april 2017 discounts

I currently have a package booked, do I need to cancel that package and rebook a whole new package to get the room discount? I did not book the original package with my disney visa card.

We are booked at POR for April 2-8. I got the 10% discount too. I'm hoping some better discount offers will come out later. We really wanted to stay at a deluxe this time, but I will need an awesome discount or UOC to swing that for a family of five. o_O

I currently have a package booked, do I need to cancel that package and rebook a whole new package to get the room discount? I did not book the original package with my disney visa card.
To take advantage of the Disney Visa offers you have to book and make the deposit with your Disney Visa. So if you already have a package booked, call them and the CM should be able to cancel it and take your new reservation over the phone.

We are booked at POR for April 2-8. I got the 10% discount too. I'm hoping some better discount offers will come out later. We really wanted to stay at a deluxe this time, but I will need an awesome discount or UOC to swing that for a family of five. o_O
The lower discounts for POR and a couple other resorts is interesting. I'm guessing we will see more of these exclusions and lower discounts for the more popular resorts in the future. Disney seems to be streamlining the discounts and tightening up the availability, but as the most recent discount release shows, this doesn't slow down the booking (most rooms for Disney Visa PSD and Spring room discount have been taken already). So I don't think we will see a shift in the other direction anytime soon.

The lower discounts for POR and a couple other resorts is interesting. I'm guessing we will see more of these exclusions and lower discounts for the more popular resorts in the future. Disney seems to be streamlining the discounts and tightening up the availability, but as the most recent discount release shows, this doesn't slow down the booking (most rooms for Disney Visa PSD and Spring room discount have been taken already). So I don't think we will see a shift in the other direction anytime soon.

I know, it's not a good sign of things to come. I've gotten some pretty good UOC's this year though, so hoping that trend continues and I get one I can use.

I know, it's not a good sign of things to come. I've gotten some pretty good UOC's this year though, so hoping that trend continues and I get one I can use.
I'm curious to hear what Pete on the Dis, and the other WDW experts who kept saying that we were going to see massive new discounts for 2017, have to say about this. They got everyone's hopes up but failed to realize that Disney is doing fine, even with reportedly lower attendance, and has no plans to provide new and deeper discounts next year. They are more concerned with becoming a luxury brand, and cranking up prices while removing entertainment and attractions.

Pete especially was very adamant that we would be getting super discounts, but knowing him, I'm not expecting him to walk back his comments after being proven wrong.

We just got an email with a code for returning guests. Good through June 7, 2017. As high as 30% off room.. CBR is 25% off. We had already decided on POFQ and that was 15% - better then nothing!!

Is CBR the code you are now applying to the reservations by calling them up? Never modified a reservation before.

I'm curious to hear what Pete on the Dis, and the other WDW experts who kept saying that we were going to see massive new discounts for 2017, have to say about this. They got everyone's hopes up but failed to realize that Disney is doing fine, even with reportedly lower attendance, and has no plans to provide new and deeper discounts next year. They are more concerned with becoming a luxury brand, and cranking up prices while removing entertainment and attractions.

Pete especially was very adamant that we would be getting super discounts, but knowing him, I'm not expecting him to walk back his comments after being proven wrong.

Massive 2017 discounts would be very welcome! I did get a PIN code and priced out a bunch of resorts for April. Nothing is what I'd say in the category of a great deal. I don't have my notes in front of me, but from memory seems like Poly and CR were 10 or 15% off. GF is 20% off, but full price is 1600 a night (for RPC) so that 20% discount doesn't make a dent.

I'm such a newbie here. How can I get a PIN code? It sounds like that must be a code for you and only you. I haven't stayed in the modern era, so I don't know I'd be on the list even to receive the codes. Would love even 10% off. My Poly TPV is about a thousand a night all said and done, and that isn't concierge either!

I applied the room only discount that went through April 8th to the first two days of our trip....saved about $400 dollars. Then I got a past customer pin code in my email three days ago and called to find out. I applied it to my AKL Savannah club level room and the package room and tickets went from a little over $10,000 to alittle over $8,000. I swear I almost fell off the chair. I also used that pin code for my January 1st trip and saved about a hundred dollars over the general public discount.

I'm staying until April 8th and have a room only reservation for 4 nights at Boardwalk starting 3/31 and 4 nights at Poly through 4/8. What general code is that, and is there any way to get a PIN code?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter