Anyone take time off from work to make ADRs?

bitohoney

DIS Veteran
I haven't booked my trip yet because I'm scared :guilty: but my planned date will put my 180 day window on a day that I work. I work from 6am-2pm so I either have to take a couple of hours in the morning or wait until I get off. I think I'll be ok if I wait but I obsess with ADRs. Anyone else take some time off of work to make them?

No, it wouldn't occur to me to even do that. Can you juggle your schedule and take an early break or something? Is there someone else that can make them for you (at least the really hard to get ADRs)?

See if a friend can do them for you. At least they will be done and you won't have to take time off.

My BFF did ours and I have her my list of which parks which days and which places I wanted to eat. If I "had" to eat somewhere, like Canada, and I couldn't get in on my "Epcot" day, I gave her permission to change my park day to whatever day was available for Canada. We are very food oriented when we go so I had no problem with some switches.

If you choose not to do it that way, at least they will be done and you can always change them.

Good luck!:cool1:

Can't you do it online at midnight now? I thought you could... altho I have to admit I have not been as bad about needing to make my adr's at the very first second lately so I am not sure

Taking time off for me isn't an issue especially if I schedule it. I have plenty of time and actually have use or lose hours for the year. And me staying up until midnight!! :rotfl2: I can barely make it until 10pm! I know, I could set my alarm but I want my mind to function properly! And I'm to OCDish to have someone else do it. :rolleyes1
Just wanted to know if anyone else has done it!

Can't you do it online at midnight now? I thought you could... altho I have to admit I have not been as bad about needing to make my adr's at the very first second lately so I am not sure

Nope, it rolls over at 6am Eastern. For awhile after it was released, there was a glitch, but that was fixed around the same time they opened it up from 90 days to 180 (erm.. they went back to 180 I should say).

Taking time off for me isn't an issue especially if I schedule it. I have plenty of time and actually have use or lose hours for the year. And me staying up until midnight!! :rotfl2: I can barely make it until 10pm! I know, I could set my alarm but I want my mind to function properly! And I'm to OCDish to have someone else do it. :rolleyes1
Just wanted to know if anyone else has done it!
I'm sure some people have. I almost did for my last year's trip, (well, went in late), but ended up not having to. Of course, I work 8-5 Central, so that gives a bit of extra time.

If you want to, have the time, and don't have issues with superiors, then by all means, go for it. It wouldn't be worth risking anything to do with your job, but if it's not going to, there's no harm.

Otherwise, a friend/family member to get the crucial ones would be the best bet, and then do the lesser priority/less likely to fill up when you get home.

what are your travel dates that makes a huge difference on whether or not you need to worry.
my trip is June of this year I made mine in Feb and i got everyone even the hardest ones like le cellier,crt, cp and 30 others
i have never doen my adrs right at 6am and have always gotten what i wanted
i agree with you i have control issues and would never let someone else do my adrs lol

I have taken off to make ADR's in the past, but that was before the online system. Now, I can do them when I want and don't have to worry about wretchedly long hold times. :thumbsup2

Not with the time difference. I did luck out this year as I was booking during Easter Weekend so I didn't have to work after waking up at 2:45am each morning.

With the online system it is really easy to book. If you don't work near computers and can't get to one during lunch/coffee break-I would ask a friend or family member to get at least your hard to get ADR's. If you are staying longer than 10 nights then you can just put the hard to get ones at the end of your trip and not have to worry so much.

Funny thing - I posted the same question on the UK boards a few months back. I got off okay this year as my ADR day fell on a holiday. It did get me to thinking when I look for dates to book in the future, I need to count back to see when the 180 days falls :lmao: I would have taken a day off to do it as I am in the GMT timezone so my ADRs had to be made at 11 am. There is no way I would be able to do it at work, as many people posted on that thread that they do. Those with the option to do so said that they work from home on their ADR day. There were reports however that explanations to employers for the reason for the day/time off were met with great curiosity and a look that suggested the DISer ought to be examined from the neck up .... :laughing:

With use or lose available, I would take the time and make sure all choices are what you want. Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter