Anyone taken the World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered Tour?!

AnnaKat

Mouseketeer
Was going behind the scenes in the 11 Pavilions fascinating, or not worth the 5 hours?!

We would like to book it for our upcoming trip, but if there is very little backstage portion,
it would not seem worth it,
as you can tour & take pics outside of backstage on your own, for no fee.
Any reviews would be appreciated.

Yep. Last May. It was wonderful and I highly recommend it.
It's not just a tour looking at things you see on a regular trip.
Some is backstage but I'd say most is on
It's about pointing out things 99% of the people overlook. And telling you secrets on how the pavilions are built that most would never know.
The bulk of the tour is done with WS closed, which is also awesome.
Food is wonderful.

Not to hijack, but I was wondering about reviews for this too. We actually have the tour booked for our trip next month and received a recent call from Disney about changes to the tour. Instead of starting at 9:30 am, it now starts at 8:00 am. The lunch has also been changed to Rose and Crown (this is an assumption; she actually said lunch in the UK pavilion). I haven't had a chance to call back and inquire about the changes yet.

We almost booked this tour for our upcoming trip but went with the Undiscovered Futureworld tour instead as there aren't many (any??) reviews of this tour out there. Would love to do it next time! Glad to hear you enjoyed it @AngiTN; @OhioWDWDuo please post a review after your tour next month! Hope you enjoy it :goodvibes

Not to hijack, but I was wondering about reviews for this too. We actually have the tour booked for our trip next month and received a recent call from Disney about changes to the tour. Instead of starting at 9:30 am, it now starts at 8:00 am. The lunch has also been changed to Rose and Crown (this is an assumption; she actually said lunch in the UK pavilion). I haven't had a chance to call back and inquire about the changes yet.

The site now says Rose & Crown, where did it used to be?

We did it in October and really enjoyed it. I agree with @AngiTN most of the tour is "onstage" not backstage. But the facts and info they share are things you would never know just touring.
Our lunch was at Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco. I would do the tour again and I do recommend it

The site now says Rose & Crown, where did it used to be?
It was in Marrakesh for us too
Not sure how they'll do it for Rose and Crown but at Marrakesh you didn't get pick of the menu, you got to choose between a chicken or a veggie dish. I know when we did the Holiday D-Lights Tour several years ago we had dinner at WCC and it was the same concept, you didn't get the menu to order from, you got a fixed meal, everyone at the same thing. I suspect it will be something similar at Rose and Crown. Just so you are prepared.

Starting earlier is better, more time before the park opens. Something that I really enjoyed was getting in to Epcot earlier. Even though the tour started at 9:30 and the park opened at 9:00 we were let in with the early ADR crowd. A nice bonus. We went and sat outside Starbucks waiting on it to open, were the first ones in to order coffee and muffins and sat and ate them during the park opening. We watched the fountain dance, which I guess few get to see since they started it at the same time the started to let the guests in. By the time anyone had walked to the fountain area they were pretty much done with the announcements and music. We would have had time to get in place and ride TT had we really wanted to (check in for the tour was the building nearish to TT/MS

For anyone who has done this tour, do they take you on /into any WS attractions? The disney site that describes the tour includes attractions in description. Five hours seems like such a long tour... I know a chunk of that time would be lunch just wondering if would be able to get in some WS attractions rather than lose that ideal morning time for attractions (looks like website is listing 8:15ish tour times right now).

For anyone who has done this tour, do they take you on /into any WS attractions? The disney site that describes the tour includes attractions in description. Five hours seems like such a long tour... I know a chunk of that time would be lunch just wondering if would be able to get in some WS attractions rather than lose that ideal morning time for attractions (looks like website is listing 8:15ish tour times right now).
If you mean rides, yes. We did get to ride boat ride in Mexico at the very end of the tour.
You also look at all the various countries in depth.

I did this a couple of weeks ago, and it was one of the best tours I've ever done. If you get Ray, you're in for a real treat! It starts at 8am because they decided that with customer feedback, it was better to start then, as it's not quite as hot.
Also, lunch is at Rose and Crown. Everyone gets the scotch egg (you share one between 2 people), you then get to choose from about 4 main courses. You then share the sticky toffee pudding between two of you. I was a bit disappointed going there as I was looking forward to Morocco. I'm English, so Rose and Crown was somewhere I never felt the need to go. The starter and the pudding were amazing. I wasn't impressed with the fish and chips that I had though. For a start, there was no mushy peas! The batter and chips were decent, but the fish wasn't good at all.
The tour itself was brilliant. We went all over the place! We didn't do any attractions but we went backstage a lot. Our tour was actually over 6 hours in the end, as we were all having such a good time, and Ray wanted to make sure we got the most out of it possible. I would recommend it without any concerns whatsoever.

I did this a couple of weeks ago, and it was one of the best tours I've ever done. If you get Ray, you're in for a real treat! It starts at 8am because they decided that with customer feedback, it was better to start then, as it's not quite as hot.
Also, lunch is at Rose and Crown. Everyone gets the scotch egg (you share one between 2 people), you then get to choose from about 4 main courses. You then share the sticky toffee pudding between two of you. I was a bit disappointed going there as I was looking forward to Morocco. I'm English, so Rose and Crown was somewhere I never felt the need to go. The starter and the pudding were amazing. I wasn't impressed with the fish and chips that I had though. For a start, there was no mushy peas! The batter and chips were decent, but the fish wasn't good at all.
The tour itself was brilliant. We went all over the place! We didn't do any attractions but we went backstage a lot. Our tour was actually over 6 hours in the end, as we were all having such a good time, and Ray wanted to make sure we got the most out of it possible. I would recommend it without any concerns whatsoever.
They do HAVE mushy peas to go with it. Wonder if you can request it with the tour's meal?

LOL... I can only assume it's not something that appeals to most pallets so they make them optional.
Maybe. It was really funny though. There were five of us on the tour, and all the Americans were keen to know how authentic the food and restaurant was. We ended up spending ages talking about The Great British Bake Off :-)

First I have heard of this tour. Could someone point me towards more information?

Thanks! And remember the open invitation for real lobster rolls! ;-)

MDE shows this tour closed?

Last edited:
Thanks! And remember the open invitation for real lobster rolls! ;-)

MDE shows this tour closed?
One of these days I'll venture north of the Mason-Dixon line ;)

Call or change the dates. The results shown for the tour will vary based on the date you enter. I'd be surprised if it's stopped already but anything is possible.

I took this tour in August and I loved it. It was very informative. Lunch was at Rose and Crown. The pub burger was fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts