• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else over the mask/distancing rules?

Wearing a mask at Disney is not a choice it's a rule. Which is why a lot of people are using the "if you don't want to wear a mask don't come" argument, ir sounds harsh but it's simple. Disney requires everyone coming to wear one.
Do i like wearing one? No. Am i happy they're having this guideline? Yes
It'll come to a discussion between the unions that represent the cm and Disney on when these guidelines will be changed or lifted.
For the sake of discussion you can all post your views on these guidelines but please don't argue in vain and follow DIS guidelines. Someone can disagree with you and that's alright, just move along, nothing you say here will change Disney's minds, that i can guarantee

I agree with the original poster 100%!! I totally get what you’re saying. It’s not about being aware of the guidelines and hours and protocol—-believe me, we all get it! Bottom line...people are annoying! Mind your business, keep it moving and leave others alone! We’re all adults and don’t need to be reminded to social distance and keep the mask up at all times. Annoying is an understatement actually. We all know the rules....back up already!!

We’re all adults and don’t need to be reminded to social distance and keep the mask up at all times. Annoying is an understatement actually. We all know the rules....back up already!!
Obviously, people do need to be reminded. If everyone was following the guidelines Disney set out, and everyone knew ahead of time, you wouldn't have to be reminded to follow social distancing and mask rules.

Obviously, people do need to be reminded. If everyone was following the guidelines Disney set out, and everyone knew ahead of time, you wouldn't have to be reminded to follow social distancing and mask rules.
In a perfect covid world, no one would ever need to hydrate or eat anything, or even catch their breath so you could be “mask up” at all times. Not to mention, is there such a thing as social distancing and remaining 6 feet apart at all times in Disney World? All I’m saying is if you catch someone standing a little too close to someone else, or if you see someone taking a sip of water, ease up a little and mind your business!! Yes, I agree some take advantage, but come on 🙄

In a perfect covid world, no one would ever need to hydrate or eat anything, or even catch their breath so you could be “mask up” at all times. Not to mention, is there such a thing as social distancing and remaining 6 feet apart at all times in Disney World? All I’m saying is if you catch someone standing a little too close to someone else, or if you see someone taking a sip of water, ease up a little and mind your business!! Yes, I agree some take advantage, but come on 🙄

That's not the issue and you know it. People aren't asking people to put their masks on while taking sips of water. People are telling people to put masks on when they're flagrantly not abiding by the rules they agreed to for everyone's safety. And guess what - if you come too close to me without a mask - it is my business.

So you assume that the numbers would be exactly the same without the restrictions? You mention the tiny percentage that die with the restrictions in place. Would that not change if the restrictions were removed?

We all have different thoughts on this of course. Personally I'd rather deal with a bit of discomfort to help even one person avoid this illness. Many of those that do survive suffer. I don't have those numbers but I'd rather not take any chances.

this virus has killed .014% (1,100,000/7,800,000,000) of us. not .014 (1.4%), .014%. it has spread through most everywhere in the world that there are people, and still has only killed .014% of us. it has killed 215,000 americans while 30,000,000 are unemployed. there comes a point where the cure is worse than the disease. the bleeding hearts for the 28000 employees laid off could help if disney was able to welcome all people right now (you cant welcome mask wearers and non mask wearers if you mandate masks. if masks werent mandated, mask wearers and non mask wearers could both go and 28000 employees wouldnt have been laid off). if we can start from the premise that 1 persons death is worth 30million not being unemployed, we are only talking about how many are worth it. if most people agree that a job is "1b" importance to health "1a", a reasonable person thinks a certain number of deaths is worth 30million not being unemployed. and this is coming from a household that thankfully has two essential jobs and havent been affected financially by coronavirus. have some empathy for those who do not know how they are going to pay novembers rent in two weeks. even the overwhelming majority of pediatricians say "get the kids back in school before we hurt them more mentally and emotionally than the virus kills physically". but thats a problem of both democrats and republicans...democrats believe in science until it says put kids back in school during coronavirus and republicans believe in science until climate change scientists speak ill of the oil industry. its all skeevy.

I mean yeah, everyone is sick and tired of living through a global pandemic. Who isn't?

But, you are operating under the very, very mistaken assumption that it's mask mandates keeping people away from Disney and led to the the layoffs.
There are plenty of reasons why people aren't traveling and I guarantee most of them don't have anything to do with the mandates dictated at the destination.

if you dont want to get someones germs, stay home. thats the way being part of a population works. its not my job to not give you my cold when cold season arrives, its your job to protect yourself from getting my cold.

Insanity. So you think healthy people shouldn't go to work in case someone else decides they should come in with a cold/stomach virus/flu/etc.? You would go to a family function ill and say oh well it's your job to not catch what I brought here? Unbelievable!
You should definitely go to WDW because this is some Fantasyland level crap right here!

Let's try this philosophical example out.

A child in your kid's class has herpes sores on their face and that child is itching and not being very careful to what and who they touch afterwards. Is this everybody else's problem? The rest of the class has the freedom to PPE or stay home or test their luck.

I don't agree that masks are the literal opposite to how our society has run up until now. There have always been social contracts in place that attempt to balance the greater good with individual freedom. I can see an argument for not needing mask usage in some scenarios, but I cannot see an argument against any and all mask usage at this stage.

Last edited:
That's not the issue and you know it. People aren't asking people to put their masks on while taking sips of water. People are telling people to put masks on when they're flagrantly not abiding by the rules they agreed to for everyone's safety. And guess what - if you come too close to me without a mask - it is my business.
I respect other people, and businesses, and abide by the rules. Your comfort level, however, is not my problem 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do think it sucks how only 6 parties can get on a bus now and it really slows down transportation but it is for everyone’s health & safety. I never thought I would miss the days of being crammed on a bus or sitting next to strangers during rides or attractions lol
lets hope next year we can get safely back to Crammed busses and getting all up in each other’s personal spaces !

"if you are sick, please stay home". the same phrase applies to going to the grocery store, work, church, yoga, soup kitchen, etc. if you have a cold, consider others and please stay home. if you are having a herpes outbreak, consider others and please stay home. if you have coronavirus, consider others and please stay home. like i said, i wish all people good health and would never intentionally give others my germs. i am just not living in fear of something that is airborne (so i cant get away from it or discern if its present or not) and has killed .014% of us. why does someone have to wait to get on the bus because you dont want to stand next to them. it is public transportation (in the disney sense, not in the government sense), and you have alternatives if you are uncomfortable. we arent talking about ebola here. i just dont know why you cant -wear a mask if you want to wear a mask, or not wear a mask if you dont want to wear a mask-. it is amazing what percentage of adults think the world revolves around them. finally, the "its private property. follow their rules or stay home" is a complete bogus strawman being built by pro mask people. if disney didnt have a mask mandate, you (the proverbial "you") would be crying at the top of your lungs on social media for all to hear about this is terrible and they better change the rules, im going to cancel my annual pass, im never coming back, etc. its only "its private property. follow their rules or stay home" as long as their rules jive with your personal beliefs. people are already crying at universal scaling back distancing and threatening universal blah blah blah. and yes, i agree with "its private property. follow their rules or stay home", which is why i wear a mask when mandated...its just disingenuous to use that when you dont believe in it.

"if you are sick, please stay home". the same phrase applies to going to the grocery store, work, church, yoga, soup kitchen, etc. if you have a cold, consider others and please stay home. if you are having a herpes outbreak, consider others and please stay home. if you have coronavirus, consider others and please stay home. like i said, i wish all people good health and would never intentionally give others my germs. i am just not living in fear of something that is airborne (so i cant get away from it or discern if its present or not) and has killed .014% of us. why does someone have to wait to get on the bus because you dont want to stand next to them. it is public transportation (in the disney sense, not in the government sense), and you have alternatives if you are uncomfortable. we arent talking about ebola here. i just dont know why you cant -wear a mask if you want to wear a mask, or not wear a mask if you dont want to wear a mask-. it is amazing what percentage of adults think the world revolves around them. finally, the "its private property. follow their rules or stay home" is a complete bogus strawman being built by pro mask people. if disney didnt have a mask mandate, you (the proverbial "you") would be crying at the top of your lungs on social media for all to hear about this is terrible and they better change the rules, im going to cancel my annual pass, im never coming back, etc. its only "its private property. follow their rules or stay home" as long as their rules jive with your personal beliefs. people are already crying at universal scaling back distancing and threatening universal blah blah blah. and yes, i agree with "its private property. follow their rules or stay home", which is why i wear a mask when mandated...its just disingenuous to use that when you dont believe in it.
to the bold: because it's Disney rules to visit their parks
And a reminder this is a Disney community board, general feelings can be kept to yourself on daily life, we are all here to discuss what Disney is doing or not doing.
In the end, plain and simple is if you are thinking of visiting the theme parks you have to comply with the rules regardless on hour personal feelings on the subject.
Furthermore continued off topic posts will be deleted and warning points given, so please stay on topic

For those who hate wearing a mask because its their choice, I love the following example.
10 people are working on crafts in a room. One person is using glitter. How many projects have glitter?
Silly, maybe, but very true. I've had too many patients of mine die from Co-Vid to not take it very seriously.

For those who hate wearing a mask because its their choice, I love the following example.
10 people are working on crafts in a room. One person is using glitter. How many projects have glitter?
Silly, maybe, but very true. I've had too many patients of mine die from Co-Vid to not take it very seriously.
A person can both hate wearing a mask yet wear one anyways. Just because they hate the mask rules doesn't mean they aren't following them.

Sorry to hear about your patients. My sympathy goes out to their families.

Please keep the discussion on topic or else this thread will be locked.
Discussion on mask effectiveness and use can be done in the general community boards

As someone who can't wear one due to severe breathing issues with it, feel like anyplace fun is now forever an impossibility. People aren't capable of being fatalistic at all anymore. The thing is, no matter what promising or useful new info arrives, such rules will always exist as much as possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter