AOA Skyliner- is it a nightmare?

WE stayed at CBR last year and only time it was down was at 830pm when we were leaving HS and had to wait for a bus.

Nothing new to add about rope drop but I’ve stayed at AoA and visited to let little one play at the resort. We just walked on.

Last edited:
I love the Skyliner

It's also the least reliable of all forms of Disney transportation when you take into consideration wind storms lightning heavy rain, etc etc.

I love the Skyliner

It's also the least reliable of all forms of Disney transportation when you take into consideration wind storms lightning heavy rain, etc etc.
Why, was it down a lot during your trip(s)? We have used it 30+ times and only had it closed once or twice at the most, so percentage wise that seems pretty reliable. It gets a bad rap but I think a lot of it is because WDW does a horrible job letting people know it's down and where to catch the buses and it leaves a lasting impression with people.

Last edited:

Bottom line is that Skyliner is Season dependent as to frequency of downtime with Summer being ground zero.

Skyliner is almost 100 per cent reliable these days other than weather closures.

And even then it is luck of the draw.

One Guest may have a "Skyliner went down a lot" Summer experience and another may have a "Skyliner hardly ever was down" Summer experience.

We have had both.

And as another post very well stated,the horrible transmission of info by Disney when Skyliner does go down greatly adds to "Skyliner is down AGAIN frustration".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter