• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone there now? Are the stores bare at the resorts?

schoen

DIS Veteran
my friends are arriving at OKW tomorrow am (assuming their flight is not canceled). Will there be any food/water in the store for them if they need to hunker down during the storm? TIA!

When we were at AKL for Charlie, Disney provided food/drink. The gift shop had a run on games and all sorts of entertainment, but food was well-stocked.

Disney is relocating guests at SSR Treehouses and Polynesian bungalows to other locations.

If arriving to OKW I would make sure I brought my own. It is harder when you are staying at locations without access to the main areas without going outside.

Yes, moved from BWV to AKL Kidani today and resort shops are very well stocked. Staff here are either playing dumb or uninformed not sure which but no info about relocating anyone. I found that here on DIS.
I asked about what happens if storm causes guest to be stranded if highways closed? Response was giggle and reassurance that it never happens but they don't cover flight delay or cancellations. Strange response that only made me miss the early DVC resort staff. Guess we will find all the answers soon.

Are they trimming palm trees and removing items around the resorts that could turn into projectiles, like trash cans?

Are they trimming palm trees and removing items around the resorts that could turn into projectiles, like trash cans?
Yes. And planning on a big cleanup afterwards.

Orlando Airport is closing this evening. As to supplies onsite, deliveries from east coast will be compromised by road & bridge conditions. And I think the CMs on duty are instructed how to respond. Please be patient. They are taking care of guests when most would rather be home comforting their kids (schools are closed) or taking care of their homes.

OK, must comment....

Of COURSE WDW will be compromised. Folks, seriously? They are in FL. The ROADS will be compromised. The AIRPORTS will be compromised. The water and power systems will be VERY compromised. Really - what would you like WDW to DO?

Let's give 'em a break. They are doing what they can, in a bad situation. We have a CM friend that is basically on DISASTER duty. No details - WDW is doing their BEST - but they can not fix the WEATHER.

Please - when good people do good things to try as well as they may to adjust to NATURE? Let's support them :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter