Anyone else not in love with their DVC guide?

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Hi all…I am in the process of adding on a small amount of points direct from Disney. I have to say…I am just NOT crazy about my guide. I found myself having to repeat things over and over and trying to find alternative ways to explain what I was looking for because he couldn't understand. He just seemed disorganized and frazzled.

I don't want to write and complain about him. He wasn't rude in any way, and I certainly wouldn't want to get him into trouble. But, if I ever find myself in this position again, I would just prefer to use someone else. Is that even possible? Honestly, when I called this time I didn't even call him directly because I did't love him the first time. But I guess they transferred me to him because he's my person…ugh.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Just call the sales number, ask for a manager, tell them you want a different guide, a senior guide. We have changed twice, we don't buy direct anymore but when we did, I wanted someone who knew what he was doing and who only contacted us when necessary. Our guide leaves us a VM when we are on vacation just to say hi.

:earsboy: Bill

Just call the sales number, ask for a manager, tell them you want a different guide, a senior guide. We have changed twice, we don't buy direct anymore but when we did, I wanted someone who knew what he was doing and who only contacted us when necessary. Our guide leaves us a VM when we are on vacation just to say hi.

Thanks. If I ever find myself wanting to add on more, I will do that. I just don't want him to get in trouble.

Thanks. If I ever find myself wanting to add on more, I will do that. I just don't want him to get in trouble.

Maybe more training is required or maybe he just isn't cut out for this job. By not reporting, Disney has someone who is making them look bad and worse, other buyers may have the same negative experience as you.

Don't feel bad.

Our original guide was great but after we bought we never spoke to him again. Found out from a friend that he was gone. Got an email from the new one. Have never spoken with him or communicated with him in anyway. One's guide just doesn't really matter after the purchase.

How many different ways are there to explain what you want? "I was __ points at ____ resort with a ____ use year." Is anything more than that necessary?

How many different ways are there to explain what you want? "I was __ points at ____ resort with a ____ use year." Is anything more than that necessary?

Sounds about right :)

I don't know if I even have a guide - if I do I haven't talk to him/her yet.

You would think! I ended up spending way more time on the phone with him that I ever though I would!

In the end it all went ok, I got everything I wanted and I'm happy.

Maybe it's just a personality thing…by the next time (if ever) I do this again, I'm sure I'll be over it :-)

We had the same thing. We just asked for another guide and did not give a reason like you say did not want the guide to get hauled across the coles. Just wasn't working for us. Our trouble was our first guide was fantastic so we were thrn dissapointed when the replacement wasn't a patch on her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter