Anyone ever book ADRs not knowing def. dates?

maria's_mommy

Mouseketeer
We are trying to plan a trip for the fall but due to DH's work will not have definate dates until about 3 months out. It will be one of 2 consecutive weeks. Can I book hotel reservations for the first week then book my ADR's at 180 days for both weeks then cancel whichever week we don't go? We would cancel as soon as we know. We would have to change hotel reservations but not so worried about that. Somehow I feel guilty about the ADRs but I don't want to wait until 3 months out.
Thanks

I've done that before. I just cancel the adrs for any dates that we won't be there.

My only concern with that is if you link you dining reservations to a resort reservation number, and then have to possibly cancel that resort ressie number and get a second resort reservation number - would you then lose the dining that was linked to the first reservation number?
Not trying to complicate things - but that would be my main concern. For example, some pre-paid things such as dinner shows, CRT want payment when booking UNLESS you link it to you dining plan. I have most of my dining linked to my resort ressie/dining plan now even if not pre-paid.........just something you may want to talk to a CM about.

When I made our ADRs for our December trip the CM needed the resort reservation for each one as well, so please ask for guidance and then let us know what the answer is. I'm positive many folks are in your same situation from time to time.

I booked ADRs before we had a hotel reservation. We were still debating over the week and I didn't want to wait and miss an opportunity.

I do it all the time. Usually I don't set out to, but our trips had a way of migrating back when DH was in business for himself and his schedule harder to predict.

A couple of thoughts - first and foremost, be sure to keep VERY good records so you don't forget to cancel anything. Pulling up ADRs on the site isn't always reliable so it is worth noting the time, place, and confirmation number of each as you book them. Second, your resort reservation number won't change if you reschedule, as opposed to cancelling and rebooking, so that won't affect any prepayment ADRs.

My only concern with that is if you link you dining reservations to a resort reservation number, and then have to possibly cancel that resort ressie number and get a second resort reservation number - would you then lose the dining that was linked to the first reservation number?
Not trying to complicate things - but that would be my main concern. For example, some pre-paid things such as dinner shows, CRT want payment when booking UNLESS you link it to you dining plan. I have most of my dining linked to my resort ressie/dining plan now even if not pre-paid.........just something you may want to talk to a CM about.

If you simply change the dates of your trip, you keep the same reservation number. I've done that a bunch.

I book ADR's before having hotel reservations or exact dates. Just be sure to keep good PRINTED or email records of your confirmation numbers as the website is not always good at pulling them up (or AT ALL with the conversion that just happened!). That way - when your dates are confirmed - you can cancel the ones you don't need/want.

Thanks everyone. I feel better and I'll be sure to keep careful records of everything. Reading on here had me scared to call disney directly and ask them anything out of the ordinary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter