Anyone started Christmas shopping yet? What, Where and for who?

I've never heard of this, but sounds like something DS would like. Is it appropriate for a 14 year old boy?

I think it would be fine for your DS. My DS is 16 and requested this gift. The show has 4 guys doing dumb pranks/ challenges on people, 1 at a time. If the person doing the prank fails he goes on the loser board. Out of the 4 the person with the most losses as to do a challenge that the winners come up with. This is the funniest part of the show.

I have put a huge dent in my list tonight. We are having a local TV auction and I have bought so much stuff. Lots of gift cards and activities.

Does he have the game Sushi Go? It's really a lot of fun for all ages. There's a more expensive version called Sushi Go Party that we haven't tried yet. That looks fun too but maybe a little more confusing.

With Target's 20% toys sale this week, I picked up Sushi Go for $7. Seems like a good game for a good price. Also got the Oregon Trail card came with B2G1 free sale, bringing it down to $6.67. Got three -- for nostalgia for the brothers who remember playing the video game in their youth and for my son as well.

Other good game ideas? We have games everywhere, but people always seem to want more (a good collection/obsession if you ask me since board and card games promote playing together).

PSA: Huge sale at the Disney Store on select costumes. I saw Mulan, Merida, Alice (cartoon), Alice (movie), Mad Hatter, Buzz Lightyear. Highest price was $21.95 and they were an additional 25% off. Accessories for those costumes were also 25% off. If your littles like to dress up these would make awesome Christmas presents!

I got my DD7 and Alice dress with the headband and shoes for $30! Pretty good deal! Bonus is she wants an Alice themed birthday party next year. Double SCORE :)

That reminds me of the 70% Halloween shopping I did at Target! Deluxe Ariel for $10 (Christmas or next Disney trip). Wizard of Oz Dorothy dress for $6 at one Target and Toto in basket for $4.50 at the other Target. I consider that great luck to get all the pieces! School musical this spring will be Wizard of Oz so she can wear it to a performance and for Halloween next year. Score!

Toys R Us has B1G3 free on Disney Infinity figures. I know they've been clearanced everywhere for a while, but they sill had some better selection than other places. They still had the Inside Out emotions and Zootopia!

For those of you trying to think of good ideas for in-laws- or young adults

I order a subscription to Sports Illustrated that comes with an one year all digit access and 50 print issues for 39.00. It comes with two free gifts, a NFL team jacket AND a NFL team t-shirt (your choice of team).

This will be a HUGE gift for my son who is ALL Sports -All the time! He keeps up with them all and so having the digital access (computer, phone, ipad) will be perfect for him! Sports Illustrated is very well written and even I who is not into sports to much enjoy reading the articles. And as a teacher, it is a great way to get your children to read non-fiction!

I also bought my mother-in-law and my own mother magazine subscriptions to Good Housekeeping - one year for 7.97. This is a great price and a magazine they both love.
I also bought my DD the Yoshi's Woolly World game with the amiibo figure together for 39.00. If you buy the game by itself it is 29.00 to 49.00 (different stores and online/in store) and then the amiibo figure is 15.95 by itself - so it is a great deal. They only had two in my store but you can get the deal on line at Best Buy. here is the link. - They have different colored amiibo's (pink, blue and green) so you can look on the site for the different colored bundle.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yoshis-...bundle-nintendo-wii-u/5457100.p?skuId=5457100

Can check off my 2 nephews. Nerf guns and extra ammo from target with the 20% off. My 2 DS(20,18) wanted to play with them as soon as I got home! These are the ones with the balls-I guess they have seen videos of them in action.

(my faux son usually gets a six month loot crate subscription and a couple of gifts to open).

What is your opinion of loot crate? I was considering a subscription for my DD but the reviews seem to be pretty mixed.

I'm even closer to finishing than I expected! Dh's parents came over last night for dinner and we started talking about the stressful parts of Christmas. And we decided without any drama that we would stop exchanging gifts with the adults! I am so excited. Now we can focus on the meal and just spending the time together.

So I mentioned it to my parents and the look of shock on their faces! o_O They are living on a small budget and I've already asked them to not give us as much this year so I was hoping we could eliminate it altogether and they could just focus on the grandkids which is more fun anyway. But I'll try again next year!

We'll be spending Christmas in Punta Cana, flying out on Christmas Eve, so that will be the main present. DS9 has already received the only item on his list, the Lego Death Star so I keep asking him to make a small list. The only thing he can think of is the new Skylanders game since he has completed the previous versions.

What is your opinion of loot crate? I was considering a subscription for my DD but the reviews seem to be pretty mixed.

My son (and his best friend - we get him a subscription for his birthday and Christmas - he's like another son to us) love it! And I really do think it's a bargain. There's a tshirt in each box and there have only been one or two that my son wasn't interested in. I will say the "stuff" adds up quickly. Each box usually comes with two or three sit around type things. But, they are typically very cool sit around things!

We took advantage of the TRU spend $100 get a $25 GC for Dec deal. We bought:
DD4- shopkins bike $64.99 (regular 89.99)
Helmet 29.99
Lego set $29.99

DS6- 2 Nerf guns plus amo $30 all together
Lego set $60- regular $99.99

Plus we got some Halloween candy at 90% off that I can use in my classroom

We split it into two transactions so we got two gift cards that I'll use for Pokémon cards for DS, a Vtech running cat toddler toy for my niece to repay all the annoying gifts she bought for my kids, some art stuff for DD and for my kids gifts to each other.

My big decision is hatchimals. I have two. The reviews arent stellar. But... they are like "the toy." Not sure if I'm gonna keep them. So... if I don't, DL I just return them and have good karma. Or do I sell them?

My big decision is hatchimals. I have two. The reviews arent stellar. But... they are like "the toy." Not sure if I'm gonna keep them. So... if I don't, DL I just return them and have good karma. Or do I sell them?

You sell them... to ME!! I was in Wal Mart a month or so and there was a big pallet of these. I walked right by. Now DDs are begging. Sigh. Just kidding about the selling to me part... I think you return them and have good karma. :)

Target has their Black Friday preview ad up on their website, if anyone wants to take a peak. Only thing I'm interested in is the Finding Dory DVD.

I'm done! Ordered last gift today. Panda hat and mitt set for our daughter. In October I went to order the American girl kitchen from the store here in Canada that sells AA. Sold out. Made me realise I had to get moving. Blitzed it over the next few weeks. I'm on to wrapping! Now I can enjoy baking and doing my tree.

Just an idea I am throwing out there--DSD is 15 and very picky about her makeup and last year she got a makeup advent set from QVC for Christmas and really liked it. She's asking for another one this year. Not really something for under the tree but like I said, putting it out there.

I ordered the Beats headphones at Target last night. They are doing a pre-black friday deal through today. Used my red card so that took care of most of the tax.

I tried to order the Beats headphones online and it says shipping not available :( My DS wants these more than anything! All of the stores within 100 miles of me are out of stock. Anyone able to help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter