Anyone Have ADHD and a Droopy Eye?

shoegirl1020

Mouseketeer
I noticed again today that my ds8 has a "droopy" eye. I know in the past I've seen this but just let it go and it went away. It doesn't bother him at all. When I mentioned it to DH he told me that he heard somewhere that kids with ADHD or learning disabilities tend to have a droopy eye. But that's coming from a man who told me the dr said our ds2 was bulmic :happytv: , when he meant ANEMIC:rotfl:

So my question has anyone heard about this "droopy" eye. I hate to call the peditrican, and besides ds8 HATES to go there, and it normally results in me sitting on the ground in the parking lot with him.

Editted to add: DS8 also has developmental delays and is on a few different meds, which he has been on for longer than a year.

DS10 has ADHD but no droopy eye. I have never heard of that. He does have Pars Planitis which is an extremely rare eye disease but it has nothing to do with the ADHD. It is an infection in the back of the eye. If it doesn't bother him and has been there a while, would probably wait until a well visit to check on it. You may want to do a google search and see what you can find out. Good luck

Thanks for you reply. Just for the record, it was droopey in the morning and by the afternoon it was gone. Kind of like the pictea he would get around his neck and under his chin. I would call the dr, they'd make an appointment and by the time we got there-GONE- that $15.00 co-pay makes all the difference:rotfl:

My ds (12) had been diagnosed at age 6 with ADHD. He has had problems with his eyes on and off since he was around 6 years old as well. He has had 2 surgeries for an eye condition called Strabismus. It has to do with the muscles in his eyes. I thought it had to do with a hereditary problem on his father's side (his father had surgery to repair a drooping eyelid when he was a boy) I wonder if it has anything to do with the medication? My son takes Adderall XR 20 mg. once a day. I think I'm going to Google this and see what I can find out. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

My ds (12) had been diagnosed at age 6 with ADHD. He has had problems with his eyes on and off since he was around 6 years old as well. He has had 2 surgeries for an eye condition called Strabismus. It has to do with the muscles in his eyes. I thought it had to do with a hereditary problem on his father's side (his father had surgery to repair a drooping eyelid when he was a boy) I wonder if it has anything to do with the medication? My son takes Adderall XR 20 mg. once a day. I think I'm going to Google this and see what I can find out. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

We just saw his med prescriber last night. Luckily his eye was a little droopy, although I had dh take a picture yesterday as soon as he noticed it. The dr felt that it was just because he's tired and one eye usually gets droopier than the other. He takes Ritilan, not Adderall also. But does take other meds for his bi-polar disorder

thanks!

My ds took certain chemo meds that caused his eyelid to droop. Usually if he was getting too much of this medicine. I would say check on the side effects of his meds. Sometimes those might cause it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter