AP discounts on dinning?

BeccaG

DIS Veteran
Greetings! I am a veteran when it comes to dland but as a west coaster I am an infrequent traveler to WDW. I am considering getting APs for a 2013 trip when we plan to stay much longer than we have in the past. I was looking at getting the Tables in Wonderland card as well in order to get discounts. AP dinning discounts here in California are fairly prolific but it appears that without TIW the dinning discounts for APs in Florida are minimal. Am I reading the information correctly or am I missing something?

AP dining discounts at WDW are not that great. Not available everywhere and lots of times they are for lunch only. TiW card is the way to go, IMO.

AP dining discounts at WDW are not that great. Not available everywhere and lots of times they are for lunch only. TiW card is the way to go, IMO.

Thanks, that is what I have heard and was gathering in my reading but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something!

It's also not as clear cut as at DLR. At WDW the discount varies by day, time, and resturant. This is the info from the AP website:

Dining Locations* at Epcot Theme Park
Save 10% on regularly priced food and non-alcoholic beverages Monday through Friday during lunch hours** at participating Epcot Table-Service locations listed below.

Nine Dragons Restaurant®
Teppan Edo
Tutto Italia Ristorante
Restaurant Marrakesh®
Tokyo Dining
San Angel Inn® restaurant
* Discount not available on the following dates: New Year's Day, January 1, 2012; Easter, April 8, 2012; and Mother's Day, May 13, 2012.
** Lunch hours vary by location. Inquire at time of booking.

Dining Locations* at Disney's Hollywood Studios Theme Park
At Hollywood & Vine, save 10% on regularly priced food and non-alcoholic beverages at breakfast.**

* Special events excluded. Discount not available on the following dates: New Year's Day, January 1, 2012; Valentine's day, February 14, 2012; Easter, April 8, 2012; and Mother's Day, May 13, 2012.
** Dining hours vary. Inquire at time of booking.

Dining Locations at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Save 10% on the regularly priced lunch and dinner entrées at the following venues:

Yak & Yeti®*
Rainforest Café®
For reservations at Rainforest Café®, call (407) 827-9100 . For reservations at Yak & Yeti®, call (407) 824-9384†.

* Special events excluded. Offer not available at Local Foods Café.

Dining Discounts at Downtown Disney Area
Enjoy a variety of dining discounts at Downtown Disney area. Reserve online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463†, unless otherwise noted.

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant:
Save 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages during lunch. Discount not available on the following dates: New Year's Day, January 1, 2012; Easter, April 8, 2012; and Mother's Day, May 13, 2012. Special events excluded.

Earl of Sandwich:
Save 10% on regularly priced food and non-alcoholic beverages daily.

Fulton's Crab House:
Save 20% on regularly priced food and non-alcoholic beverages daily during lunch, if seated by 3:30 p.m. Save 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages for dinner.

Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop:
Save 10% on any purchase.

House of Blues®:
Save 20% on food and non-alcoholic beverages daily in the restaurant prior to 4:00 p.m. Save 10% on food and non-alcoholic beverages after 4:00 p.m. Valid for the Passholder and up to 5 Guests.

Paradiso 37:
Save 15% on food and non-alcoholic beverages daily.

Planet Hollywood®:
Save 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily.

Pollo Campero/Fresh A-Peel:
Save 20% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily. Valid for the Passholder only.

Portobello Trattoria:
Save 20% on regularly priced food and beverages during lunch. 10% discount off the regular price of food and beverages during dinner.

Rainforest Café®:
Save 10% on regularly priced lunch and dinner entrées. Call (407) 827-9100 for reservations.

T-Rex Café®:
Save 10% on regularly priced lunch and dinner entrees. Call (407) 828-8739 for reservations.

Wolfgang Puck®:
Save 20% on regularly priced food and non-alcoholic beverages daily during lunch. Save 10% on regularly priced food and non-alcoholic beverages during dinner.

All Downtown Disney dining discounts exclude alcohol, applicable tax and gratuity and are valid for the Passholder and up to 3 Guests unless otherwise stated. Dining hours may vary; inquire at time of booking.

Dining Discounts at Disney Resort Hotels
Save 10% on regularly priced food and non-alcoholic beverages during various meal periods at select Walt Disney World Resort Table-Service locations. Reserve online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 , unless otherwise noted.

Participating restaurants include:

Disney's BoardWalk Entertainment District
ESPN Club at (Monday to Friday, Lunch Only)
Kouzzina by Cat Cora™ (Breakfast and Dinner)
Flying Fish Café (Dinner Only)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sanaa (Lunch Only)
Disney's Contemporary Resort
The Wave (Breakfast and Lunch)
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Trail's End Restaurant (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Grand Floridian Café(Breakfast Only)
Citricos (Dinner Only)
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Olivia's Café (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Turf Club (Lunch)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Café (Breakfast and Lunch)
Artist Point (Dinner Only)
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Captain's Grille (Breakfast and Lunch)
All Walt Disney World Resort dining discounts exclude alcohol, applicable tax and gratuity and are valid for the Passholder and up to 3 Guests unless otherwise stated. Priority seating may be available. Inquire at time of booking.

Dining hours vary by location; inquire at the time of booking. Discount not available on the following dates: New Year's Day, January 1, 2012; Valentine's day, February 14, 2012; Easter, April 8, 2012; and Mother's Day, May 13, 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter