AP room discount- does Disney notify you when they're out?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
I'm a brand new AP holder. I'm planning a Jan/Feb trip and am waiting for those AP room discounts to be released. I saw on mousesavers' historical page that last yr they were released on 10/21 and the year before on 10/23... so it's getting close!! I was wondering if passholders get an email immediately notifying them of the release of new discounts. So far, I've just been doing a search, logging on to the official site or looking here for an announcement. If I knew that they sent an email and it's done in timely manner (unlike the Disney Chase Rewards FD email which usually comes a day or two or more AFTER the promo is released) then all I'd have to check is my email every day.

TIA!

NO they don't, at least in the many years I have had an AP, I have never received one.

THese boards are the best source for knowing when a discount is released.

I agree this board is always where I look first, and it has never failed me.

I do usually get an email from Disney about the AP discount, but not until 6:00 pm or later. Well after the actual release time.

OK thanks! I'm glad I asked! My inbox will be one LESS place I will check for release news!

Which section of the forums would you recommend to be the most likely to carry the news of the AP discount release?
Resorts? ( general resorts or this sub-section of the resorts forum?)
Budget Board?

The discount appears to be out now! There's a AP offer, "Spring into 2017" on the website today!

Might I add those are the most pitiful discounts for the times I want to go. Grrr...:headache:

We got a pretty good discount over our Spring Break week. Rates are higher then but got the % we needed. I am so thrilled!

BOOKED! Pop Century! 9 nights. AP rate was $78 for Sun-Thu and $125 for Fri & Sat. So, avg of $99/ngt
Happy Happy!

I wish Disney did notify me, but they never do. I was about to book a Pop reservation, but they appear to be completely out on Jan 21st for some reason.

Can someone tell me the dates for the AP discount?

Can someone tell me the dates for the AP discount?
from the Disney website:

Valid 1/2 - 1/4, 1/8 - 1/12,
1/16 - 2/15/17
Valid 2/16, 2/20 - 2/25, 3/10 - 4/8/17

With this offer, you can stay in the middle of the magic for as low as $70 per night, plus tax in a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, most Sunday through Thursday nights from January 2 through January 4, January 8 through January 12 and January 16 through February 15, 2017. Ask about other great rates and Resorts that may be available from January 1 through April 8, 2017.

Book Through
April 7, 2017

Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Valid Travel Dates
Select stays from January 1 through April 8, 2017

Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 1 night
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
Offer Restrictions

• Advance reservations required.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotions.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Resort Hotels Included in This Offer

• Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter