April 30th, 2017 - Southern Caribbean aboard the Magic!

Sorry I got a little behind here, I went to a wedding in Key West over weekend with my best friend. We had too much fun! On a side note the day we left DCL was in port!:sail:

Jess_S my DH and I would also be interested in mixology. I'll start a list on post 1, and you can be in charge. Please keep us updated!

Excellent! My understanding is that we need 25 people to set up a private class, so I'll keep track of the number of people interested and reach out to DCL once we get near that number.

Where are you getting the resort day passes? Are there safety concerns with just getting a taxi to a beach at any of the ports? Just curious since we will be dragging a 5 and 6 year old. Lol

Welcome Briana and Cathy. Cathy, based on your signature, I assume that you just did the same itinerary that we'll all be doing in a little less than a year (because I see a DCL cruise listed for February 2016). I'm curious to hear which beach the beach break went to. Monkeys are a huge priority for us.

I'm happy to help with coordinating the FE as well -- though I wouldn't want to be solely responsible because I have never participated in one before.

If the group gets large enough and there's any interest in coordinating a mixology class, I'm happy to help coordinate that too. Reading people's trip reports, the mixology events always look like fun.

We did the repo cruise from San Juan to Miami in Feb, while in St Kitts we did the
Beach Break (SK40)

Excellent! My understanding is that we need 25 people to set up a private class, so I'll keep track of the number of people interested and reach out to DCL once we get near that number.
I just did this on the Wonder and we only needed 20 to set up a Mixology class, we ended up only getting 14 and they still let us do it. I did suggest that they open it up to the rest of the ship, but they never did.

Where are you getting the resort day passes? Are there safety concerns with just getting a taxi to a beach at any of the ports? Just curious since we will be dragging a 5 and 6 year old. Lol

In Antigua, I was looking at Scenic Tours Antigua, which does a beach day with or without a day pass to Pineapple Beach resort. I'm still deciding if the resort pass is worth the extra $50 per adult. I'm not aware if any safety concerns re taxis that are specific to the Caribbean. (There's the obvious risk of car accidents). My bigger concern is confirming that we won't get stranded anywhere, which is why I've been looking at places where there is either a lot of tourist traffic or resorts that can make a call for us if our own driver doesn't come back. Since your kids are over 5, you'll have more options for doing excursions through the ship if you would feel more comfortable. I saw a lot of things I would be interested in doing, but most were for kids 5 and up.

I just did this on the Wonder and we only needed 20 to set up a Mixology class, we ended up only getting 14 and they still let us do it. I did suggest that they open it up to the rest of the ship, but they never did.

That's great to know. I searched the boards and the information on minimums was very inconsistent -- but 25 was the most common response. Maybe it's within the discretion of the crew. I'll call once we get to 10 people interested in mixology and get the ball rolling.

What ended up being the cost? Did everyone enjoy it? Thanks for your great insight!

What ended up being the cost? Did everyone enjoy it? Thanks for your great insight!
it was $20 each, yes everyone had a great time, keep in mind that the mixology on the smaller ships are a little different than on the bigger ships. On the larger ships each person gets to go behind the bar and make a drink. on the smaller ships the drinks are already mixed and ready to drink.

In Antigua, I was looking at Scenic Tours Antigua, which does a beach day with or without a day pass to Pineapple Beach resort. I'm still deciding if the resort pass is worth the extra $50 per adult. I'm not aware if any safety concerns re taxis that are specific to the Caribbean. (There's the obvious risk of car accidents). My bigger concern is confirming that we won't get stranded anywhere, which is why I've been looking at places where there is either a lot of tourist traffic or resorts that can make a call for us if our own driver doesn't come back. Since your kids are over 5, you'll have more options for doing excursions through the ship if you would feel more comfortable. I saw a lot of things I would be interested in doing, but most were for kids 5 and up.

That's great to know. I searched the boards and the information on minimums was very inconsistent -- but 25 was the most common response. Maybe it's within the discretion of the crew. I'll call once we get to 10 people interested in mixology and get the ball rolling.
I think its 25 people on the bigger ships. when I called for the Wonder I was told it was min 20 for the small ships.

Hey everyone Im briana from buffalo,NY this will be my 5th disney cruise and 2nd time aboard the magic just got off the fantasy a couple weeks ago and did the western carrib. I organized the disboard fe for this past cruise and loved it. We had such a good turn out i had about 5 groups and put 10/11 cabins in each group Looks like we have some interest on here and i would love to organize again:)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm
heres a link for those of you not familiar with fe

if you are interested please pm or reply to this post with the following info, i will also be making a social media page as well

1.Cabin #

2.Name(you may just state "boy" or "girl" if you'd rather not list names and ages for those under 18)

3.Any celebrations you are having on board (birthdays,anniversaries,etc...)

4.Allergies or items prohibited ie...alcohol/candy/nuts etc..

5.Favorite character(1-2 for each member)

6.Any other pertinent information you'd like to share

RULES:
* If we are able to get more than 10 cabins in a group I will close the group at 10 to help keeps costs at a minimum, then open another group.

*You must give a gift to each cabin in your FE group, either as a cabin gift or individuals in each cabin. There is no minimum/maximum cost you must spend.(gifts can be made or purchased. The FE group will close 30 days prior to sailing so I am able to organize everything into a pdf to get out to you all. Since this is a 7 night cruise everyone will get a different day to deliver their to space everything out.
If anyone has any questions feel free to post or PM me. Lets have fun with this!!!.

Thanks everyone,
Briana :D

Thank you Briana! I added this info to post #1, so hopefully everyone sees it, and we have a successful FE.

We've got some excitement starting up here! I've been busy planning my son's graduation cruise to the Mediterranean in August.
After that I will be able to really focus back over to this cruise where we'll celebrate my daughter's graduation.

Briana,
I volunteered on my son's cruise meetup to organize the FE. Do you mind if I borrow/reuse your post?

Shelly

Hello everyone. My name is Di - we booked this cruise to celebrate my hubby (Mark) 50th bday. Kids coming too (DS 13, DD 9) and we're staying onboard for the repo cruise right afterwards. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, but first time on the Magic. We are definitely up for Mixologogy! We live in Tampa, FL, ☀️ but originally from England.

Hello everyone. My name is Di - we booked this cruise to celebrate my hubby (Mark) 50th bday. Kids coming too (DS 13, DD 9) and we're staying onboard for the repo cruise right afterwards. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, but first time on the Magic. We are definitely up for Mixologogy! We live in Tampa, FL, ☀️ but originally from England.
:welcome: I think you're the first on our thread doing back to back on the Magic, that will be awesome! I hope you guys have a great time on the Magic! Also please pm Jess_S to add yourself and DH to our special DIS mixology Class. We look forward to meeting you!

Hi Everyone! My name is Stacey and I'll be joining you (solo) on the cruise. I'd love to participate in the FE. This is my 6th Disney cruise, and will be my 4th time on the Magic. I love her!

Hi Everyone! My name is Stacey and I'll be joining you (solo) on the cruise. I'd love to participate in the FE. This is my 6th Disney cruise, and will be my 4th time on the Magic. I love her!
:welcome: great to have another Magic lover on board!

Hi to the new folks who joined our group. I am just back from vacation and I'm playing catch up on the Dis (though I should really get back to playing catch up on my actual work). After a fun but exhausting 2 weeks road trip, I am really looking forward to having the kids club and other shipboard activities to entertain DS on our next vacation so that my husband and I will get time to relax.

We're starting to get a good number of folks for mixology, so I'll be reaching out to DCL soon to confirm what information I need from everyone to get us set up.

Di, my family is on the 6 night repo as well. My husband said he would only cruise if the itinerary included Castaway Cay, so I had no choice but to book a B2B. (Or so I told him).

Hi everyone we are going on this cruise and we are excited this our first time on this itinary, but out 4th cruise with Disney
Would love to join FE there are 4 of us. My boys are going to be 10 and the older one will celebrate his 14th bday on board. So excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter