Anyone Run Into Issues With Southwest Park Tickets?

darly2004

Mouseketeer
I had bought 6-day Disney park tickets through the Southwest deal a few months ago. I tried calling a few weeks ago to see if I can change my date so I can get my ticket ID early to link with MDE. I was told they cannot change my dates and I needed to wait until the 60 day mark to get my ticket ID #. Today is my 60 day mark and I did not get an email with the Ticket ID #. I called back and now I am told I need to pick my tickets up at will call when I arrive at Disney World. There is no way for them to retrieve the ticket ID # for me. Did anyone else run into this? Just a warning for those who purchased the tickets through Southwest. You should call prior to your 60 days to see if it is true. I may have to cancel these tickets and get something else. Any other deals out there?

not with southwest but I've heard people take the minimum info they had from others and call disney to get them linked ahead of time. If they are at will call, they should be able to find them in the system and line it up with your mde account.

With Southwest, the tickets are vouchers that you trade for tickets at the will call window. You will need the printed confirmation and an ID to claim the tickets at will call. Unfortunately, they have a strict change and cancellation policy as well.

You shouldn't need to pick them up. I bought the deal a few months ago too, but I used dates like a week later and got the code the next day. So they are definitely capable of getting the code. I'd call again and speak to someone else.

I purchased my park tickets through the Southwest deal and just returned on Sunday from my trip without running into any issues. Southwest sent me my ticket code about 64 days before my trip and I was able to link it to MDE right away. If I remember correctly, there was a thread a while back where someone called Southwest and was specifically told that they'd receive their code 64 days ahead of time too. Seems a bit strange that they'd change the redemption policy for the tickets.

not with southwest but I've heard people take the minimum info they had from others and call disney to get them linked ahead of time. If they are at will call, they should be able to find them in the system and line it up with your mde account.

How do I do that if I don't have Ticket ID#?

You shouldn't need to pick them up. I bought the deal a few months ago too, but I used dates like a week later and got the code the next day. So they are definitely capable of getting the code. I'd call again and speak to someone else.

My mistake was I did not enter an earlier date. I didn't think it would affect it. I have been on the phone with them for a total of 1 1/2 hrs already. On the phone again now :( Wish they had told me when I called last time I would have tried to look for other tickets.

I had a similar problem with Flight Centre here in Canada. I called the WDW ticket phone number and gave them my name and some information that I had from Flight Centre and they were able to find me in their system and give me the ticket numbers. I think I also had to give them my cc number

How do I do that if I don't have Ticket ID#?

The same way you would walk up to will call, they are in your name and take whatever other info you might have on the order with southwest.. Just call them up, tell them that southwest is saying you must wait to pick them up at will call and you think that's a horrible ticket partner and you would like 60 days to get your fastpasses like everyone else. They will find them in the system and get them linked to you.

As many have mentioned, if you have voucher numbers, Disney ticketing should be able to look up the code for MDE and help you link the tickets. I purchased Park Savers tickets and got impatient waiting for the second e-mail to come. Waited about 24 hours after my initial purchase and Disney verified my information over the phone with what I had used to purchase the tickets and I was all set.

Disney ticketing is 407-566-4985. Worth a try!

I had bought 6-day Disney park tickets through the Southwest deal a few months ago. I tried calling a few weeks ago to see if I can change my date so I can get my ticket ID early to link with MDE. I was told they cannot change my dates and I needed to wait until the 60 day mark to get my ticket ID #. Today is my 60 day mark and I did not get an email with the Ticket ID #. I called back and now I am told I need to pick my tickets up at will call when I arrive at Disney World. There is no way for them to retrieve the ticket ID # for me. Did anyone else run into this? Just a warning for those who purchased the tickets through Southwest. You should call prior to your 60 days to see if it is true. I may have to cancel these tickets and get something else. Any other deals out there?
Are you staying onsite?

Yes, we are staying onsite. So, I got the issue resolved. For some reason, there was no voucher attached to the email that they sent. The person I talked to in the afternoon was able to call someone who found the #. What a relief! Fastpasses booked! It is our first trip to WDW and that was not expected at all. Thanks so much everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter