Anyone else rooting for Funny Cide?

I normally do not watch these, but sure was hoping Funny Cide would win.

:( Ah, that was sad, he gave it his best but on a sloppy track you just never know what will happen.

I agreee Poohbear, too bad :(

But classy reaction from Sackatoga Stables.
I wanted to bawl with Funny Cide's jockey's son though! Wasn't he huggable??

I was rooting hard for him. The reaction on the jocky's little boy's face was so sad when they lost.

Too sad but the winners were gracious.

The son is adorable. I will be waiting for him to follow in his Dad's footsteps someday and win the Triple Crown.

I've always thought it was a bit unfair that other horses could skip some of the races, and run relatively "fresh" in the later races of the Triple Crown. I personally think to be a true Triple Crown, all the horses should have to run all three races.

Empire Maker sat out the Preakness after he lost the Derby, as there was no way he could win the Triple Crown. Thus, he got 5 weeks of rest between races, while Funny Cide only got 3 before the Belmont.

48:70 for the first half mile was a comfortable pace and not unreasonable. The winning time of 2:28:26 was more than 4 seconds slower than the record set by Secretariat in 1973 (2:24), and very reasonable for the track conditions.

Funny Cide lost because 1) he was tired 2) the mile and a half length is a marathon for horses who usually never run that distance 3) it was a sloppy track and 4) Empire Maker was better rested, better conditioned, and was the better horse -- at least he was yesterday.

But I was rooting for Funny Cide too . . . :(

We were rooting for Funny Cide. His owners were on the Today show on Friday and they were very very funny. Anytime you have that muddy of a track, there is no way to predict who will win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter