April 8th, 2018 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal from Port Canaveral to San Diego

i wish they would do the round trip one again from Vancouver. Didn't want to do the one way one. Maybe in the Fall of 2017 ????
Doubt it as the schedule is out for 2017. I don't want yo fly to Vancouver so if they do a round trip I hope it's from San Diego in 2018 sometime.

Doubt it as the schedule is out for 2017. I don't want yo fly to Vancouver so if they do a round trip I hope it's from San Diego in 2018 sometime.

Sorry, I meant Fall of 2018. I want it out of Vancouver - then I don't have to fly - just have to take a ferry - a lot cheaper.

i wish they would do the round trip one again from Vancouver. Didn't want to do the one way one. Maybe in the Fall of 2017 ????

My guess is the Alaska cruises are so popular that they won't do Hawaii for a long time, they just can't make as much $ with a 1 way trip to Hawaii as a roundtrip to Alaska. It is a bummer though b/c I'd LOVE to do a Hawaii cruise.

My guess is the Alaska cruises are so popular that they won't do Hawaii for a long time, they just can't make as much $ with a 1 way trip to Hawaii as a roundtrip to Alaska. It is a bummer though b/c I'd LOVE to do a Hawaii cruise.

They probably would do the Hawaii roundtrip after the Alaska season. Maybe a repo cruise - Vancouver - Hawaii - LA. Flight one way from LA is okay - not Hawaii.

I can see DCL doing another Hawaii itinerary out of San Diego either before or after the Alaska season. I don't know if they would do it from Vancouver, but it is possible they could sail from Vancouver to Hawaii and then from Hawaii back to San Diego instead of Pacific Coast, but who knows.

I've been through locks on a small boat before but never through the Panama Canal. I love locks. The first experience was on the Columbia River at one of the dams. That was pretty cool. My second experience was in upstate NY when we took a trip through the locks of the Erie Canal.

We have talked to our older kids and so far they have begged off, but we'll see. By then our granddaughter will be almost 5 and it would be perfect for her, but so far they think it might be a bit long.

I can see DCL doing another Hawaii itinerary out of San Diego either before or after the Alaska season. I don't know if they would do it from Vancouver, but it is possible they could sail from Vancouver to Hawaii and then from Hawaii back to San Diego instead of Pacific Coast, but who knows.
They really can't do
Hawaii to San Diego. To do a one way between two different cities in the U.S. the ship needs to make a distant forgin port. North America would not qualify that's one reason why we stop in Columbia.

What does everyone think of the new changes the Wonder after dry dock?

We were last on the Wonder to Alaska in 2012 and thought she looked Wonder-ful! But the changes are even more awesome!

We saw the new Frozen show at Disney California Adventure in June and it was really great! ( :guilty: we do miss Aladdin, though!)
So to see it come to the Wonder will be nice.

I do really like the re-themeing of the adult bar area from Route 66 to "After Hours" -- more sophisticated. :smooth:

Does the new "duck tail" on the ship's aft make for better stability? Looks good but wasn't completely sure of it's purpose...

And does anyone know if the updated "twist-n-Spout" water slide is open to adults or just kids as the little one was?

Marcy:wave2:

What does everyone think of the new changes the Wonder after dry dock?

We were last on the Wonder to Alaska in 2012 and thought she looked Wonder-ful! But the changes are even more awesome!

We saw the new Frozen show at Disney California Adventure in June and it was really great! ( :guilty: we do miss Aladdin, though!)
So to see it come to the Wonder will be nice.

I do really like the re-themeing of the adult bar area from Route 66 to "After Hours" -- more sophisticated. :smooth:

Does the new "duck tail" on the ship's aft make for better stability? Looks good but wasn't completely sure of it's purpose...

And does anyone know if the updated "twist-n-Spout" water slide is open to adults or just kids as the little one was?

Marcy:wave2:
As far as I know the only restriction on twist n spout is you have I be 32 inches tall. The duck tail I have seen as being needed for the extra weight they added to the ships upper deck and for fuel consumption.

Hi everyone, we just booked this cruise today! We were originally booked on the 2017 sailing but needed to buy a new car so we are very excited to be now booked for 2018.

We will be traveling from Australia. Our four children are currently 18, 15, 11 & 7. We've booked for all of us to go but there is a possibility the older two might not come, it depends on school and work etc, we'll decide that later next year!

This will be our forth Disney cruise, we've done two on the Wonder and one on the Magic.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :flower1:

Hi from another Aussie.

Our kids will be 5 and 9 by the time of the cruise. This will be cruise number 10 for us (well, number 9 for the 5 year old). All on the Magic and Wonder. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else.

Hi All,

Also looking forward to this cruise - 7 days has been my longest to date - I'm not sure I'll want to come home :drinking: I will be traveling with my daughter and her husband - this too has been on my bucket list - so happy I can share it with them

Hey y'all. I've booked this cruise as well. At the moment I'm going solo but hope to talk my sister into coming too. I did the WBPC in 2013 which was great, I met some people who became very dear friends. That cruise was thru the original locks so I'm looking forward to seeing the new locks, my first visit to Costa Rica, and making some great new friends!

Hopefully, Captain Puckett will be on this cruise to give us the history of the canal...he is a terrific lecturer/teacher!!!

Some pictures of the Wonder going thru the original locks in 2013:

Peach

WBPC pics 2 042 (2).JPG WBPC pics 2 027 (2).JPG WBPC pics 2 031 (2).JPG

Hello all, Just book this trip and beyond thrilled with this trip. After we did the Transatlantic, this was the next thing on the Bucket List. We tried Royal Caribbean and just found our selves comparing it to Disney and how better Disney was so we found our way going back. This trip will be my DW and DD (She will be 8 at the time of the trip). Can not wait t plan and chat with everyone.

Hello, Everyone. I booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago tentatively. Fingers crossed that we will be able to go. It will be me, my DH, DM and DNiece, hopefully. Currently, we are booked for the EBPC for Oct 2107 and I CAN NOT WAIT!!! It will be the first time that I, too, have been on anything longer than 7 days. I don't really care if we disembark in any of the ports or not, I just LOVE being on the ship. The Wonder was the first ship that we all have been on. However, if all goes well, this will be my 19th Disney cruise. The grand slam was completed a few years ago.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Hello everyone! Booked this cruise yesterday. :banana: It will be me and adult daughter, who will be celebrating her birthday during the cruise. We are already very excited!

Happy Sunday,!
Only 72 weeks until we step foot on the wonder for this cruise. I'm sure that will go quickly, right? :)

Right now my son is trying to convince us of taking a cruise next year. If only I could find a money tree.

Hoping everyone has a good turkey day.

Kristan

This is one of my favorite cruise pictures. We were standing on deck 4 watching the process of lowering in the locks when I looked beside me there wa Mickey standing next to us. Right after this happened a family showed up at the locks to watch us go though. There was a little girl with the group who just started screaming MICKEY!!!. She kept up with us as long as she could. Somebody must have made a call because other characters started to show up. IMG_0274.JPGIMG_0270.JPG

Quick question for anyone who has done Disney's Panama Canel Crossing. Does Disney offer any type of transportation option from San Diago to Disneyland. We are thinking of addin a few extra days for our first time visit to Disneyland if we are already in California but trying to figure out how we would get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter