AP rooms?

maccalovah

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

So, we are moving from Michigan to Tampa on July 25th :-)banana: ), and are obviously going to take full advantage of the Florida Resident annual passes as soon as we get our new FL licenses :cutie:

However, I'm currently planning a short weekend trip for my boyfriend's birthday (Sept. 28-30th). I want to book something in a value resort (most likely POP). I really don't want to wait too much longer to do this, but also don't want to pay more than I have to- I have seen rooms listed on expedia for $69 a night, but am wondering if it would be cheaper with an AP? And if so, am I able to book an AP room rate now, even though I won't technically have an AP until August? I thought I'd heard that you can book an AP rate room, but upon check-in, you need to show your AP before you are allowed to check-in? I'm just confused I guess. Any help is appreciated!

Oh, and also, he wants to eat @ either Ohana or Whispering Canyon for his bday. I really need to make an ADR *now*- am I able to do this without a room reservation? Thanks!

I do not know about the Florida Resident APs but with the "regular" APs you do not need the AP to book the room but you do need either the AP or voucher when you check in at the resort.
You can book you dining reservations without having a reservation, if they ask where you are staying just indicate you do not have a hotel reservation yet. There are plenty of people that make ADRs and are staying off site or are locals, you do not have to have a room reservation to make the dining reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter