Anyone else having problems arranging a dining reservation swap?

Suzie75

Earning My Ears
I posted two reservations I was canceling and the other party was logged on and waiting for them...and both of them couldn't find them--someone grabbed them. I don't know how that is possible. Anyone else finding this? I wonder if travel agents have a special hook up with Disney to snag the cancellations first? Maybe I am just paranoid...

I had this happen several times. We thought it just happened to go back into the "system". We couldn't believe someone could have grabbed them that quick!!! I am a newbie, but I did see this on a thread somewhere....
- when you go to cancel a reservation for a swap , do not just cancel it.... Instead try booking a new reservation for that same time( maybe try a not as popular restaurant so you can easily find a time); you'll be prompted to either keep the old reservation or make the new one since they are conflicting. When you cancel the old one to be swapped and choose the new one apparently the old one does in fact become available. I have not tried this, but it is worth a shot!

Sometimes they show up at the specified time rather than just under lunch. So if you are dropping a 2:00 lunch, it may show up if you search under lunch or under 2:00. I've had this happen.

The other advice we have seen is look for the specific time, not just dinner. If it doesn't appear, try again in an hour or two

The person looking to pick up the reservation should be logged into both the App & website. Sometimes it'll pop up on one & not the other.

I've had some successful one and some not. Sometimes it takes a bit longer for it to show back up.

My BOG breakfast ADR was swapped out at 2:30 AM to make it easier for the person on the other end. She and I coordinated by text for an exact time. My ADR for 2 immediately became an ADR for 1. So weird. So she grabbed the 1 and is hoping for another 1 to pop up close in time.
Odd...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter