~AP Rates for May 26-August 2 are OUT!!!~ Posts results here!

Not much for the deluxe resorts for June 14th through the 21st we will be staying with the Swan and our $197.50 a night rate for our two rooms. I am sorry but the rooms at the YC/BC and BWI are just not worth their rack rate. Neither are the S/D for that matter.

I have to say, I'm very disappointed. I didn't know about the AP rates until the 2nd day. I began calling at exactly 7am...I called 6 times throughout the same day on Friday. I was always told there was nothing available for WL (we already have a 2 day reservation there). Yet, I come back on here and read where folks got a quote for June at my same time (6/11 and 6/12)

I even had one CM tell me that there was no need to call back, there was nothing available and I would be wasting my time? :confused3

We have been going to Disney for about 14 years now...and have had an AP nearly every year. I just don't understand this process...do they only have 4 rooms that they offer a discount on per hotel? None of this makes any sense to me and its been 10 of those 14 years that I've tried for one.

You know..I do love Disney..but this is just beyond frustrating.

:sad1:

I called at exactly 7:15 on the day that the code came out, prior to it being posted on mousesavers or the Disney website and was able to get my ressie at WL. What you have to remember is that they only release a certain number of rooms at any discounted rate and with WL and AKL being the least expensive deluxe resorts they sell out very quickly. Also with WL being so close to MK it is high demand, I can tell you that the WL was sold out for AP rate by the evening of 5/7, I checked back to see about changing my ressie by one day and everything was sold out. Your best bet is to check the Disney website every morning and see if something has opened up I beleive they only update cancellations once a day so this would probably be the easiest route.

Samething happened to me back in April but 4 days before we left the 4 days I needed finally came thru - a helpful CM said to try calling first thing each morning or better yet check on line as soon as their system comes up. She said that any rooms added to the discount pool are put back in the system over night. We all know differenct CMs give you different answers. I wantd to see if this was the case so I checked the resort I wanted (BCV) and a couple of other popular resorts like POP and BWV 2 or 3 times a day on line and several times first thing in the morning there found would be rooms available that would be gone by mid-morning, then I would check at 6:00am the next morning on line and there would be rooms available - finally the dates I needed for BCV opened up one morning and I called immediately and got a CM told her what I had on line but didnt trust running my credit card thru - she said no problem and helped me book them. So her suggestion did work for me!

I have to say, I'm very disappointed. I didn't know about the AP rates until the 2nd day. I began calling at exactly 7am...I called 6 times throughout the same day on Friday. I was always told there was nothing available for WL (we already have a 2 day reservation there). Yet, I come back on here and read where folks got a quote for June at my same time (6/11 and 6/12)

I even had one CM tell me that there was no need to call back, there was nothing available and I would be wasting my time? :confused3

We have been going to Disney for about 14 years now...and have had an AP nearly every year. I just don't understand this process...do they only have 4 rooms that they offer a discount on per hotel? None of this makes any sense to me and its been 10 of those 14 years that I've tried for one.

You know..I do love Disney..but this is just beyond frustrating.

:sad1:

I must be very lucky because I was able to change my reservation at the Poly. My rate went from 1686.00 for an MK view no dining to 1368.00 for Garden view + Dining.

We just changed our ressie - dropping our Poly AP rate room and switching to a WL AP rate room. The savings were too good to pass up. Point of the post is that we were able to book at WL room with the AP rate today, so depending on dates and resort desire, there are still AP rooms available.

NEWSBREAK...NEWSBREAKKK....!! I called late Sunday evening one more time (I think this was call number 8 since Friday..lol) I spoke to a great CM whom happened to be from the area where I was calling from. He suggested (just as a poster above me) to call back first thing in the AM as when an AP rate gets cancelled...it will come back out in the system first thing in the AM. So...I called this morning at 7:10am. I actually managed to snag an AP rate for my club level room!!

I saved about $200.00 off my 2 night stay!!!! I am so excited!! (for the record, my family thinks we are just in a regular room:)

persistance and prayers pays off :cloud9:

thanks for all the pixie dust that someone here must have blown my way :)

NEWSBREAK...NEWSBREAKKK....!! I called late Sunday evening one more time (I think this was call number 8 since Friday..lol) I spoke to a great CM whom happened to be from the area where I was calling from. He suggested (just as a poster above me) to call back first thing in the AM as when an AP rate gets cancelled...it will come back out in the system first thing in the AM. So...I called this morning at 7:10am. I actually managed to snag an AP rate for my club level room!!

I saved about $200.00 off my 2 night stay!!!! I am so excited!! (for the record, my family thinks we are just in a regular room:)

persistance and prayers pays off :cloud9:

thanks for all the pixie dust that someone here must have blown my way :)

:cheer2: The early bird gets the worm:cheer2: This particular method of checking online first thing in the morning has worked for me on more than one occasion.

O.K. I only needed 2 nights in the middle of 2 DVC stays. I had AsMo preferred AAA rate ....when I heard AP's were out I changed to CB only paying $134 more...as I read and thought then thought and read I called to see about FW cabins ( oh yeah we need 2 rooms because we are a family of 6) anyhow I got the cabin for $192 less then the moderate and $55 less then what I was paying with AAA for two preferred rooms at AsMo!!!! So we get to try something new this trip AND save $$$$$!!!! I did ask the CM if this was my "Dream":rotfl:

What was your rate/night at the FW cabins?

I checked online yesterday morning and to my surprise AKL was available!! I called them and got both of our rooms transferred from POFQ to AKL. We got a rate of $179 for a standard view from 6/7-6/14. We are SO excited!

Just called and nothing at AKL for 7/27 - 8/2:sad1:

They told me to try and call back you never know when something will open up.

Anyone else have any luck getting an AP discount for those dates and if so where?

Anyone else have any luck getting an AP discount for those dates and if so where?

I just checked online for those dates for you and I have WL coming up for a total of $1,951. You might want to call them right now. 1-407-939-7429.

Either check online or call back and ask them to check for your dates - day by day - this normally helps :wizard:

Is anyone getting a ap rate for the contemporary in June? We are planning a trip for next year and I am trying to find out what kind of Ap discounts the usually have.

What was your rate/night at the FW cabins?

The cabin rate for the weekend was $203/ night....this ended up cheaper then our original AAA rate for 2 rooms at AsMo preferred for our familythat I had made last August!! I just checked on line and they are going for $314! We are excited to try something new. Hope this helps!

I saw AKL savannah view for 8/1 and 8/2 for $194 each night when I looked earlier today. AWESOME deal. Of course I need Club Level those nights and there are no discounts. :rolleyes1
If we weren't absolutely determined to do the Sunrise Safari I would have snapped up those nights of savannah view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter