April 2017 Discount Watch

Saved about $40/night at Coronado from 4/8 - 4/16. Still hoping to do better with a pin, but it was helpful and tipped me into booking.

Saved about $40/night at Coronado from 4/8 - 4/16. Still hoping to do better with a pin, but it was helpful and tipped me into booking.
If you were going to get a pin code for early April, I'm pretty sure you would have gotten one already. I received one months ago for our late April trip. For what it's worth, it was the exact same discount rate as the current public offers.

If you were going to get a pin code for early April, I'm pretty sure you would have gotten one already. I received one months ago for our late April trip. For what it's worth, it was the exact same discount rate as the current public offers.

Yeah, I was afraid of that, but still hoping. Might get an AP rate too.

I wish they'd release passholder discounts! It disappoints me that the people most loyal to them seem to be the last to get everything!

I am hoping too. Does anyone know if you can only book one room on an AP? We are too families going and my mom will be purchasing an annual pass as a Florida resident. We are hoping for a decent rate, above the discount we got with a pin.

The annual pass rates are out for April through June. I was able to modify two existing room reservations that we have for April 16-21. Because of the discount, we were able to save an additional $780 on top of the 20% off we had already booked with. We were also able to modify, not cancel and rebook.
Hope those who need it have luck with it.

I'm about to call for a second time. The first phone call had the cost coming out higher :upsidedowand I would have had to cancel and rebook. The whole thing took over thirty minutes and it was rather confusing. Also, please someone tell me that I am not the only one that can no longer see a booking total/remaining balance in MDE. I also can no longer modify my reservation. I used to be able to see/do both. I love Disney and I used to have a lot of fun making reservations, but today is a little bit of a headache. At least the hold music is the best.

***Update*** second phone call solved the problem. It was super easy and I saved about $150 more than the other non AP spring discount. The CM knew what she was doing and made it painless to book the new and cancel the old.

Looking to book Easter. I know there may not be a discount, but let's say my family buys an AP in the next few weeks. Will we still get a pin? Should we call Disney, explain that we're looking to purchase AP and ask if there's a discount and if we'd get it should we buy the AP?

Looking to book Easter. I know there may not be a discount, but let's say my family buys an AP in the next few weeks. Will we still get a pin? Should we call Disney, explain that we're looking to purchase AP and ask if there's a discount and if we'd get it should we buy the AP?

Buying an AP does not get you a PIN. You still have to call, or book online under the AP discount. If you go to www.waltdisneyworld.com and scroll all the way down to the bottom, you will see a link for Special Offers. Click on that. That will take you to a page with all the current offers, including those for AP holders. You can book from there, or call and ask for the AP discount.

Also...pretty sure if you call..you can get the AP discount, but if you don't have the AP active when you check in, you will lose that discount and have to pay a non discounted price upon arrival. Example: We have purchased APs, but have not activated them yet. We have booked under an AP rate, but will need to stop by the guest services at Disney Springs to activate the APs before we check in.

Sorry,wewere able to book without having purchased the pass yet. I don't think you can do that online. I was able to book two rooms, for one annual pass. The cm told me that when we check in we need to have the pass holder (my mom) be with us & because she bought a Florida pass, she will show residency at that time. I got off the phone after booking, bought the pass (and tickets for all7 other family members) with UT, & added them to MDE.

Although any discount is helpful, the spring discount did not equate to the savings I was hoping for. We booked AK instead of BC/YC. The trip will still be enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!