Anyone else get the "Disney Rash" on their legs?

I cannot believe that people actually wear these things out in public. COME ON! you look ridiculous.

I wear Crocs exclusively. :lmao:
I'm not kidding. :rotfl2:
Stop laughing. :rotfl:

Anyhow. I really do. (Although not Disney Crocs.) No kidding. Even in the Winter, I wear my snow boots out, and change to Crocs indoors. I think they're the most awesome, comfortable pseudo-shoes ever.

But then again, I'm a rebel. :eek:

I cannot believe that people actually wear these things out in public. COME ON! you look ridiculous.
Really? Seriously? You know, when you get to a 'certain' age and you value comfort over 'cuteness' you find that Crocs feel quite wonderful at WDW. I have multiple pairs, in all sorts of colors. I don't much care that the 'cute shoe police' think I look ridiculous. My dd, then 32, thought my Crocs looked really stupid. She wore her cute little flip-flops. Yep, my feet were still quite happy when we detoured to First Aid to get her some bandaids for her blisters!!

To the poster who has high blood pressure (or any others out there), I found that my b/p meds were a contributing factore to my vasculitis issues at WDW. I think I was taking Norvasc at the time...I have changed to Diovan and have much less trouble with it now. Something to think about.

I wear Crocs exclusively. :lmao:
I'm not kidding. :rotfl2:
Stop laughing. :rotfl:

Anyhow. I really do. (Although not Disney Crocs.) No kidding. Even in the Winter, I wear my snow boots out, and change to Crocs indoors. I think they're the most awesome, comfortable pseudo-shoes ever.

But then again, I'm a rebel. :eek:

I too wear my crocs everywhere - disney crocs at disney, regular ones and disney ones at home, even the furry ones in winter. I also have "dress" shoes (ballet flats) that are Crocs that I wear at work.

I'm only 32 and still love them - even wear them with socks. Sure they don't look super fashionable but guess what, unless required by work, I wear clothing and shoes that are comfortable. I have better things to worry about than the fashion police.

I too wear my crocs everywhere - disney crocs at disney, regular ones and disney ones at home, even the furry ones in winter. I also have "dress" shoes (ballet flats) that are Crocs that I wear at work.

I'm only 32 and still love them - even wear them with socks. Sure they don't look super fashionable but guess what, unless required by work, I wear clothing and shoes that are comfortable. I have better things to worry about than the fashion police.

LOL :rotfl2: I have "dress crocs" too!!

Really? Seriously? You know, when you get to a 'certain' age and you value comfort over 'cuteness' you find that Crocs feel quite wonderful at WDW. I have multiple pairs, in all sorts of colors. I don't much care that the 'cute shoe police' think I look ridiculous. My dd, then 32, thought my Crocs looked really stupid. She wore her cute little flip-flops. Yep, my feet were still quite happy when we detoured to First Aid to get her some band aids for her blisters!!

To the poster who has high blood pressure (or any others out there), I found that my b/p meds were a contributing factor to my vasculitis issues at WDW. I think I was taking Norvasc at the time...I have changed to Diovan and have much less trouble with it now. Something to think about.

:rotfl::thumbsup2

We Just returned and my DW had the same symptoms after we did four parks in one day on Saturday.

I suspect it might well be a type of heat rash. Many census workers in Fl would relate similar stories of rashes. I have read it is due in part to a large amount of heat radiating from the sidewalks and pavement.

I believe this is it in a nutshell, along with the 10-12 miles we walk every day while at Disney. I get it every year and it's the ONLY time I get it. The first year scared my DH & I but it went away within a few days of leaving WDW. It IS NOT the chlorine or sunscreen, as I do not use sunscreen on my legs, and it happens even when we do not go in the water. Mine goes up the back of my legs mostly from socks to mid calf, but I am not overweight, and it does not itch or swell. It will burn slightly when using a washcloth on it. Very benign :goodvibes Just noticed what a pp said about it being related to vascular issues, but it is not. My Dr. said they are not related - just happens to some and not others.

We were at WDW 2 weeks ago and one daughter got this rash by the end of the first day. We ended up going to a Walgreens nearby and talked to the pharmacist. He said the Disney rash was well known and it was a reaction to the sanitizing solution the housekeepers spray in the hotel rooms. I have no idea if this is true, but we walked into our room the first day and the housekeeper was still there. She said she would be done in a minute and just had to spray the sanitizer. She then proceeded to spray all over the carpet. My daughter developed the rash only on her lower legs. The pharmacist had us treat it with Benadryl spray and hypo cortisone cream.

Denise

I get the same thing - reddish patches on my legs - it started on a trip last year and usually starts after day 2 or 3 and clears up right after we get home. It only happens during hot times of the year. I am in the sun and pool almost daily at home with my 2 little guys so I know it isn't that. Too funny it has a name! I thought it was just me :)

Laughing that this thread exists - I got this once, noticed it while standing in the lobby of the Contemporary and was TOTALLY mystified! I think I've gotten it a couple times over the years and I also associate it with WDW! I never did find out what it was and assumed it was some sort of heat rash (but couldn't figure out why it was just affecting my legs!)

:rotfl:

We were at WDW 2 weeks ago and one daughter got this rash by the end of the first day. We ended up going to a Walgreens nearby and talked to the pharmacist. He said the Disney rash was well known and it was a reaction to the sanitizing solution the housekeepers spray in the hotel rooms. I have no idea if this is true, but we walked into our room the first day and the housekeeper was still there. She said she would be done in a minute and just had to spray the sanitizer. She then proceeded to spray all over the carpet. My daughter developed the rash only on her lower legs. The pharmacist had us treat it with Benadryl spray and hypo cortisone cream.

Denise

Oh that is so surprising. I too had developed the Disney Rash three times in the past , but usually after 3-4 days or so of walking in the parks . I assume from the heat of the pavement and my circulation as a woman in her 40/50's.

But the last time I checked into POP at about 4pm in the afternoon , 2 summers ago and then took a bus to the POLY for a meal , I developed the rash that 1st nite. I too thought that it could be something in the room rug or sprays they use at the Poly of POP for the flowers & plants.

I will be going to WDW in 1 weeks time and will be interested in seeing when my rash develops this time. I fully expect to get it this time from all the walking and heat (Vascular dermatitis/Golfer's Rash) ...but will be very upset with WDW if I develop this rash again soon upon checking into my room. If there is a problem with room sanitizing sprays them Disney should change them...I will report my rash to management if this happens again to me the 2nd time.( I hope not).

I'm hoping to have a magical stay in the next few weeks !:wave2:

Interesting thread...

Has anyone else gotten a rash that wasn't on their legs? I developed a rash all over my forehead, ears, and neck during our last trip. I just assumed it was either some sort of heat rash or that maybe I was allergic to whatever they use to clean the sheets. :confused3 It went away almost immediately after I got home.

Looks like heat rash. Now in an early post some one talked about meds could be a factor to. I can really see it in folks from up north that are not use to the heat. I go many times a year and you folks from up north are covered in sweat. I am not even breaking a sweat. Now one thing I would recommend is to shower several times a day and make sure you use a corn starch base powder. Wear loose fitting clothing and do your best to stay cool. You can have an adverse reaction to sun. I wear long pants and I always have a long sleeve shirt in my back pack. This sounds crazy but it does work. I have an outside job and I live in Savannah Georgia. No one in our family ever has this problem. Good luck.

My daughter got a rash all over her legs a few years ago. We were there in June/July and I attributed it to her playing on the floor of our hotel room (a Disney resort). My sister just happened to have a prescription cream that we used and it helped. We didn't let her play on the floor without a blanket down after that and it didn't come back.

My daughter got a rash all over her legs a few years ago. We were there in June/July and I attributed it to her playing on the floor of our hotel room (a Disney resort). My sister just happened to have a prescription cream that we used and it helped. We didn't let her play on the floor without a blanket down after that and it didn't come back.

The heat and resulting sweat can cause a lot of rashes. If it's around your neck or chest, baby powder might be your best friend - and can be used to prevent the rash.

If the rash is in areas that chafe like underarms or thighs, Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (available at Wal-mart or through Amazon - buy it before you leave for Florida and have it with you as an insurance policy. It can save your life (or your sanity, anyway).

I get a rash from the sheets on all locations!! I learned to bring a pillowcase for the bed or if I'm in the DVC - wash with my detergent and fabric softener...

My wife and I just returned from a week at WDW and Universal. We had a wonderful time but on the next to last day we noticed a rash developing around her ankles. It now covers most of her lower leg from the top of where her socks ended (nothing on her feet) up to below her knees. We Googled "Disney Rash" and found many references to it but no definite answer. The day the rash broke out we had done a lot of walking - probably in excess of five miles - but we're both in good shape and that amount of walking is not something we can't handle. She's more on the thin side rather than stout. From what I've read on the Google search the rash goes away quickly but I was just wondering what causes it. Any thoughts?

Maybe it's the Universal rash, and not the Disney rash.

I have a theory that it comes from EPCOT because some of the pavement has bits of recycled glass in it that reflects back up on the legs and makes it more intense on the lower legs. I almost always get this rash right after doing an EPCOT tour. I am sure that it seemed super cool an environmentally friendly to recycle glass like this and this was an unforeseen side effect.

I get this after my first full day in the parks. It goes away pretty fast. My adult children never get it so that explains the "over fifty". Lucky us!

I agree about reflective material in the pavement. I've gotten the "Disney Rash" several times from ankles to calves...I think it's similar to a sunburn from the pavement reflection.

Just happened on this thread! Now I have the answer to the rash I got a WDW a few years ago, staying at Old Key West. Figured it was gnats or something, but it seems to have been non other than Disney Rash! Good to know! Next time, I'll start looking for hidden mickeys just for fun! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter