• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have pictures of Blue Bayou??

3for Me

DIS Veteran
Being a New Orleanian, I am truly torn between eating at BB or Cafe Orleans.

The menu at Cafe Orleans is somewhat more appealing, but I keep thinking I am missing "an experience" by not eating at BB.
Anyone have any pic's of the interior and what makes the ambiance so special? BTW, I do have a huge pirate fan pirate: in my family, so the appeal of POTC is weighing in on this decision. TIA!:)

Finding it quite difficult to find any picture that perfectly captures the ambiance, but here are some of the shots I took last weekend. Also, it's really dark, so photos usually don't come out that good.

n1063110395_30044197_7556.jpg

n1063110395_30044198_7906.jpg

Now, I remind you that I had dinner at 4:15. It was still light outside.

Not really a cave. It seems like you are sitting on the banks of a bayou (now mind you I haven't done that for real).

If you have seen POTC2, the scene where they are going to see Tia Dalma, is more what the inside looks like, except not quite as elaborate as the movie and there are no people standing around looking at you. Well except for the people in line for POTC. ;)

If you are looking for ambiance, I would say definately eat at BB. :goodvibes

Cafe Orleans is in the midst of everything. You can people watch, hear the band playing nearby, hear the train whistle as it comes in, etc.

Blue Bayou feels like you've stepped away from the people and noise. It's dark and quiet. You hear crickets and the water from the ride.

I always prefer Blue Bayou because it's so nice to have a quiet, dark break from the hustle and bustle of the parks. :)

Blue Bayou is like you are sitting on the porch of an old plantation house right on the shore in the late evening. You hear the crickets, you hear the water lapping by, you can even see a shooting star if you watch the ceiling long enough. (BTW you can see this from the ride too, but most people miss it because they are watching the ride scenes).

Cafe Orleans, you're still sitting on the porch of a house, but you in the middle of the french quarter. There's much more people watching here. And sometimes Captain Jack will wander by.

Thanks for all the fabulous replies! Lots to think about. DH would love something quiet, while I am a people watcher...:rolleyes:

I loved this restaurant. quiet,good food, good service, good portions.

Just try to book early and ask for the water view if possible.

Although we ususally eat at Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou is truly an "experience". You've got to do it at least once! That's my vote! Ask for a table near the water...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter