Anyone here try dietbet?

Disneyfn420

DIS Veteran
I just found out about this site dietbet.com. Basically you bet a certain amount and you need to lose 4% of your weight in 4 weeks. There are a bunch of different groups to join in and different bet amounts. I just signed up for a contest as I hope it will motivate me. Just wondering if anyone on here has tried it and how much you got paid if you won. The pot I'm in is over $4K but everyone who hits their goal splits the money and the site takes a cut too, so won't be a huge amount(if my math is correct on a $25 bet if half the people hit their goal I'd get about $43), but it's kind of fun to have something to work towards.

A colleague asked me to join and we start tomorrow! It sounded intriguing and I am hoping that it motivates me all month long. :)

You have to submit 2 pics. One a full body shot and another of the scale with a code word they give you. Granted there are still ways of cheating I suppose but then you are just cheating yourself. Unless the majority of people miss their goal you won't win a ton of money, even with a large pot(so not sure it's worth it to cheat if you are only doing it for money) so I'm doing it to motivate me so I don't lose my money and hope that I get a little extra when it's over.

How do they verify your weigh ins?

Just to follow up I finished my first diet bet and won. On a $25 bet I won $49.58 so I netted $24.58, almost doubled my money..and I lost weight! It definitely motivated me and made me think before I ate. I also hit the gym on days I normally would have blown off. I'm doing another round of it now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter