AP Parking Question

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
I know AP holders get free parking. However, passes are not received and activated until you get to a park.

How do you get free parking the day you are activating your passes?

Pay for your parking, keep your receipt, when you get into the park and activate your AP, then you can get a refund for parking for that day

If you have time before that you can also activate your pass at Disney Springs

Also, be sure to tell the CM at the parking lot entrance that you are headed to pick up your AP. (S)he might just wave you on in.

Last edited:
Pay for your parking, keep your receipt, when you get into the park and activate your AP, then you can get a refund for parking for that day

If you have time before that you can also activate your pass at Disney Springs

And just to note (because we did this ourselves) - you do not have to immediately turn in your receipt to get a refund. Since the ticket and guest services booths were jammed when we got there and the person who activated our passes couldn't give us the refund, we just hung onto the receipt, did our normal thing at the park and much later in the day, went to guest services (around 4 PM I think) and got our money back. So, have the $20 ready and then get it back later in the day.

I know AP holders get free parking. However, passes are not received and activated until you get to a park.

How do you get free parking the day you are activating your passes?

just remember that if you are staying on-site, you don't pay for parking anyway, so it might not matter anyway.

When my mother and I went in December, we just showed them the AP certificate and told them we were going to validate. They just waved us through.

This. In fact, when we got our AP, it was a spur of the moment decision. We were already 7 or 8 days into our trip. Thankfully, we had thrown all the parking receipts into a cubby in our van. They reimbursed us for every penny...plus gave us our AP discount for souvenirs we had already purchased (the ones we still had receipts for).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter