Anyone take a late flight into MCO?

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
I have just booked two bonus point tickets with Air Canada for our Sept flight. However, we don't get into Orlando until approx 10:30pm from Toronto. We'll be using National Emerald Aisle so hopefully there will be cars left to choose from! Also guess we'll need to bring strollers for the kids (7 & 4) as I'm expecting they'll be very sleepy and won't be walking too much. Anyone have experience arriving late into an airport and have any issues? Thanks, Jo

We took a late Air Canada flight back in 2002 ... We booked a towncar and our driver was waiting for us. The airport is pretty quiet at that time of night ... I don't remember if there were any shops or if the food court was open. I didn't have any problems otherwise :)

On my last trip down to WDW, my AC flight didn't arrive in Orlando until 11:18pm. That's right, not 11:15, or 11:20, but 11:18! ;)

I was a little apprehensive, since I was traveling solo, but I had a towncar booked, and like Bunnyfoo's experience, they were there and waiting.

Don't forget, there will be a whole plane load of people picking up cars, checking for their towncars, etc. You won't really be alone. :)

Jo-Anne,

We flew into MCO at 11:30 pm last March. We used Emerald Aisle and there were plenty of vehicles available (We got an SUV). What was surprising was how busy it was at this time. We had a line waiting to pull out of the garage.

Tink42

Hi Jo-Anne!

We have never flown late to MCO, but we came from from Canada to Atlanta at 10pm this Xmas. I fully expected the kids (8&5) to be tired and cranky, but they weren't! I think the whole flying thing (and in your case - going to WDW) will keep them awake. I wouldn't really worry about strollers (maybe for the 4yr old), as what we did was have them sit on top of the luggage cart and wheeled them to the car that way.
However, the walk/luggage ride to the car was pretty brutal, because that is when they got grumpy. It might be a good idea to have your DH get the car and you wait with the kids and luggage at the airport. This way if they are really tired, they can just sit/sleep instead of the hassle of going to the car. Do this even if the car is off-site.
Also, our kids stayed up until we got home (11:30pm) but the next day......:scared1: :faint: They were tired! Plan an easy day that first one- you won't regret it!

Have a great trip! :wave2:

We took the same flight in October and it was fine. :) I also had Emerald Aisle and had no problem finding a car (we picked a brand new Impala with 1000 miles on it :)) You can choose from the A or the B side car rental lots so if you didn't find a suitable one on the B-side (where you'll be arriving with Air Canada) you could always try the A-side...but hopefully you'll be fine. :)

We've taken AC922 the last three trips. There are lots of people around and no waits for rental cars (at least at AVIS). Car supply isn't an issue. They've got to have them on the ground for the morning flights.

We're booked again in late April. We can leave Halifax at 5:00 pm and end up in our Orlando Hotel before midnight. It is nice to start your day in Florida instead of going to the airport.

3 weeks ago we flew in Air Canada on the 11 pm. We actually got there at 12:30.-delayed in T.O. by U.S.customs. They held the plane until everyone cleared.FL Tours met us. The only grocery store open on the way to wdw then was Goodings, the others closed at mid-night or earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter