Anyone want to keep track of how much they save towards their Disney vacation?????

26 Disney Dream Dollars added to my account when the statement was generated! :cool1:

$15.29 cashback in my PayPal account from one of my online shopping programs. :dance3:

That's another $41 towards my upcoming trip! Looks like enought to pay the tip on a nice dinner. :)

Planning a trip for May 2010 - birthday celebration. So far,
-started a change jar. Have been depositing all loose change at the end of the week since August.
-Put myself on a $10 a day spending budget during the week.
-I have $20 on Disney Reward Dollars and plan to use Delta Skymiles for airfare.
-Currently have 23, 046 points need 25,000 for roundtrip ticket. Have transferred points from e-rewards and e-miles to make up the difference.
-Still waiting on a pin code for hotel, want to stay at POP.
-have over 3,000 points on mypoints.com- hoping to cash in for a Landry's gift card.

We are planning and saving for our first trip home to BLT in dec of 2010! Became members in Jan of this year, but can't go this dec b/c dh is having health issues, but our savings plan is already in gear...we have about $130 in change! That will be going into a savings account here soon! We just need enough for tickets, dinning plan and souvies! Might even only need enough for the dinning plan since he might ask his parents for the tickets for Christmas next year. :banana:

I have 17 days left until I leave :woohoo:
We ended up making $460 at the yard sale...I have $598 in ebay sales.
I now have $1058.

My husband made $100 in odd jobs, and we cashed out some Discover dollars $150.00 that gets us to $1308. We made our goal :cool1:

I also got a $25 gift rewards cashed out from a cc.

I did forget to account for gas and food on the trips to and home.
So heres to wishing that I can make another $250 on ebay...the back up plan is the 3Q bonus is due in my paycheck right before we go....that will be a few hundred.

I love this thread, so many great ideas for additional income. My husband and I pretty much made our goal in about 45 days total!!!!! Not too shabby.....

My DD has applied for the Disney College Program, and in anticipation of her being accepted, and us taking her down to WDW and having a mini-vacation, I have been putting back money in our jar.

So far:

$60.00 Earned from working friend's consignment sale
$100.00 Earned from what I sold at the sale
$75.00 Small bonus hubby got today (didn't know about that one!)
$140.00 Can't remember where it came from exactly - whenever we get any extra money (birthday, etc.) we put it in the jar.

$375.00 Total so far

If she isn't accepted, we still want to go; however, it won't be in January!

Just an update...looks like we'd better speed up the savings...DD was accepted into the Disney College Program, so we'll definitely be heading down in January!

I have GOT to get busy on ebay - we have insurance due, not to mention Christmas coming up, so I need to get some things listed for some extra Disney cash!

How's everyone doing with their savings?

I just added $15.29 from a cash back shopping program and another $1.50 from a surver. Both paid via PayPal.

Not enough for even one ticket to MVMCP but hopefully a few more $'s will be coming in this week.

I did great in Sept, but not good in Oct. The goal this month is to put $2500 into savings and I think we can reach it. I have $1K to transfer into savings right now, and I need to get on the stick and get that done today. Everyone seems to be doing great with their savings!

My pickle jar has seen no progress. But I am waiting for my 100 disney gift card that I got for opening my Disney Visa and my mom got one too so I could have the card. I would have added a bunch of cash to it but I started using the visa for all my grocery shopping so I could build rewards so I don't have the cash I've saved at the end of the week to add to my jar. :sad2: Plus, I have been eating horribly lately and haven't won Biggest Loser at work for awhile. I am a savings disaster right now. :rotfl:

Sounds like some major progress is being made here - WTG everyone!

I'm doing a bit better - added 50.00 from the found cash website. It was something from a very old bank account. Got a check from Washington State, cashed it and added it to the jar. Also won Biggest Loser this week (1.9%!) so that's 10.00 added to the jar. Plus cleaned out all the change from my purse and tossed it in. Still waiting on my Disney gift cards. That will be 200.00 if they ever get here. :mad:

This is definitely a slow and steady savings plan with an emphasis on slow. :rotfl: We can't pull any large amounts from our income since we are paying down our credit cards with every extra penny we can squeak out of our paychecks. At least we are making major progress there, we'll be in very good shape by June.

I went back to a cash grocery budget - I think I can do better with that than putting it on the disney credit card. It is just so much easier to spend wisely when paying cash and since I get to put everything left at the end of the week in my jar, I know I will save MUCH more than the piddly 1-2 disney dollars I could make per week using my card. We'll use the card for larger purchases that we can pay off immediately.

Keri

Trip is now 47 days away. So far have accumulated a lot of $$ towards my trip.
- will be volunteering for the GADGADD promotion to redeem for theme park ticket
-redeemed points on Mypoints for a $50 Landry's gift card
-redeemed Skymiles on Delta for reward ticket (roundtrip)
-received a $20 rebate from Staples when I bought a new shredder
-received a $25 visa check card when I cashed in BOA rewards
-received $125 from Chase for opening a new checking account
-have $50 in DVR
-have approximately $50 in spare change (found a bank that will count for free)

still trying to find more ways to increase savings for my trip

How fun!
Let's see...We have:

3200 Mypoints points, which I will be trading in for a $100 gift card to Rainforest/T-Rex

Already have a $25 card for T-Rex/Rainforest

I received a $75 Visa card for a pet sitting Christmas bonus. I actually forgot I had stashed that way until now!!!

We have 657 Visa reward dollars, which I hope will pay for the rest of our meals.

I already used my unexpected pet sitting income to purchase $300 in Disney cards. They've been sitting there for a while...almost forgot about half of those.

You guys have been saving so much! We had several unexpected expenses come up and I had to take money out of my vacation account to cover it. So we started pretty much from square one 2 months ago. In 2 months I've saved:
$75ish in changed (my bank cashes in for free and I added it to my account)
$10 check from MySurvey.com
$9 coming from Opinionoutpost.com
$10 from MIL (she borrowed and was paying me back)
$100 from DH's expense check

So a little over $200. We have a long way to go. I almost have enough for a $10 GC to Rainforest from MyPoints, hoping I can get that soon and save up fro another one before our trip (November). We're also waiting on our GAD vouchers so that helps a little, we plan to upgrade at the park. DH is going to a conference for work, and we're tagging along. So we'll have 4 days of our hotel paid for by work, and we'll only have to pay for 3. The biggest expense is food and tickets. I wish I could cut that down some.

I just saw this thread and had to pop on to do a happy dance.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I wrapped all our silver change the other night, the jar was overflowing so I decided it was time. We had just over $350 dollars. We still have 234 days to save change and all the pennies (I don't do the pennies, if the kids want to it's theirs to keep.) It took me just uner 2 hours. I told my DH that I would love a job that paid me that well to sit on my butt watching TV.

We've just decided to go in July since both teens said yes they would go on vacation with us (19yrs & 17yrs)..so I'm grabbing at the chance to go! I'll need to save more aggressively now! So far I have:

$300-disney visa rewards
$500 vacation account
$200 - spare change jar
4- GAD tixs
4- water parks leftover from another trip

I have $650 in Disney Gift Cards
$40.00 in the change jar
$300 in savings account
$50 gift card for T-Rex (working on another $25)
Have 2 $6 checks for doing survey's that I haven't put into savings
I have tickets bought, airfare bought, one night deposit down for each room

We leave in 67 days! :banana:

Still working on money for food and to pay off rest of room expense. I setup a budget so I know how much I need to save each month to make the goal. I will be taking $1,000 out of bank account to move to savings on April 1st. If I don't do this it gets spent. We are also having a garage sale early May and I usually make about $400.

For our trip to DL in June, I've got:

$400 Disney reward money
$460 in our Disney vacation jar (bills only)
$62 change jar
4 GAD tickets
$400 Ebay money (stuff I've sold)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter