Anyone ever had any luck...

Madame

DIS Veteran
using the modify reservation tool on a hard to get reservation? Like BoG or B&C?

I've been trying for a wk (I hate to admit it but I'm spending serious time on MDE :/) to modify a BoG bfkst from 3-6 (or even four or five). Nada.

I just picked up B&C for 4 which I desperately want to keep, but wondering if I should let it go. We don't have or want 2 MDEs or I'd try that route.

using the modify reservation tool on a hard to get reservation? Like BoG or B&C?

1. I've been trying for a wk (I hate to admit it but I'm spending serious time on MDE :/) to modify a BoG bfkst from 3-6 (or even four or five). Nada.

2. I just picked up B&C for 4 which I desperately want to keep, but wondering if I should let it go.

3. We don't have or want 2 MDEs or I'd try that route.
1. To modify a reservation there has to be availability for the larger sized group you are trying to book. BOG is one of the most difficult reservations to get and it books up quickly so there probably isn't any availability for 6 at this time.

2. Are only 4 planning to dine at B&C? If all 6 plan to be there, everyone needs to be on the reservation or there is a possibility that 2 in your group will not be seated, especially since B&C is a very small restaurant. Or, in the case of BOG because it is extremely popular.

3. If you are willing to make a second account you could look for a second BOG or B&C reservation at the same time as your current reservation and ask to be seated together when you check in. If you don't want a second MDE account you will have to look for a reservation for 6 if everyone in your group plans to be at the restaurant. Keep checking online for a cancellation or you can check the cancellation thread for your month that is at the top of this forum.

1. To modify a reservation there has to be availability for the larger sized group you are trying to book. BOG is one of the most difficult reservations to get and it books up quickly so there probably isn't any availability for 6 at this time.

2. Are only 4 planning to dine at B&C? If all 6 plan to be there, everyone needs to be on the reservation or there is a possibility that 2 in your group will not be seated, especially since B&C is a very small restaurant. Or, in the case of BOG because it is extremely popular.

3. If you are willing to make a second account you could look for a second BOG or B&C reservation at the same time as your current reservation and ask to be seated together when you check in. If you don't want a second MDE account you will have to look for a reservation for 6 if everyone in your group plans to be at the restaurant. Keep checking online for a cancellation or you can check the cancellation thread for your month that is at the top of this forum.
I've had much better luck calling Disney Dining directly than using the online tool...including going from 2 to 5 at BOG and Crystal Palace pre-park opening breakfast

I have found LaCellier and Ohanas in the past by checking and rechecking. But it was not a matter of days, instead weeks. I just kept one tab open in my browser every time I was on the computer,many checked every so often.
Patience!

If I'm going from 4-6 is it just looking for 2 extras at the same time, or is it looking for 6? I'm wondering if I should just release the others and go back to looking for 6 only.

I would look for both, 2 & 6. If you find a spot for 2, that would probably require a different phone no/ MDE to book. At BOG, you choose your own table, so whichever group gets in first (the party of 2 or 4) would just pick a table big enough for you all to sit at. Then the others would just meet up with you inside.

If you find an ADR for 2 near your already existing one at B&C, you could try asking to sit together. But the place is really small, so that might not be possible without a pretty long wait. But you will certainly still be able to see each other & maybe chat a bit. If there are tweens or teens, they might like to sit at a table by themselves.

If you really want these restaurants, I wouldn't release what you have right now. Finding a spot for 2 might be easier than finding one for 6. Give yourself a chance to see if you can make it work first. You can cancel anytime until midnight the night before. You don't want to regret giving up the 4 spot if you find a 2 later.

Last edited:
Have you tried Touring Plans Reservation Finder? A lot of people are reporting success with it on here. You gave to make an account, but the service is free. They send an alert when your request pops up as available. Then you need to go on and try to reserve it ASAP. You can put in two at a time I believe, and then reset if you miss it or need another one. Can't hurt!

I would have someone in your party make another MDE and link your accounts so you are all listed, so you can add a party of two if one comes up around the same time as your other for BOG, as the smaller numbers are easier to get there and you can seat yourselves. (You can use their login to check it yourself if you want). Also, keep checking as you have been(after calling to see about modifying numbers as PP mentioned) because things do pop up - been trying to get lunch at BOG for friends on their MK day during Christmas week, and since they planned late at end of Oct., it was harder to get. Yesterday doing daily random check, party of 4 popped up at 11:50!

We don't have or want 2 MDEs or I'd try that route.

If I'm going from 4-6 is it just looking for 2 extras at the same time, or is it looking for 6? I'm wondering if I should just release the others and go back to looking for 6 only.
If you absolutely do not want a second MDE account you will have to look for a reservation that includes everyone that will be at the restaurant - so 6 even though you already have reservations for 3 or 4 at BOG and B&C. Once you find a reservation for 6 you can cancel your current reservations. With just one MDE account you will not be able to make two reservations close together (I think it is within an hour) so there's no way to make two BOG or B&C reservations for your entire party.

You would increase your chances of getting reservations for everyone if you are willing to make a second MDE account that could be used just for making dining reservations. With a second account you could keep your current reservation for 3 at BOG and 4 at B&C and just look for reservations for 2 or 3, depending on how many more are planning to dine at each restaurant. Restaurants have more tables for 2-4 than for parties of 6, but because they will be on two different MDE accounts the reservations can be for the same time without a problem.

If you absolutely do not want a second MDE account you will have to look for a reservation that includes everyone that will be at the restaurant - so 6 even though you already have reservations for 3 or 4 at BOG and B&C. Once you find a reservation for 6 you can cancel your current reservations. With just one MDE account you will not be able to make two reservations close together (I think it is within an hour) so there's no way to make two BOG or B&C reservations for your entire party.

You would increase your chances of getting reservations for everyone if you are willing to make a second MDE account that could be used just for making dining reservations. With a second account you could keep your current reservation for 3 at BOG and 4 at B&C and just look for reservations for 2 or 3, depending on how many more are planning to dine at each restaurant. Restaurants have more tables for 2-4 than for parties of 6, but because they will be on two different MDE accounts the reservations can be for the same time without a problem.
Thanks @purple figment . That's what I thought. I'm going to bite the bullet & get an acct for DH. The chances of finding a 2 or 3 are much better than a 6.

Just coming back to update & answer my own question. The modify action is only searching for the missing places for your party.

I had a 10:25 BoG for 3 ppl.
Was randomly stalking ADRs & saw a 10:25 for 3 ppl. I changed the search to 6, but it came back negative. I quickly opened my existing BoG for 3 ppl & it allowed me to modify to 6. Only B&C left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter