a 7 day rental vs $355 for an 8 day rental at the airport. I will take it!

I'll need a car for 4/20 -4/24. Haven't booked anything yet as the prices are still way high.

Joining...looking for a car in Tampa April 1-5......rates are sky high over there too........:sad2:

Rates still high. Tried a number of different codes. Vegas Brazil does not work. Combining the $25 code and Costco does bring rental for a minivan down to $355 from $362. Will continue to watch. Does anyone know if you have to provide proof of membership to Costco if you do online check in? Anyone have a Sam's Club code?

Regarding costco...if you aren't a member don't risk it. They are in their legal rights (and should be) to ask for your card. A membership is $50 bucks give or take and we can hardly find better car rental prices. If you aren't a member, just sign up and don't risk it. :)

Has anyone ever gotten a good deal on a travel site like Hotwire or is it better to use the rental car sites?

I will always book rental site and sometimes try hotwire a few days before. Orlando don't usually have much luck with hotwire since we always seem to travel during holidays. I've had more luck just checking car rental sites

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!