Approximate time boarding starts for New York City cruises?

From what I remember, it was pretty much the same as every other port.
And there hasn't been a marvel day at sea yet, so who knows...

Hello!
I got this from the Disney cruise website under Things to Do. I would think they would board the ship at around the same time as the other ports would but we live in Orlando, so even though my son would LOVE to go to NYC to get on the Magic and sail to the Bahamas and Florida to spend some time at WDW (which we have annual passes to) I don't see that happening. :)
Hope this helps.
Tracey

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/marvel-at-sea/

I wouldn't know but my starting place to find info would be to read up on Star Wars Day and maybe replace the Star Wars characters with Marvel characters and it will feel very similar... I think there were Star Wars themed menus on SWDAS so guessing there's going to be a Marvel themed dinner menu as well... there are a few threads in here explaining what SWDAS looks like as far as the experience

I recently heard someone expressing trepidation over doing a Marvel Day at Sea cruise citing that many of the female Marvel characters have very form fitting and revealing costumes and not wanting kids to be around that. So that might be an element that the SWDAS cruises don't have.

I recently heard someone expressing trepidation over doing a Marvel Day at Sea cruise citing that many of the female Marvel characters have very form fitting and revealing costumes and not wanting kids to be around that. So that might be an element that the SWDAS cruises don't have.

So it's OK to see characters beating the crap out of each other but please don't dare show a character in a cat suit. I'm not criticizing you because I know there are people out there who think that. Also, they are wearing the same costumes in the movies. Don't the kids see the movies? I've seen worse in public to be honest with you. If they feel that way then maybe they should rethink taking the kids on the cruise. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
So it's OK to see characters beating the crap out of each other but please don't show a character in a cat suit while they're doing it. I'm not criticizing you because I know there are people out there who think that. Also, they are wearing the same costumes in the movies. Don't the kids see the movies? I've seen worse in public to be honest with you. If they feel that way then maybe they should rethink taking the kids on the cruise. Just my opinion.

I agree, I was just stating a comment I heard when recently discussing taking this cruise with friends. But you make a good point, you actually would see more revealing stuff just walking through the pool deck.

I agree, I was just stating a comment I heard when recently discussing taking this cruise with friends. But you make a good point, you actually would see more revealing stuff just walking through the pool deck.

You're exactly right! I forgot about the pool deck! :laughing:

I was on the 10/2, 5 night sailing from NYC to Canada and we had a surprise Coast Guard inspection (I've timed this just right on at least 4 cruises now!) so ours was definitely delayed due to this. I want to say we started boarding around 12:30pm - it might have been a tad earlier. I can also say, when we arrived right after 10:30am it was PACKED. I had never seen a cruise terminal so packed with people (which I had read previously) so Id' say to get there earlier if that works for you or honestly just wait a little later. Luckily I am Platinum so after we got through security and the first set of lines, the Platinum line moved very quickly but the other lines snaked around quite a bit.

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter